What's new

Kombat Tomb Podcast - Ep. 31 with Emperor Theo

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
Dark Knight Rises is a better action Film. Dark knight is more of a thriller. They are different films. I watched back the bane batman fight in the sewer the other day. I love how raw that sequence is. no music. Just 2 dudes punching and talking mad slang. its done really well. In The dark knight you really do not see see much action. Just some car chases. Joker being... Joker. They are both good. I would prefer to watch rises over dark knioght. I prefer the characters despite the massive plot holes. Plus dark knight is way too long. They should have removed the entire boat sequence. I felt it did not really fit. I maybe be Biased I play a lota Bane lol.

Oh and Catwoman is amazing in Rises.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Does anyone else think 16 Bits Bane impression sounds kinda like his Foxy impression?

4x4lo8o

Noob
But if you guys think the animation is too different that people can tell the difference then to each his own. I challenge you guys to record NW walking up in staff stance, randomly do standing 2's and mb ground sparks. Leave the ps3 or Xbox on while you go get something to eat. Come back. And then knowing your at a random part of the recording and/or forget the pattern your recorded try to block these 2 moves perfectly nearly everytime. If you can do it, then I guess you guys simply have better reactions than I do.
Have you tried this?

Your argument had me convinced during the podcast, but after seeing all the arguing in the comments I tried it and I was able to block it well over 50% of the time. If I spent longer practicing I feel like I could probably block it close to 100% of the time. It's probably harder to do in a match, but it's definitely not a guess. If they're doing it at a specific time where the opponent knows it's coming, like after staff spin, I don't think it will hit anywhere near 50% of the time

The standing 2 animation brings the staff around in a wide, slow, continuous arc. With the Ground Blast he brings the staff to a vertical position much more quickly before slamming it down. I block high and watch the speed of the back end of the staff and mash down if it's swinging fast. The stand 2 has a sort of graceful, swooping motion as a few Nightwing players have mentioned, the Ground Blast has a quick jerky motion that almost looks like it's spinning that's easy to press down on reaction to.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
Lol @ k7's teacher pic story,I did the exact same thing on a blackboard at school. Lmao at 'who would u rather get raped by nooby or a horse?'
You should definetly have qwark on the show btw.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Have you tried this?

Your argument had me convinced during the podcast, but after seeing all the arguing in the comments I tried it and I was able to block it well over 50% of the time. If I spent longer practicing I feel like I could probably block it close to 100% of the time. It's probably harder to do in a match, but it's definitely not a guess. If they're doing it at a specific time where the opponent knows it's coming, like after staff spin, I don't think it will hit anywhere near 50% of the time

The standing 2 animation brings the staff around in a wide, slow, continuous arc. With the Ground Blast he brings the staff to a vertical position much more quickly before slamming it down. I block high and watch the speed of the back end of the staff and mash down if it's swinging fast. The stand 2 has a sort of graceful, swooping motion as a few Nightwing players have mentioned, the Ground Blast has a quick jerky motion that almost looks like it's spinning that's easy to press down on reaction to.

If your blocking it over 50% of the time and not 100% of the time how does that prove you are seeing it everytime? Maybe you were having a good time guessing.

I presented something to think about for nw players. To me, even if it is possible to tell the difference, it seems like a test worth making your opponents pass. I would not assume my opponent's sit down and study watching his standing 2 versus his mb ground spark. If my opponent is able to see the difference, then props to them. But to disregard a potential 50/50 where both options launch and are unpunishable on block is crazy to me without making my opponent prove he can 'see' it.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
If your blocking it over 50% of the time and not 100% of the time how does that prove you are seeing it everytime? Maybe you were having a good time guessing.

I presented something to think about for nw players. To me, even if it is possible to tell the difference, it seems like a test worth making your opponents pass. I would not assume my opponent's sit down and study watching his standing 2 versus his mb ground spark. If my opponent is able to see the difference, then props to them. But to disregard a potential 50/50 where both options launch and are unpunishable on block is crazy to me without making my opponent prove he can 'see' it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you go for the MB Ground Spark option and they guess right, doesn't that also put them right back into the same situation again?

Slips

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you go for the MB Ground Spark option and they guess right, doesn't that also put them right back into the same situation again?
I dont' know if its the exact same situation, but nw has the advantage. Maybe he can j2 his way back in? I don't know.

