What's new

Kombat Tomb Podcast - Ep. 19 with Curbolicious

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
K7L33THA

Sometimes the things you say in the podcast are hilarious.

I laughed so loudly at the whole re-incarnation thing. Sweet Blessed Hosanna, the things you say are ridiculous :)

You should just do a three hour show of just you by yourself discussing things.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Each character has different matchups that are good and bad, thats why its good to have a 2nd main.

I feel like what Cage's bad matchups are Stryker can deal with a bit better. Thats why its a counter picking game, the few bad matchups are different between each character.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
Win hard with character loyalty that you like, die hard with him/her too if you lose. At least you have each other. Counter-picking involves the root of evil, money.

16Bit loyal to Kitana
Slips loyal to Scorpion

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
haha, that Dynk call out was fun to hear ..... I think he is able to put a hell of fight against CD Jr, but, humiliate him ? I don't think so .... I think , anyway, this hype stuff has good potential to settle score once and for all between both guys in a mature way, hehe :D

Shady

Noob
I found Curbo's reasoning for why he sleeps in class... I kept saying that since I was about 15... "You either fucking find a good way to teach and engage the class or deal with talking over my snoring..."

I Think by sleeping in class you're doing the teacher a favor... You're making them actually engage with their material to help you....

HYPE, can't wait for MLG....

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
wait people are afriad of kratos??? kratos is legal at mlg????
It was just an example of a "what if" in the means of changing the rules. Meaning... what if Kratos was made legal.
16bit was giving examples of how MLG could change the way we play MK, in regards to the Continuation rule

speaking of which... Slips made the best points about it. How can you argue against a rule that basically rewards someone for beating someone else?

As a long-time starcraft fan and someone who's been interested in mk since last evo (my first time seeing high-level fighting games) hearing 16bit calling the extended series (continuation) rule arbitrary and "only being implemented cause that's what they do in starcraft" is so fucking hilarious since the reason mlg stated to the sc community for using it was basically: "well we've been using it in Halo for a long time and that's what we do."

This was back in 2010 when mlg was considering picking up starcraft. hell, our contact person with mlg so to speak was really clueless about us to begin with but it worked out and he's now a staple community personality. MLG is also the only starcraft tournament that uses the extended series rule. That rule actually became a community inside joke with how silly the arguments became when the mlg employee responsible for a lot of the rules came on a community podcast for an interview

Espio

Kokomo
I thought you guys were messing about getting Curbo on, this is awesome cannot wait to listen to this:) .