What's new

Kombat League Season 5 Rewards

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
It's funny so many people complain about the rewards being recolors and at the same time people complaining that not everyone can get the recolors. If they actually made original gear and skins for KLeague there would be a riot from people who couldn't get the stuff. I don't see the argument, haven't there always been rewards that were hard to get in video games? If everything was handed out for no effort would it be worth playing at all? I remember how hype it was to fight someone who had the Johnny Cage Hotshot skin in MKX, you knew they were gonna be good
Oldschool games and fg didnt reward you at all. The reward was beating the game lol

Why thank you sir! I saw the very first Mortal Kombat cabinet at an old Pleasure Beach arcade when it first came out, pulled off Scorpion’s spear a few times and was hooked.

I pestered my parents to take us back a month or so later (3 hour round trip) after reading all the gaming magazines in the store, and saving enough pocket money for about 15 goes on the machine. Pulled a fatality off on a local kid, best day ever.
I like the pun, you used scorpions kunai and were "hooked" Haha. Bad joke. Lol

Haha nice, I wonder if he was surprised to see that lol. Ahh classic mk when you had like a second and a half to pull off a fatality if that long. Haha

let them first implement a fucking region and ping filter before others get asked to adapt to this shit system where ranks and the people who play the game doesnt reflect your skill level at all. its fucking bullshit at the moment filled with people who have a shit connection and abuse it all day. wouldnt there be costumes people might actually try to get better and improve themself instead to rely on this shit.

there is/was a normal ranked mode too and during that time people played casual matches comp-mode. to find good matches with a good connection. now its just combat league all day and no one cares about that anymore since costumes is what matters. the combat league is a shit show and should either be improved or removed.
the truth right here. before kl casuals with shit internet stayed in casual mode. now they want skins and we have to start from rank 0 everytime. how? how did they startetd the fifth season and didn't change anything about this shitshow? but thats fighting games in general. there is not a single fighting game with a flawless online mode. most fps or rts games get it right but for some reason fighting games fall behind. i wonder why? maybe most people still view them as button mash games and don't think they need good online play..

I don't think you guys get it. You're not supposed to "grind" for the skins. You are supossed to be rewarded for something you'd do anyway. If you don't want to play, don't. Your time is worth a lot more than a shade on a fictional character.
Completely agree, upon reflection. Most people aren’t going to get to Demi God, so it is kind of cool that if someone rocks up in that last KL Cassie skin, for instance, I can give them props... like a Letterman jacket lol

It’s cool that there are skins, rewards whatever, that I wasn’t good enough to get; I’m not owed any more content.

Ahh classic mk when you had like a second and a half to pull off a fatality if that long. Haha
Yeah, you had to start moving to the exact frame screen position on the ‘F’ of FINISH HIM, and you had enough time for one careful attempt or two super fast try and adjusts lol

I still remember the sinking feeling of that musical note that plays when you whiff and miss what might be your only shot that day (one credit was half a week’s allowance, there was a huge line to get on the machine, you got cheered if you could do Sub Zero’s... and jeered and heckled if you whiffed any of them).

Kind cows

Kano main. Still a scrub
So I got suspended on my Xbox today because I called someone fucking trash last night. A cetrion who spammed earthquake and the exploding Boulder literally nothing else.tf is that shit. Online gaming was built on trash talk.

Spektor

Noob
Haha. I play with volume all the way down and dont use mic or answer messages. I basically pretend I'm fighting the AI. I never even know if people are trash talking me.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Yeay glad they added both baraka things to daily challenges, dont have to wait for season to end to get them now or grind out wifi monsters to get to certain rank, awesome

I don't think you guys get it. You're not supposed to "grind" for the skins. You are supossed to be rewarded for something you'd do anyway. If you don't want to play, don't. Your time is worth a lot more than a shade on a fictional character.
in the grand scheme of things you're still "grinding" for skins. rewarded for something i'd do? what if that something i'd do is losing? can't get that nice demi god skin because I'm trash bros. gotta grind. i hear a lot of, "well can't get this skin because it's all the way in demi god."

in the grand scheme of things you're still "grinding" for skins. rewarded for something i'd do? what if that something i'd do is losing? can't get that nice demi god skin because I'm trash bros. gotta grind. i hear a lot of, "well can't get this skin because it's all the way in demi god."
Yeh, but that's kinda the point of something being exclusive. Not everyone manages to get everything. If you are not good enough to even reach demigod, you lose a skin. Don't spill the milk over it. I swear to god, life is full of spoiled brats who think they have the "right" to get everything.

