What's new

General/Other - Kotal Kahn Kotal fighting styles

This is great. Thank you
Anytime. Glad you liked it. I thought about adding the other Sun God gameplay from the Twitch stream to the video as well. But I just went ahead and put in one match with Sun God style. I would have also used the newer gamespot day 3 videos instead, to just show gameplay and no commentary.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
this character seems a hella interesting one to check out .... sun god variation definitely seems to give him some boost / buff traits

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
I wonder what the totems do. I've seen gameplay footage where he uses it but it is unclear what it does. In Blood God he can inflict some damage to himself for some kind of gain, but again it is unclear. He can also call a beam of sunlight.
EDIT: The totem looked it help him gain meter. I noticed it filling up.

I swear he did like 10%+ dmg off of a poke...

Sun beam heals him/ dmgs opp.

Last edited:

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
I wonder what the totems do. I've seen gameplay footage where he uses it but it is unclear what it does. In Blood God he can inflict some damage to himself for some kind of gain, but again it is unclear. He can also call a beam of sunlight.
When he calls the beam of sunlight, if he stands in it, he will slowly regain health. Watch at 5:50 in WAR-BLAST's video.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.

Yes, sun beam deals damage to the opponent as well. Trying to figure out what the totems do. They must be buffs...

mwelele zaza

Aioffe Belle
I decided to compile Kotal Kahn's gameplay footage from E3 into one video, that showcases all three of his fighting variations. Check it out guys.

Hi am using a mobile phone so I can't see the video can u please send me the video URL but edit it e.g you!tube.com/watch then I will just delete the "!" So that I can see the video thanks

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Going back to WAR-BLAST's video, at 4:46, when the match begins Kahn summons a purple skull totem that makes his chest glow purple for a while. Not sure what that one does. At 5:51, he summons a blue-green Serpent totem. After that he does a small combo and it does 46% damage.

Last edited:

mwelele zaza

Aioffe Belle
Going back to WAR-BLAST's video, at 4:46, when the match begins Kahn summons a purple skull totem that makes his chest glow purple for a while. Not sure what that one does.At 5:51, he summons a blue-green Serpent totem. After that he does a small combo and it does 46% damage.
Hi am using a mobile phone so I can't see the video can u please send me the video URL but edit it e.g you!tube.com/watch then I will just delete the "!" So that I can see the video thanks

mwelele zaza

Aioffe Belle
Going back to WAR-BLAST's video, at 4:46, when the match begins Kahn summons a purple skull totem that makes his chest glow purple for a while. Not sure what that one does.At 5:51, he summons a blue-green Serpent totem. After that he does a small combo and it does 46% damage.

Sure, no problem. https://www.you!tube.com/watch?v=_2Zhe3yleJQ or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2Zhe3yleJQ

I hope either the first link or the second hyperlink is what you were asking for.

Edit: It looks like the forum software auto hyperlinks any text link. I sent you a message with the non hyper linked version.

Last edited:

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.

I don't think the totem effects meter, at least not in that way.

His meter was going up because Subzero was hitting him.

Art

Grave_Intent
I saw him standing idle/moving backwards while gaining meter.
Hmm..that could be a game breaker if he just blocks and plays defensively. He'd be able to combo-break allot it seems (if indeed that's what the totems do). He seems to me allot like NightWolf from MK9.

Last edited: