What's new

Kombat League skill level seems much higher

podizzler3000

http://streamable.com/ti5z
season 2 is a bit more hardcore for sure! I think a lot of kasuals dipped their toes in the water for season 1 but have had enough by now. either way i have brought my win % from 51% to 52% so im happy and consider it a sign of progress in my game.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
The comp is definitely higher than season 1 on both xbox and switch and all erron black, scorp and liu players all play the same I've noticed lol.

I'm definitely seeing a higher skill pool and in general alot more character variety.

Less "Scorpion army" and more "Top 5 Cassie/Erron/etc" army.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Mid F3, pokes out the ass, 50/50 grabs, possible amplified teleport into combo. Take your pick
Block low his OH are easily readable, everybody has 50/50 grabs, I use his amplified teleport as reversal throw practice. I’d rather eat a canceled throw than a 40% combo.

I’m not downplaying his shittiness but it’s doable. Most of the roster just has to work extra hard to get him. Granted I’m not playing Chris G level scorpions either but as far as the ones I play, I don’t mind them. I’d rather fight reborn than kollector, I know nothing about that character.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
So tired of the Liu/Scorpion armies.

Hope these braindead characters get patched soon.
I hear ya lol. Whenever I get Sub or Noob or pretty much anyone besides those it's a breath of fresh air honestly and just a much more enjoyable experience.

Slymind

Noob
I'm on PC, and the Scorpion's population fell dramatically, i played around 20 - 23 games and faced one Scorpion(honest to God), and two Frosts. Yep, i faced more Frosts than Scorpions, let that sink for a bit.

However, Liu Kang, Kung Lao and Cassie seems to be what's hot in the market.

Hot_DNA

Noob
I’m so used to them that when the random kotal shows up I get fucking smashed lol. I have no idea what to do. I’d rather fight a scorpion or Liu Kang at this point, I know the match up.
Yo, I had a 7 game win streak and then came across a Kotal.. He MOPPED me bad!!!!!!!

Gaxkang

Banned
Ah you're still gonna see many of the same characters, and none of or almost none of other characters.

And between one rank and a rank a few levels higher, a character is still basically played the same as long as someone knows the characters enough. One Scorpion is like another, one Liu Kang is played the same as the other. And they got no reason to do different.

I'd say people have simply honed the cheese. Plus ya got the bad online going on too.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
I feel like more of the player base is watching a ton of match videos absorbing all the tech they can. Not saying they didn't before, but it's just much more available and the volume is insane.

This is a good thing, promotes huge depth. Imagine this game around this time next year?

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
@mastermalone I think it may be less that the skill of the players have increased, and more that because the ranks reset, all the good players have to come down and fight through it all again. It also could be that after the first season the less skilled players may just be drifting away from the mode, and that by default would only leave the stronger players.

IDK. It is just a thought. There is a lot to say about this game's focus on making players better over all as well. All the tutorials, the better match making, and just the fact that we are 3 months in, all could be helping to up the skill level of the player base.
Yeah, this sounds about right. When I jumped into KL last time, I jumped in late. I faced an army of scrubby Scorpions and climbed to master rank within 4 days of playing for 2-3 hours a day. This new season, I was literally 0-8 before I started winning some sets. I believe the strongest players from last season are the majority playing the mode now. Needless to say, there has not been a dull moment for me regarding this season of KL.

Gaxkang

Banned
Damn I'm getting my ass kicked so bad I really have to stop playing ToT and actually learn the game.
The single player content and overall glossiness of the game saves it from being one of those games one waits to get until it's dirt cheap.

The online is terrible and the fighting system does not help the situation either. When they do patch the game it will have to be a real doosey.

As it is if people want PVP there's better choices out there. They'd probably even be better off playing Teleport Fighter 5 heh.