What's new

Kotal Kahn General Discussion

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I thought I heard the new variation being two totems + amplified sun disk.

Presumably with a modified version of that move because as is it seems very useless to me
Yeah I'm guessing we're going to see it be like MKX where it grants corner combos. I'd be shocked to see it stay the same if that's move they are picking.

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
Well, if it's the beam amplification of the disc, you get a KB that stuns into a combo follow up if you have three totems out, so it would make sense for him to have that one with these two mystery totems. His amplified disc where he spins is straight garbage though and if damage totem isn't one of the totems, you're never getting three of the others out.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
I thought I heard the new variation being two totems + amplified sun disk.

Presumably with a modified version of that move because as is it seems very useless to me
amp sun disk is soooooooooooooo bad

So I assume its something a bit better and changed up, maybe make it ex launch or something like that?

Jeffrey Wolf

While a change would be great, if they had, I think they would have shown it. It's going to be the combo that Aquaman and Mustard predicted: Beam disc (which is good with totems due to the KB) and his other two original totems from MKX (damage and defense). At least that's what I'm putting my money (and hope) on.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Damn son for some reason I was thinking that normal Sun Ray needed a slot and that True Totemic wouldn't be able to disco dance while he drops defensive totems but I was wrong, thankfully!

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
Yeah, it is. Who knows, maybe they'll change the frames of the other totems to be like damage? That would be a nice Totemic buff =)
I'd be really happy if this happens, as it currently stands I'm not too confident in this new variation bringing much to Kotal. Any expectations that we'll see him get some slight buffs or skill adjustments for his base kit?

Slymind

Noob
They could play around with sinergy. Defensive totem up makes solar beam go faster, ofensive increases damage naturally, both at the same time = krushing blow.

Hack

Noob
And the KB requirement is 3 active totems for the beam right?

Given KBs yeet totems out of existence I feel like I'd rather keep that fat stack of totems (which I will never really get) than to get a KB which combos into mid 300's
Not even just three active totems, it specifically has to be three stacked on top of each other. so if you have 3 active but in 2 different places it doesn't work. I'm banking on them changing up the condition. If the requirement was "a Counter hit or punish WITH a totem active" I think we might actually see it a few times.

Jeffrey Wolf

Played a decent amount of the 3rd variation using Kustoms the other night and it's not too bad. Rarely ever used amplified Disc (please, NRS), but getting a two stack of damage and defense up isn't too hard and man is it nice to hit harder and take less damage at the same time. I'm upload some matches later.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
How's the testing going for the new patch, can't test anything cause I'm work, but I heard you can side switch now with command grab??

Reactions: Ram