What's new

Kombat Pack 3, 4 and 5 Leak From the Guy That Leaked Aftermath

I mean MK gets overhyped for doing the bare minimum. MK is known for looking beautiful, but lacking substance as of late.
That’s not what I’m saying though, SF5 story sucks, BUT at least they give every character a time to shine and some backstory. Gameplay wise MK lacks depth and variety, not sure if that falls under substance?

Onryoki

We all die alone. So love yourself before you go.
That’s not what I’m saying though, SF5 story sucks, BUT at least they give every character a time to shine and some backstory. Gameplay wise MK lacks depth and variety, not sure if that falls under substance?
To me it’s substance.

Fair enough. I think NRS main problem is arrogance. They know fans will accept anything as long as it looks good. Granted, they did some great nostalgic moves with the movie skins, appearances, voices, but that’s also easy money. I think the day NRS will support a game longer than a third season of DLC, change and add gameplay mechanics is the day we will have people living on Mars.

So diverse and new every year, while MK11 stays the same.
yeah, but it also started from the lowest of low points with the base game. Could you imagine if MK11 started in the same state? The game didn't have KL at release and people were losing their shit, if it started with 16 characters the internet would have gone down.

Sure NRS may not have done everything perfectly, but i wouldn't be using SF5 as the gold standard either.

Also the 5th season for SF5 was just dumb luck due to the virus situation. Everything was pointing to the 4th pack being the last until recently.

yeah, but it also started from the lowest of low points with the base game. Could you imagine if MK11 started in the same state? The game didn't have KL at release and people were losing their shit, if it started with 16 characters the internet would have gone down.

Sure NRS may not have done everything perfectly, but i wouldn't be using SF5 as the gold standard either.

Also the 5th season for SF5 was just dumb luck due to the virus situation. Everything was pointing to the 4th pack being the last until recently.
Points taken, but I rather had MK11 start with less so they could finalise everything properly so we would’ve had a larger and more diverse Krypt, bigger story mode, Tagawa announcer etc. Capcom redeemed themselves while taking their time whereas NRS keep rushing and copy pasting everything.

What SF5 also did right: stage depth and variety, but also variety in speed and size of characters. Goro, Kotal, Shao will never be bigs like they should and there’s no real advantage in having an agile character vs a slightly slower one.

Last edited:

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Do you think they could announce something on April 16th?

At least the movie versions for Jax and Sonya should be a given.

Onryoki

Do you think they could announce something on April 16th?

At least the movie versions for Jax and Sonya should be a given.
Idk, did the thiny ever hint at new content after mileena got released??

Onryoki

He said a few things were added in, but that they could literally be anything. He doesn't know exactly what it is yet
Hmm... I’m not sure if we’re gonna get a KP3 then. With KP1 and 2 we knew it was coming before they were announced. With this one I’m not sure. I mean I expect them to release a final KP because of the PS5 release.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Hmm... I’m not sure if we’re gonna get a KP3 then. With KP1 and 2 we knew it was coming before they were announced. With this one I’m not sure. I mean I expect them to release a final KP because of the PS5 release.
WB would be stupid to not capitalize off of the buzz the movie is getting. Lot of people are going to be picking up MK11 after watching it. You don't want them just buying the used Ultimate Edition from Gamestop lol, you want to get some extra cash off those people too.

Art Lean

Noob
Would have been much better imo. Ahhh well.
Whilst she's not a great final boss or particularly interesting character (even visually), I am however very glad she's in the game, as for me she's the best announcer since classic Shao Kahn in MKs 2&3. I know others may not agree, but I've not used a different announcer for MK11 since the very first day I unlocked her; great vocal performance from Jennifer Hale and a massive breath of fresh air after so many years of the same old monster man announcer.

Onryoki

WB would be stupid to not capitalize off of the buzz the movie is getting. Lot of people are going to be picking up MK11 after watching it. You don't want them just buying the used Ultimate Edition from Gamestop lol, you want to get some extra cash off those people too.
Judging from what I’ve seen, the movie doesn’t look that good. I also doubt it will bring in a lot of new players. It might inspire some to return or play MK again.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Judging from what I’ve seen, the movie doesn’t look that good. I also doubt it will bring in a lot of new players. It might inspire some to return or play MK again.
It really doesn't matter how you personally see it. Bad or good, its MK. The trailer already has millions of views of youtube, and people are getting hype for MK again. Its like how whenever a new fighting game comes out, a few months before release people are playing the game that came before it.