What's new

Konquer menu guy (Who is he?)

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
I'm still waiting for the thing that says he always was meant to be playable. He's yet to show up in a single game that didn't already have every other cast member in it. In mk9 he was literally the last mk character they created.

If anything, not being playable is more what he's meant for.
"We always knew we’d add Rain right from the beginning." Ed Boon
Well theres this from the article sited...about mk9 so last or not he was already planned.
He also says he wanted to make another ninja had no time so put him in to tease people & then gave him a move set & added him later. So regardless of what you think Boon seems to think he made him to put him in the game & his team made moves for him to add him later. Just saying its all there in words from Ed.

Reactions: Zev

RothVI

d2 Spammer
I'm still waiting for the thing that says he always was meant to be playable. He's yet to show up in a single game that didn't already have every other cast member in it. In mk9 he was literally the last mk character they created.

If anything, not being playable is more what he's meant for.
This is from the article I linked,

"Rain was me being a jerk, basically. [laughs] When we were working on Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, I was thinking 'what ninja color have we not done yet?' … and I’m a huge Prince fan, so I was thinking Purple Rain... There was no time to actually make a character, because the game was done. So I hacked into the attract screen a quick little sequence of this purple ninja running at Shao Kahn... Once Mortal Kombat Trilogy came out, we gave Rain new moves and he finally became a real character."

What is implied from this is that if there was still time, Rain would've been a secret fight or a playable character. He wasn't made to be a one-off joke, his appearance in the attract screen was supposed to tease at his eventual inclusion.

Reactions: Zev

Zev

Cages_Shades from MKO
To bring this subject back to the Traveler.

This looks similiar to what we see in the mk11 Krypt. now I don't think the traveler is Erron but cool too know that Erron did something similiar and maybe thats how he got his long life. Which means the "Traveler" is mosty likely someone who is in the Krypt pre MK1.

Also I've seen people mention the traveler could be Chameleon, and he's finally given a backstory.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
I'll say it again. He brings NOTHING NEW to the table. The farts and pukes of Bo'Rai Cho? They bring something new.

But it's a lost cause. The masses want cool&edgy characters who are 2cool4skool; they don't really appreciate designs. I mean, MK11 Noob Saibot looks like an intentional joke character to me, but some people take this superdark darkest emo self-stabbing skull-wearing shadow death metal vocalist..... as a serious cool guy.
Congrats. You officially have the shittiest opinions to ever come through on this website.

Considering all the trash opinions that I've seen over the years on here, it's astounding how you managed to top all that in under a month.

Lun

proud TERF!
Congrats. You officially have the shittiest opinions to ever come through on this website.

Considering all the trash opinions that I've seen over the years on here, it's astounding how you managed to top all that in under a month.
There's so much spite in your comment, over a personal opinion of a fictional character, that I just hope I never fight you online. I can only imagine the hatemail.

I could ask you why, if my opinion is so bad, you can't even counter it with arguments and just resort to insulting the person (typical attitude of who has no arguments). But I shouldn't, because I'm almost sure you're only capable to reply with other venom.

Also, tone it down pal. When a lot of people dissed my Bo'Rai Cho, I didn't go and tell them their own opinions are the worst ever (just because they aren't mine). No, I never attacked them, I always attacked their opinion by explaining with arguments why I have the opinion I have instead. So, chill out.

Y'know, take a deep breath, give me a polite reply on why you disagree with me, and then we can talk. Otherwise, shoo, I'm not replying you anymore, just reporting silently.

Last edited:

Lun

proud TERF!
Poor wording, fixed.
Ah, ok!

I think he may just be waiting for me to try and join the Discord channel to ban me instantly without reason. But if he's willing to come and discuss in a civil way, I'm here and we can make peace.

Back on topic, the idea mentioned here that the Konquer guy may be the Kollector before he became the Kollector is.... intriguing.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
You have the right to have your opinion and I have the right to call your shitty opinion a shitty opinion

Is Braindead a moderator? I hope not.
Didn't you say you were gonna put me on your ignore list? Whatchu doing bro?

Just FYI: I told @Braindead on Discord that you deserve a reply, but he's too much of a pussy to give you one.
Stop thirsting after female TYM users it's embarrassing. You're like the italian MKF30 now.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
You have the right to have your opinion and I have the right to call your shitty opinion a shitty opinion

Didn't you say you were gonna put me on your ignore list? Whatchu doing bro?

Stop thirsting after female TYM users it's embarrassing. You're like the italian MKF30 now.
I was starting to lose hope.

What if Boon did include Rain one last time in MK11 but only to permanently kill him off?Only because Prince passed away and he wants to put Rain to rest too. How would people feel about that? That being said, I’m still curious if Krypt guy is going to have any dialogue or anything.

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
NOONE dies permanently in MK, so if he is going to be killed in the story - go for it. But let his death be significant and memorable as Mileena's.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
I suspect a troll move from NRS and Ed Boon: making this Krypt generic ninja dude, being a playable character on KP2 or being a ultra super secret character that people will take long to discover how to unlock in MK11, and giving him a name, origin story and own special moves .... this all only to fun around with Rain fans rage reactions , rsrsrsrs :p :p