Votes: 139 34.3%
  • Blood God

Votes: 61 15.1%
  • All Equally

Votes: 35 8.6%

• Total voters

Hassun

Noob
Sad to see that Kotal Kahn guides basically mean War God Kotal guides.
I mean I understand but it still makes me sad.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
war god isn't fun at all to play or watch

i bet if it wasn't the best (it's probably still a bill anyways) people would be using sun god

LeeVanDam

Sun God Advocate
question regarding Sun God variation.. for some reason whenever i try to go for fdb 1 it never wants to come out. I dunno if this is a bug or just my horrible inputs. Blood Offering is the same input and i have no problem performing that move.
Are you trying to use the Sun God Choke? That'd be d,b+2.

LeeVanDam

Sun God Advocate
Nah, he's referring to Sun Scorch.

Agree completely. Blood God and Sun God are infinitely more hype than War God on his best day.
Oh yeah, just have to be sure to connect with at least one Sun God Choke first. Since practice has full meter, it won't activate for you to see it in there since there is no meter to gain. At least, that's what my problem was when I was trying to see what it looked like.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Placed 4th today in a MK Cup qualifier with sun god, went o-2 in the actual MK cup.

I hadn't played subzero in 2 weeks and started learning kotal a week ago so I was stuck with a high tier that i couldnt use effectively at all and a low-mid tier that wasn't tournament ready. I went with sub for every match except 2 and did pretty horribly with him.

I beat a dude's hellfire scorpion and thunder god raiden, was bummed to see that it wasnt recorded.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Placed 4th today in a MK Cup qualifier with sun god, went o-2 in the actual MK cup.

I hadn't played subzero in 2 weeks and started learning kotal a week ago so I was stuck with a high tier that i couldnt use effectively at all and a low-mid tier that wasn't tournament ready. I went with sub for every match except 2 and did pretty horribly with him.

I beat a dude's hellfire scorpion and thunder god raiden, was bummed to see that it wasnt recorded.
i beat up a johnny cage with sun god online yesterday

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
3rd place at Combo Breaker..

Kotal Kahn is leaving his fucking mark. Good shit to @Pnut and all the other Kotals that made it out.
Also, can we talk about how if a Raiden puts Pnut into losers they win the tournament? First Digit at Texas Showdown and now Dizzy. If this happens again, we've got an actual trend starting.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
alucard made war god look interesting. it actually gives me a reason to look at a variation that doesnt kneel people

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
alucard made war god look interesting. it actually gives me a reason to look at a variation that doesnt kneel people
Yeah, he did a great job. Though I was surprised to see that people weren't punishing the regular db1. I figured people would know about that kind of thing by now. It's not like a Kotal Kahn hasn't been in a top 8 at a large tournament before.

Hassun

Noob
There were a massive amount of Kotal Kahns at Combo Breaker. The War God Emperors of Outworld definitely left their mark.
I think I even saw a Sun God!

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
When alucard was doing those airgrabs from fullscreen, was that to bait out attacks or just only to build meter? Cause it seemed u hardly get any meter by doing those airgrabs. Need to check that in thr lab.

Khaoz77

Don't run, you're gonna trip...
When alucard was doing those airgrabs from fullscreen, was that to bait out attacks or just only to build meter? Cause it seemed u hardly get any meter by doing those airgrabs. Need to check that in thr lab.
According to the commentators, it was to build meter, which isn't a bad idea I guess.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
i wanna gauge some opinions from other players since i'm losing hope on which variation i want to stick with (more because i actually want to learn which i'm most comfortable with and not another bitch rant)

for sun god, is it better to start by throwing out tick throws to charge up your damage ASAP and then doing block strings or the inverse? i.e training them to hold the block button and then tossing out a few grabs closer to the end of the match to have something stacked for the second round? is it worth going for a choke considering how often it whiffs?

how might one go about sitting on your life lead from a distance with kotal? he has very little to force you to respect him if you're closing on him due to his unsafe-ness even if his normals advance quickly (no armor either and parrying is a read). i have this problem most with blood god since i'm inclined to play a little more passively than sun

is war god secretly a bill?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
i wanna gauge some opinions from other players since i'm losing hope on which variation i want to stick with (more because i actually want to learn which i'm most comfortable with and not another bitch rant)

for sun god, is it better to start by throwing out tick throws to charge up your damage ASAP and then doing block strings or the inverse? i.e training them to hold the block button and then tossing out a few grabs closer to the end of the match to have something stacked for the second round? is it worth going for a choke considering how often it whiffs?

how might one go about sitting on your life lead from a distance with kotal? he has very little to force you to respect him if you're closing on him due to his unsafe-ness even if his normals advance quickly (no armor either and parrying is a read). i have this problem most with blood god since i'm inclined to play a little more passively than sun

is war god secretly a bill?
if they block, tick throw. end all combos with sun choke unless theyre about to be cornered and lvl it.

what do you mean how often it whiffs? if your opponent is pressing buttons then you should be cashing in heavy damage.

turtling is easier done with sun god, ex choke is a good move for armour

all of his main normals reach super far, you cant be having problems like that. throw out a f1b2 if youre sure theyre running, b1 tick throw if theyre trying to bait you.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
if they block, tick throw. end all combos with sun choke unless theyre about to be cornered and lvl it.

what do you mean how often it whiffs? if your opponent is pressing buttons then you should be cashing in heavy damage.

turtling is easier done with sun god, ex choke is a good move for armour

all of his main normals reach super far, you cant be having problems like that. throw out a f1b2 if youre sure theyre running, b1 tick throw if theyre trying to bait you.
i've had my command grabs whiff a lot lately and it's getting to be infuriating

Beach

La mejor playa
Are there any videos or matches i could watch for Sun God/Blood God? I think I'm ending on Kotal for the character I like the most in MKX and I'd really like to play more than just War God.