But you bring up a good point. There is no consequence even if they have the reactions to see the mixup. Both are unpunishable and one actually gives you frames anyway. Why not just try it?

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I dont' know if its the exact same situation, but nw has the advantage. Maybe he can j2 his way back in? I don't know.

But you bring up a good point. There is no consequence even if they have the reactions to see the mixup. Both are unpunishable and one actually gives you frames anyway. Why not just try it?
They don't vote.

RM Truth

Just looked it up. MB Ground Blast has the same advantage as MB Staff Spin so theoretically, you would reset the situation.

AssassiN

Noob
What don't people understand about backdashing?
Even if you do Staff Spin MB on block, they can backdash...

Staff Pound MB on block is more + then Staff Spin MB but it has too much pushback.

RM Truth

What don't people understand about backdashing?
Even if you do Staff Spin MB on block, they can backdash...

Staff Pound MB on block is more + then Staff Spin MB but it has too much pushback.

MB Ground Blast will track a back dash. I'm not sure about standing 2.

Breaker

~AKUMA~
LMAO Armenia is SO European and Russian that Their second languages are Farsi and Arabic and they migrate to Lebanon and Iran. Lmao Armenians are like the Turks, always trying seem like they're not part of the middle east because of a recent technicality.

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
If you do mb ground spark after mb staff spin it will catch backdashers.
If the opponent can backdash, how is it a 50/50?

My friend, I assure you - there is no 50/50 town in staff stance. It is a pressure tool that in the corner - puts the opponent in unfavorable situations. It's reach and speed make it incredible for whiff punishing opponents in the corner. The short hop makes it easier to keep the opponent contained. Staff stance is a dream in the corner and in certain matchups can be viable at midscreen.

But anyone being caught with raw standing 2 after 6months of the game being released - are either getting complacent blocking or are not familiar with the character.

We can agree to disagree but I implore you - find more experience in the MU.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
General M2Dave I've come to the realization that i don't see DS as top 10 although i agree that he is in the conversation. Within the past week i've grinded out online Injustice, and if you guys know me you know that i'm mainly an offline player and i haven't been playing very long. But i will say that the online has given me a ridiculous amount of experience in the short amount of time i have been playing and i am now starting to see matchups in matrix modes with 0's and 1's. DS has the tools for every situation, they may not be as good as certain characters but he does have access to a larger array of mediocre tools than every one else.

DeathStrokes core gameplay is no longer the great zoning it was before, but it is still viable coupled with the rest of his tools, now he requires reactionary play and tons of good reads.

If you do not have good reactions with the character then you will not succeed with him, it all makes sense to me now. Other characters have better risk rewards then him in certain situations, he has safe options for many small situations which have to add up over time. Now that i have this understanding i believe i will do well with this character and i plan on taking him to tournaments.

I will agree that he is upper mid tier at best due to the fact that he has few strings and very little faults. He is an honest character in a game filled with dirt, at the end of the day he is just a super well rounded character as Sektor was in MK9.

Slips

If the opponent can backdash, how is it a 50/50?

My friend, I assure you - there is no 50/50 town in staff stance. It is a pressure tool that in the corner - puts the opponent in unfavorable situations. It's reach and speed make it incredible for whiff punishing opponents in the corner. The short hop makes it easier to keep the opponent contained. Staff stance is a dream in the corner and in certain matchups can be viable at midscreen.

But anyone being caught with raw standing 2 after 6months of the game being released - are either getting complacent blocking or are not familiar with the character.

...when I say mb ground spark catches backdashers, I mean they get hit. Soooo no, they cannot backdash.

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
...when I say mb ground spark catches backdashers, I mean they get hit. Soooo no, they cannot backdash.
Nightwing has to perform standing 1 to jail his opponent or they can jump out.

I can jump in at you if I read the raw ground pound.

In this situation Nightwing is making the read. Will he jump out? Stand 1 MB ground pound. Or will he backdash? Flying Grayson. Jump forward 1 or raw MB ground pound.

The jump forward 1 and flying Grayson are d2'd by anyone with a functional d2.

Are we still talking about 50/50s or have I convinced you that it is an escapable situation with alternatives to simply blocking the shit?