What's new

Kotal Kahn Currently has an Inescapable Command Grab Option Select

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course there need to be some frames to jump out, that is how tick throws usually function. I don’t think making CG a high is a good over all decision.
But the title of the thread still isn’t correct, you can escape that by Flawless blocking. So it isn’t “inescapable”, and seeing how there is precise timing to hitting f3 in order to make it impossible to jump, you can train to Flawless block in the precise moment, if they change the timing of f3 - you can jump or poke.

I am not saying it shouldn’t get patched out, I am just playing with possibilities here.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Well ain’t this some shit.

I suspect a lot of “Quitality” deaths when people choose Kotal Kahn.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
Not Day 1 yet and we on here looking to call something broke. If this isn't part of the Day 1 pacth then we are in trouble. Let's wait for the final frame data

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
wait question, what happens if the the player gets hit by f3 and the kotal player still does the command grab, does it connect if they're in hitstun?

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
wait question, what happens if the the player gets hit by f3 and the kotal player still does the command grab, does it connect if they're in hitstun?
No. The command grab will not come out at all if they go into hitstun. The grab will only come out on block. This is what makes it an option select. It's a technique that makes it so you are covering multiple options and the options are dictated on what the opponent does. This isn't just a standard cancel. If Kotal were to just normally cancel F3 into command grab, it would still come out on hit and the command grab would whiff.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Umm..people did jump kick inescapable throw the entire time in the beta where have you guys been?

It's guaranteed on block, no duck no escape no poke.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Here's a challenge:

If this doesn't change anytime soon, I will venmo anyone $5 if they find a way out of this without having to take the command grab or flawless blocking every single F3 done (not in succession, but every single random 17frame F3 in the neutral).

This is if the option-select is done correctly.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
No. The command grab will not come out at all if they go into hitstun. The grab will only come out on block. This is what makes it an option select. It's a technique that makes it so you are covering multiple options and the options are dictated on what the opponent does. This isn't just a standard cancel. If Kotal were to just normally cancel F3 into command grab, it would still come out on hit and the command grab would whiff.
so hows it work inputwise?

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
so hows it work inputwise?

Normal Command for Cancel:
F3xxCommandGrab

Option Select:
F3 DelayxxCommand Grab

You input the command grab at the very latest opportunity. Because the opponent's block stun lasts longer than the hit stun, this late activation of the cancel makes the command grab only come out if the opponent blocks the F3. If the opponent is hit by the F3, nothing would happen at all.

It's awkward to explain but if you want to try it yourself, just record the computer doing the "F3 DelayxxCommand Grab" then get hit or block it and you'll see there is no escape.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
So does this works for all command throws?
This one is unique because the tick is off his F3(low advancing normal) into delayed is Command grab that only comes out on block.
The startup of F3 is 17f and is +15 on hit garanteed follow up with another F3 creating an infinit. So on hit he can F3 again and they delay Command Grab so it only comes out when opponent blocks and it's a mid so it can't be Neutral Jumped, Backdashed, Jumped, Ducked, D1, D3, D4 or Special moved even if it was a low profiling move. I think the only response could be Armored Wakeup. But it's pretty unfair for defender to have to spend meter on something that can be repeated and garantees follow up. It can also be Flawless Blocked but I doubt anyone will be able to consistently since it's off a single hit and FB is a 3f window.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
They didn't mention Kotal F3 into delayed command grab at all in Kombat Kast 9! So I'm not sure if it's under thier radar, maybe someone needs to make noise? Let's see it in day 1 build cuz they said they are doing tweaks that don't require a patch launch day to adjust rewards and frame data:

16-bit mentions community whining about Liu Kang being bottom tier and how he can't wait for hot takes of combo breaker having Liu making top 8's and Shao Khan DF1 isn't a block infinit and is full combo punishable.

37:40/37:45ish

Status
Not open for further replies.