Votes: 61 15.1%
  • All Equally

Votes: 35 8.6%

• Total voters

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
So what is Kotal Kahn's game plan in Sun God and Blood God? How does he open up his opponent? His strings aren't really fast enough to punish a lot of characters and his specials don't give him any mix-up opportunities. Once your opponent learns your block strings, your done. What is Kotal supposed to do against an opponent who knows how to block?

I haven't gotten to play many people online because of my terrible computer, but how much chip damage are zoners doing? Is it possible you could wait them out with God Ray?
Exactly they can't zone u would full screen when they have to be taking unblockable damage lol especially with the god ray.

The sun ray is decent. I've used it many times. I usually put it on me to heal and duck without block. That way their high projectiles can't hit me. It usually forces people to come at you. This doesn't work with characters that have a low projectile like lui kang. Lui kang is pretty much a counter because he can zone you out. So you need meter to do your EX projectiles.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but the listed frame data leads me to believe that db3 cancel might be +1 on block. It also says it hits high when it hits mid though, and that the unblockable move is plus 23 on block, which makes me wish it was blockable because safe mixups for days.

I'd test it out myself, but I'm on PC and as it turns out I can just barely run this game at all and can't get 60 fps no matter what I do. Consequently, figuring out small frame advantages is difficult when I'm dropping frames like mics at a rap battle.

Also, I just realized I know you from Injustice. <<<Coin Flip/Twosided_Truth/that one Harley player
its plus BUT a jabber can get u off guard cuz the start up of db3 is kinda shiet. +23 would be awesome lol but some frame datas are really wrong for expample erron blacks mb slide in game says -5 but i can punish it with 11 frames starters .

So, how are you guys getting through heavy zoning with Kotal? All I can see to do is to walk and block lol
sun or god ray their ass as soon as u block their projectile or duck is( duck without blocking to completely avoid projectiles. The sun ray( GOD RAY for moooooore damage) is unblockable damage overtime
that they can't avoid if theyre just spamming you from far just set a sun ray at full screen and db3 to catch them if they try to avoid the sun ray.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
sun or god ray their ass as soon as u block their projectile or duck is( duck without blocking to completely avoid projectiles. The sun ray( GOD RAY for moooooore damage) is unblockable damage overtime
that they can't avoid if theyre just spamming you from far just set a sun ray at full screen and db3 to catch them if they try to avoid the sun ray.
Everytime I try to block Cage's projectile and immediately summon sun ray I eat another projectile before my animation finishes. Maybe it's just online idk. I'll check it out in training.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Way too much recovery to do that.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
So not a pro tech question or anything but what is the requirement for the Sun God command grab brutality?

mkl

Poopbutt.
So, how are you guys getting through heavy zoning with Kotal? All I can see to do is to walk and block lol
Run cancel into b32 seems pretty good to gain ground. Another option is to X-ray if you have the meter to spare. It's a pretty good x-ray but you can use the meter better if you find other ways in. Otherwise his design's flaw is obviously keep out.

Last edited:

Klesk_1

RIP Grundy
Does it? it trades too much for my liking.. I'll go to the lab with it, maybe I'm timing it wrong.
no no you have a point it does trade quite often unless you get it early, i thought it was me but actually you're right. i still like it though as you can ex it into a cheeky combo as i'm sure you know

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Dunno if that has been said, but for some string doing the air grab at the end of an on block string make it + on block. For example 114 air grab on block will make you at advantage for frametraps.

And btw, the airgrab works on goro ex tp (in case you didn't play mk9 ^^)

REYTHEGREAT

Dunno if that has been said, but for some string doing the air grab at the end of an on block string make it + on block. For example 114 air grab on block will make you at advantage for frametraps.

what would you follow up with after the air grab if it blocked?

mkl

Poopbutt.

Wow really? I wonder how many frames it takes off and if it's useful for strings like f1b2. For 114 that's really nice since you don't even have to hit confirm into the air grab ender.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
no no you have a point it does trade quite often unless you get it early, i thought it was me but actually you're right. i still like it though as you can ex it into a cheeky combo as i'm sure you know
Messed with it for a bit, as you said it has to be super early. Like if their jumping normal is already out it'll trade or lose most if not all the time so it needs to be before they stick their limb out.
I did find Saw blade to be surprisingly useful for anti-airing tho. Catches jump backs pretty consistently too thank the Elder Gods, playing online randoms got a lot more bearable.

Lanqu

Noob

Ive done some testing, its not granting advantage, because grab duration is like 30-35 frames and nothing of his strings has so much cancel advantage on block

Khaoz77

Don't run, you're gonna trip...
I would like to believe that with Kotal, we almost have to play a lot of mindgames. When I was playing casuals with other players, I noticed that everytime I got a hard knockdown or be in the neutral position, if I Blood Sacrificed or set up a totem, they would react a certain way. 2 players I played against (one of them was an Erron Black) would get very panicky and avoid me at all costs. I used that to my advantage and basically did some space check normals on them.

Kotal's damage output scares a lot of people, we should use that to our advantage.

Lanqu

Noob
I used to play against people who dont even know what his blood ofering is doing and then I've been like xrayed 2 times a match through blockstring. That means that people dont need to be afraid of 1 or 2 hits from kahn and just punish his crappy blockstrings for 40+ combo