What's new

Kombat Tomb Podcast - Ep. 24 with Krayzie

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Honestly the answer is Arnold over Stalone...

Yes Rocky 1-4 is godlike and so were the Rambo's but then you got his mid-tiers like Cobra an Tango and Cash the dropoff from Arnold's mid-tiers like The Running Man and Red Sonya blow Stalone away...

Nephrite

#Fujin4MK12BaseRoster
Loved the episode, especially bringing up Fujin when discussing the roster for the next game. Also, I agree with 16bit: Sareena is overrated and Kung Lao is way cooler than Liu Kang. :-P

XXFleshtrapXX

imma eat choo!
Liu Kang has always a will always be nothing more than MK's answer to Bruce Lee. I wouldn't mind Liu Kang in this game if he didn't have to make a "kung fu" noise every single time he moved, or his fatalities weren't lame as shit.

Kung Lao has a hat that doubles as a bladed weapon.....and a !DIVEKICK! I rest my case on that one.

Flagg

Noob
I'll tell you how they'll get round the whole roster thing.

I am so certain that UMK 9 will be in the works. Something will be worked into that story that brings back all the dead characters, that or the UMK9 ending canon will override the Mk 9 canon ending. Seriously, can you imagine MK10 with just Raiden, Cage and Sonya returning???

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
You know what, I dont know the girl, but from what you've told me, is she really the best girl? Sounds like she'd give it to anyone that would be up for it
Hahaha thats WHY she is the best girl. Good girls are everywhere, but the genuine slam pigs don't come around often.

I am so sorry for your loss, Slips.

Flagg

Noob
Hahaha thats WHY she is the best girl. Good girls are everywhere, but the genuine slam pigs don't come around often.

I am so sorry for your loss, Slips.
Well I guess the hot ones with the double d tits that'll let you unload on them all night at the drop of an alarm alert, aren't that common.

Damn, poor Slips! lol

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
Agree with Slips on the topic of supporting MLG over EVO. I wouldn't mind going to four tournaments a year, honestly if you want to play offline MK more often then that's what casual events are for.

We shouldn't have to follow Capcom players who always try to stick their noses up at us and waddle away to UMvC3 and SFIVAE2012. We need to split up from them and support our own majors. No sense in indirectly supporting another community who doesn't respect us.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Agree with Slips on the topic of supporting MLG over EVO. I wouldn't mind going to four tournaments a year, honestly if you want to play offline MK more often then that's what casual events are for.

For a lot of us there are no casuals close by. These grass roots tournaments are the rare times when a group is together and it makes sense to drive hours to play offline.

Altaire

Noob
And I think both of you are on crack.
I would love video proof of a top sektor bodying a top sonya.
Then I might believe.
Till then....crack is one helluva drug.
As much as I'd love for it to be true, I'm going to have to take this stance. I don't see how Sektor could possibly be any better than 5-5 with Sonya, and it's probably worse than that.

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
I love both Arnold and Stallone.

But, Terminator 2 >>> anything else.

EDIT: I feel Slips' pain with the Buffy talk and no TMNT talk. TMNT for life.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Not everyone feels that way. The scenes can co-exist. I am a part of the Capcom and Tekken communities in addition to this... there are some people who are jerks about MK there, but there are jerks anywhere.

Not all of us have a conveniently close offline scene, or the free time in life to regularly play casuals. I basically don't. I do, however, enjoy watching high-level play as a spectator sport. I've donated over and over and over to Spooky, and now I'll be donating to Medina and the KTP guys. I would hate to only get to see high-level play 4 times a year.

Also, Slips and 16bit both agreed: there is only one Evo. For those of us who have been in the scene a long time, who were in arcades wowed by the original MK at 11 years old, who in our mid-teens first heard rumors of epic 30-man tournaments in Cali with legends like Jeff Schaeffer... there is no substitute.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Not everyone feels that way. The scenes can co-exist. I am a part of the Capcom and Tekken communities in addition to this... there are some people who are jerks about MK there, but there are jerks anywhere.

Not all of us have a conveniently close offline scene, or the free time in life to regularly play casuals. I basically don't. I do, however, enjoy watching high-level play as a spectator sport. I've donated over and over and over to Spooky, and now I'll be donating to Medina and the KTP guys. I would hate to only get to see high-level play 4 times a year.

Also, Slips and 16bit both agreed: there is only one Evo. For those of us who have been in the scene a long time, who were in arcades wowed by the original MK at 11 years old, who in our mid-teens first heard rumors of epic 30-man tournaments in Cali with legends like Jeff Schaeffer... there is no substitute.
Exactly. We must support ALL MK events the best we can. There is nothing where I live and the closest scene is a 14 hour drive. I simply cannot afford to travel so I mostly stream monster all these events. Having only 4 big events a year would SUCK. MLG, Evo, Grassroots all must be supported for the MK scene to continue its momentum.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
This podcast probably had the least mentions of Wafflez a.k.a. Tommy Two-Lids