What's new

Kombat Pack 3, 4 and 5 Leak From the Guy That Leaked Aftermath

Art Lean

Noob
Wow... ok. Was not expecting something like that to ever emerge as an official production. Can't deny I've literally got no interest in a cartoon like that at all :confused:

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Who is this supposed to appeal to?
Y’all remember that this cute anime Mileena eats intestines with the poopoo still in there, yeah?

So lazy, the whole Kronos / Kronika deal. Dominic even mentioned he watched the Avengers for inspiration. So clearly a rip off and the writers tried to appeal to the average Marvel DC movie fan and force titans into the MK universe.

If they had borrowed pieces here and there, no problem, MK is in its core heavily inspired by movies. However this one is not in the same spirit and far removed from the established lore.

No disrespect to Kittelsen, but when he mentioned they looked at all these different eras, themes, franchises to blend with MK that aside from the Onaga tournament- easily the best option - it all seems too obvious they didn’t want to stick too closely to the essence of MK.

In the end, they found a way to still make it feel like MK for the most part given the titans part was mostly kept for arcade endings, but due to time travel and some lose ends and non-sensical elements like Geras “death” it left a bit of a bad taste. They made right with Aftermath, even the Shao / Sindel part felt MK, regardless of your opinion on the actual story / events.

mattteo

Noob
Titans are the worst additions to the MK universe since Taven and Daegon. The fact that Dom said they were above the One Being is insanely insulting to long time MK fans
Taven and Daegon were NOT bad additions at all. Their lore makes a great MK prequel basis. And the konquest mode to Armageddon should have been played by more people. Some fans don't really know it, but it was an insight to the tragedy of Edenia's rullng House

Titans are the worst additions to the MK universe since Taven and Daegon. The fact that Dom said they were above the One Being is insanely insulting to long time MK fans
It showed he doesn’t know what he’s talking about. Kittelsen said they weren’t so let’s hope the uppercut team won’t follow dumb Dom.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Taven and Daegon were NOT bad additions at all. Their lore makes a great MK prequel basis. And the konquest mode to Armageddon should have been played by more people. Some fans don't really know it, but it was an insight to the tragedy of Edenia's rullng House
They showed up after over a decade of established lore to all of a sudden be the most important characters in the universe. They were a complete ass pull, and just like something pulled from an ass, they were completely shitty.

Apparently two credible sources from Uppercut editions - kompendium team - state KP3 has been cancelled. That’s it people, NRS hands are tied by WB it seems, but regardless they have no interest to fix a flawed game and support the game and reward loyalty of their fans like SF5, Tekken and DB Fighterz creators have.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
Apparently two credible sources from Uppercut editions - kompendium team - state KP3 has been cancelled. That’s it people, NRS hands are tied by WB it seems, but regardless they have no interest to fix a flawed game and support the game and reward loyalty of their fans like SF5, Tekken and DB Fighterz creators have.
Source on that? If uppercut editions say so, I believe it. They’re pretty in the know.

if it’s true, damn shame they left this game as is and I hope their next project is a lot more fun and interesting to play. RIP the Ash dream too, fuck that stings, I don’t even play MK11 that much but I just wanted to see him in game

Zviko

Noob
I did say I think Ultimate would be the last content drop.

I know it’s not been confirmed but it’s not looking promising.
Aftermath was released on May 26th. KP2 reveal was October 8th and release of Ultimate November 17th. That means it could still be 2 more months before they reveal KP3 and then another month to release it. I'm guessing it's gonna take even more than that if they plan to release 5 characters to fill that character select screen.

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
link to this? I've been trying to find it with no luck so far.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
link to this? I've been trying to find it with no luck so far.
MWI is supposedly back-pedalling on this. I was at the mk leaks discord and he confirmed the cancellation of various mk projects (mk girls ultra, mk1-3 hd, mk3 projekt), but wouldn't comment on kp3.

And apparently, (wasn't there for this bit) when some people asked him to verify what two other uppercut editions folks said about kp3 getting cancelled, he said 'it isn't entirely so'.

Note that there is a guy called dvd1 on gamefaqs who claims he's dvd under a new account and doesn't post at his discord anymore because he lost his passwords in discord or got his account locked, or something. That guy claimed that aftermath 2.0 got cancelled, and the kp3 characters got switched with easier choices. This is me wearing my tinfoil hat, but it could be what mwi meant by saying 'not entirely true' concerning kp3's cancellation.

Also, this dvd1 guy claims that in ... 40 hours from now he'll post a leak over at gamefaqs which will be the hugest huge of huge mk leaks ever leaked in the history of our planet. We're talking Peter Parker is a clone level of reveals, and the mk community will never be the same. All that he asks is for 100 people to reply to his thread within those two days and ask him politely to share this info.

And no, I'm not joking. This is an actual thing. A guy literally teased the announcement of a 'leak' and holds it hostage in exchange for attention. This is literally the saddest thing I've seen a person do on social media.

Anyway, MWI also said WB is not looking mk in a good way right now and the future is not bright for 'people like us'. Vague bullshit or ominous premonitions? I'll let you decide.

I'll repeat what I said over at gamefaqs: something's up with nrs and wb. It is simply unfathomable that a new mk movie is coming out, ed boon ignores its existence completely and instead can't seem to shut up about Marvel characters and IPs.