MKF30

Just want to point out those of us who have issues with KL has nothing to do with "shade on a fictional character" but us calling out NRS for a flawed KL reward system.

Yeah, you had to start moving to the exact frame screen position on the ‘F’ of FINISH HIM, and you had enough time for one careful attempt or two super fast try and adjusts lol

I still remember the sinking feeling of that musical note that plays when you whiff and miss what might be your only shot that day (one credit was half a week’s allowance, there was a huge line to get on the machine, you got cheered if you could do Sub Zero’s... and jeered and heckled if you whiffed any of them).
Yep exactly like that music makes you nervous to finish him

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Just want to point out those of us who have issues with KL has nothing to do with "shade on a fictional character" but us calling out NRS for a flawed KL reward system.
I'm down with there being this reward system for KL because a bit of exclusivity adds some value to the cosmetics. I also like the ranking system for unlocking more items alongside the basic quests.

I do feel, however, that all of the above means very little when KL is inherently flawed in so many ridiculous ways. Shit encourages ignoring the league until everyone else has put in a ton of work to rank up with garbage point values of 10, 20, 25, or 50 while you get 100 or 150 points for beating them (and they lose 100). There NEEDS to be some sort of system in place that keeps people at lower ranks from cannibalizing high rank players' points at such an insane amount.

MKF30

I'm down with there being this reward system for KL because a bit of exclusivity adds some value to the cosmetics. I also like the ranking system for unlocking more items alongside the basic quests.

I do feel, however, that all of the above means very little when KL is inherently flawed in so many ridiculous ways. Shit encourages ignoring the league until everyone else has put in a ton of work to rank up with garbage point values of 10, 20, 25, or 50 while you get 100 or 150 points for beating them (and they lose 100). There NEEDS to be some sort of system in place that keeps people at lower ranks from cannibalizing high rank players' points at such an insane amount.
That too is why I have issues with it, the bad ranking system itself as some others have brought up when you're about to rank up to the next level it tends to match you up with players with high risk, low reward points wise and then likes to match you up with someone a few levels higher than you where they're like "oh win this and get 150 points, lose 50 though vs. someone you probably won't beat most of the time. I also hate and this has happened to me a few times including today, where it disconnects the players or freezes flat out, and then you go back to the ranking search screen and you lost points and rank. To me that's the biggest load of bs. The system desyncs me or I get disconnected due to a bad connection and I lose points? lol. Besides your examples of course lol.

The reward thing, I'd be fine with it if the game allowed the player to unlock such via other methods. They want to do even say a Gauntlet 2 for KL skins, gear etc I'd be down with that because that shit was hard af lol. I did the gauntlet but I bet you most players haven't or don't want to be bothered with that, it's very grindy but instead of facing human bs online, you're dealing with A.I. bs lol. I'm glad I legit got LK's Thunder Fire God skin from that mode but it was not worth it imo, they should have given us like 10+ skins not just a few. You have to use the right konsumables and assists otherwise you'll be there all day.

Yeh, but that's kinda the point of something being exclusive. Not everyone manages to get everything. If you are not good enough to even reach demigod, you lose a skin. Don't spill the milk over it. I swear to god, life is full of spoiled brats who think they have the "right" to get everything.
I mean i don't have this problem because I can make it demi God every time. I'm saying there is a grind and don't pretend there isn't

Gaxkang

Banned
That is the most annoying thing, happened to me a lot at the end of last season right as I was about to hit demi god. I play 4 or 5 matches and win, then it's all undone with 1 loss to someone who just started playing the season.

This season I won a game and got like 10 points, and the loser got 15. More points than me for losing.

The point system needs a tweak.
Yeah NRS seems to think fighting a lower ranked opponent means you're gonna steamroll them. But the truth is people still go thru a lot of nonsense with a lower ranked opponent, a lot of effort...but if they win they get minimal points but if they lose they lose a chunk of points.

And yeah it's even worse if people get up into the upper levels of rank.