What's new

General/Other - Kotal Kahn Kotal fighting styles

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Hmm..that could be a game breaker if he just blocks and plays defensively. He'd be able to combo-break allot it seems.
Probably not, because he would have to backdash to get away from the enemy, and back dashes decrease the stamina meter, and you need a full stamina meter as well as two bars to do a combo breaker in this game.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
I'm wondering if the purple totem he summons is some sort of dmg reduction buff.

So the Wargod version has a sword? I can see that version having the highest damage output by ending combos with Wargod specific specials. Sun God seems pretty interesting but if his health regain comes at too significant a cost to his damage output then I can imagine it being unpopular, unless the grabs give you crazy mixups, then it would be badass.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
My thoughts exactly!
Yeah I think we're correct. If you look at the 4 hit combo Sub does while the totem is active, it only does 8%. That's pretty damn low for a 4 hit combo, am I right??

Or maybe that particular combo is that crappy. *shrug*

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
It looks like one of the totems (probably blood totem) gives Kotal Kahn meter for inflicting damage, or perhaps it's more detailed and it is meter gained for every time blood is spilled.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
there is a possibility that everytime he cuts his chest it gives him a damage buff, although he inflicts himself some damage, if he touches anyone while the effect is still active this character will not only get his damage, but also Kotal's self inflict damage.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
Blood god seems interesting to me. Sun god has a beam of light that can heal him. Seems to me a mix of nightwolf and skarlet

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I'm wondering if you could call totems off of links to strings/combos.

For example, say I have like a 112 string. Could I do 112 xx Sun beam?

OR...

If he has a string that ends in a hard knock down, you could probably summon the sun beam and begin applying pressure. The beam damages an opponent so long as they're standing in it, right?

I am going to have fun labbing with this guy.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
A 46% damaging combo.

W0w.
Yeah I think we're correct. If you look at the 4 hit combo Sub does while the totem is active, it only does 8%. That's pretty damn low for a 4 hit combo, am I right??

Or maybe that particular combo is that crappy. *shrug*
At this stage in the game, damage, frames etc. isn't what you'll see in the final game. They are just rough numbers thrown in there to have something to show :)

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
At this stage in the game, damage, frames etc. isn't what you'll see in the final game. They are just rough numbers thrown in there to have something to show :)
That may be so, but I think it's safe to say that the totem which caused the damage will probably be a damage buff, even if the buff isn't AS big as what we see now.

But that could all change in the final release.

Anyone ever play Godzilla: save the earth? A bit shit but blood god is reminding me of how Space Godzilla played.
His tron lines remind me of the glowing tribal tattoos on the Pacific Rim monsters. Also Midna and Tron.:DOGE

And yes I know exactly what you are talking about, Spacegodzilla summons crystals to feed him meter, Kotal summons idols to feed his meter.

I'm wondering if you could call totems off of links to strings/combos.

For example, say I have like a 112 string. Could I do 112 xx Sun beam?

OR...

If he has a string that ends in a hard knock down, you could probably summon the sun beam and begin applying pressure. The beam damages an opponent so long as they're standing in it, right?

I am going to have fun labbing with this guy.
you can definitely summon a totem mid-juggle and continue the combo, it was shown in an e3 video