What's new

Kombat Pack 2 Has Kome!

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Anyway, my main concern is the release order. I swear to GOD if the gap between Aftermath and this next kombat pack is ended by the release of a guest character first, I'm gunna be mildly agitated.
If it's really 3 then they should probably be out at the same time like Aftermath? At least that's what I think.

Gaxkang

Banned
Sad to see such a staple as DLCleena reduced to a third pack dlc storyless character, but hey, we got her.
What if they decide to make her more...Tarkatan than usual? or some other difference...will the Mileena Maniacs accept it?

What if Boon is pulling a Monkey's Paw scenario on them?

Eeeeeeeeeeeeek! :eek:

The seeming delay may be Boon fortifying his residence... :p

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
What if they decide to make her more...Tarkatan than usual? or some other difference...will the Mileena Maniacs accept it?

What if Boon is pulling a Monkey's Paw scenario on them?

Eeeeeeeeeeeeek! :eek:

The seeming delay may be Boon fortifying his residence... :p
oh yeah .... after all, they even showed the very first female tarkatan ever in MK 11 story .... what if Mileena ending up being like this :

And instead of sais, they just decide to give her a pair of frying pans ?

Ed Boon can always say : "Well , you asked for Mileena, so now, you got what you deserve .... she is coming anyway, but I did not promise how she is coming back "..... (laughing maniacally as Palpatine) ..... :p :rolleyes:

Last edited:
DVDhgamescenter now spilling more info...
take w/ a grain of salt
------
Announce is soon, maybe next week (not 100% sure), release in November. Final pack pushed back for 2021.

It's a really cool scene that I saw pictures for. Shinnok is punished by the other Elder Gods. He is whole (as in with his head), cause time has been reversed or they're in another dimension or something. He and Cetrion are found guilty or rebelling, but they need Quan Chi, cause he is a very powerful human. They revive Quan Chi from where Shinnok had abandoned him (apparently Hell) and he is pissed off cause he died for Shinnok and Shinnok abandoned him. He uses his sorcery to bind a chained Shinnok to be a puppet of the Elder Gods and they give him to Taven, who is awoken as their champion and a last chance against the forces of Daegon (text from his bio).

The other Elder Gods are trapped in this Nexus and can't travel because of what Cetrion did, but Taven takes Shinnok and together with Quan Chi they are like a last resort team to ensure that good wins. Also, for their team are revived/brought into this timeline Mileena and Reiko, because they have worked with the Red Dragon and know how to find Daegon and also because they have a score to settle with Havik. Takeda later teams up with Taven (Shinnok), cause Kenshi is killed (from Takeda's bio, but I think we also see it as a flashback cause there are Kenshi pics) and travel Chaosrealm and Orderrealm to stop the monsters that the Chaotic Universe created and steal the Crown from Taven's brother. We get to see Hotaru, Darrius, Sareena helps them there (her model was supposed to be playable until recently)..

I can tell you how it ends, cause I saw the intended ending descriptions for every character as well,but I'd spoil things.

I know more stages are coming with the packs, but I don't know which ones yet. The Pyramid if Argus seems like a good guess given that the story will have a final battle between Takeda and Taven with Daegon. Most stages if not actually all will have stage fatalities in the end.

About the ending...no more timeline after this. It's a definite endjng to the Mortal Kombat reboot story. They will definitely make more games and have story modes, but not beyond this point.

It ends where Liu Kang ends in the original games, at the dawn of the Universe, but with the kombat kids (new generation) bringing the Crown back to Liu Kang, who is with Kitana and Raiden. Presumably, they get sent back to their time, in a better world, but it's a bridge between generations.

Takeda and Jacqui end up together, he leads the girls. Liu Kang remains behind and reshapes the Universe, it's basically the ending of the game that was true, the Aftermaths are just paranthesis that lead back. Liu Kang's scene with the Great Kung Lao can still take place after that and set up the next game.

Don't know about krypt expansion. Will find out.

Have no idea how Mileena will play, but will update.

I haven't seen much of him and haven't paid much attention so now I barely remember. It was a pic with him in the shadows which didn't reveal much and one from the waist up in which he was standing next to Takeda and looked much bigger and buff, acting like an older bro, they were surrounded by enemies. He had a golden necklace of some sort
Definitely. I saw Kenshi

So last pack would have how many and what characters? We have 5 spots remaining...and i see Havik, Daegon, Takeda, Shinnok, Quan Chi, Taven and Reiko mentioned...so I guess 2 of those are out? I Hope Quan Chi and Shinnok are just NPC's, or keep Quan Chi out, and Taven/Daegon are one character like Raiden/Black Lightning.

*6 spots
I think whoever your source is is wrong. When aftermath was over, 8 more slots got datamined. Having 9 more would make the roster asymmetrical by 1 character. I want to believe what you're saying, but I just think a 43-character roster is a weird number
Why is this the big issue?? A box on the character select screen just opens up and reveals another character.

We did that with MK9's DLC.

Rain won't be in the aftermath 2 story?
He will be. I just haven't had time to check his story, bio and pictures, cause he was added later and frankly...I haven't gone there yet.
Don't know about krypt expansion. Will find out.
Have no idea how Mileena will play, but will update.

Will there be a Chaosrealm stage? I need it.
Definitely.
Do you have any information about Hotaru ? He will be in the new storyline ?Cameo ? Thanks in advance for the into.
Yes. He's the one leading a Revolution now, as I read in Havik's bio. Orderrealm and Chaosrealm are mow reversed, the second is exploiting the first. Havik employs Darrius too.

I have a suspicion that Ash is going to be the last fighter. Can you give us any insight on him? I feel as though they are saving him for 2021 because it’ll be the 40th Year Anniversary of Evil Dead. Appreciate you sharing this!

Ash deal pretty much dead now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/gnbxn7
I think this is MK Dragon disguising himself as DVDGAMESCENTER with some bullshit leaks :DOGE

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
I actually loved Mileena's design in MKX. Her best one yet. Also loved what they did to her mouth. I hope they go for that mouth design again and keep it consistent.
I don’t get it...everyone loved Mileena’a model in mkx. You said it like this was a hot take or arguing someone.

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
I don’t get it...everyone loved Mileena’a model in mkx. You said it like this was a hot take or arguing someone.
Not everyone loved Mileena's new design, particularly her mouth. There have been lots of people who wanted her to have her MK9 look where her mouth is concerned. RazorsEdge on the Netherkast is an example.

MetBart

Noob
As for Mileena, I think that apart from nostalgia, her design is just creative and she's shown as a bloodthirsty "beauty". That's why a lot of people like her I guess.

At first, I felt a little bit off with her mouth in MKX, but I changed my mind quickly, she looks even more like a hybrid clone with it.

Benlo

PrayforSareena
I have doubts about the cameo characters... I mean, except Sektor and Cyrax, all characters appearing in MK11 became playbale.

In MKX, we got a bunch of unplayable chars : Stryker, Li Mei, Rain, Sindel, Baraka, Fujin, Sareena,...

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
So does Baraka. He is more ruthless than Mileena but i don't see people going crazy for him
because he is not the perfect mix up of "beast + beauty" that Mileena is , hehe :p

that's it what is fascinating about her persona .... Baraka is just a ruthless jobber with a boring personality, ha ! :D