What's new

Kombat League is now unplayable

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
The more I think about this the more I wonder which bonehead at NRS let this shit go? lol I mean how hard is it to put a damn timer on ALL options? You have 30 seconds to pick one option, period. If the person goes to FM, and sit there they lose the set. Simple. They go to rematch, it rematches. Simple. Select character. Select Screen countdown, simple. I'm pretty sure most of us who aren't professional game developers, programmers etc would even think of this. Common sense.

I wonder if they'll prolong the season because of this.
You mean prolong the agony? No, they should just kill this mode all together and give us the outfits in Krypt. Better idea and less stressful :D

rainuS

Prince of Edenia
currently im streaming on Twitch like DrunkGiraffe666 is glitching on xbox come and watch its fun!!!

trufenix

bye felicia
Like that seems like programming 101 -
If counter == 0:
Select option

DONE
It's definitely not a hard fix, they know what they did. But even simple fixes take time, and WB doesn't greenlight overtime for rage quits and this was a 4 day holiday weekend in the states.

with two major tournaments.

It's gonna take some time.

They’ll fix it. Y’all need not worry.

Haven’t had that happen to me at all and I’m on the 4th rank now. So it doesn’t seem like it’s super wide spread yet, but @Evil Canadian posted a fix on Twitter so for now, there’s that.
"Game breaking bug that is unacceptable will be fixed so don't worry"

The fact that this is in the game in the first place is ridiculous. Sure it will be fixed but NRS's complete incompetence is what worries me.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
"Game breaking bug that is unacceptable will be fixed so don't worry"

The fact that this is in the game in the first place is ridiculous. Sure it will be fixed but NRS's complete incompetence is what worries me.
How were they supposed to know? I mean no one wakes up one morning and thinks, yeah let's put our cursor on forfeit and see if it stalls forever at exactly 2 minutes. This bug has been in there since the game came out, people just figured that out NOW. Why didn't we find it day 1? Probably the same reason NRS didn't know about it either.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
There’s a way around it apparently, at least on PS4:

ItsYaBoi

Noob
They're just a waste of time. Like I said, report them, and then move with your life.

It's not even funny to lag flipping, DDoSing and Forfeit exploiting, and any underhanded tactics, and then insult/mock the other. What they do ruin the fun everyone has.
I mean, use another term apart from ‘[ban incoming]s’. That shit is offensive.

Otherwise, I agree. They’re certainly desperate little shits.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
How were they supposed to know? I mean no one wakes up one morning and thinks, yeah let's put our cursor on forfeit and see if it stalls forever at exactly 2 minutes. This bug has been in there since the game came out, people just figured that out NOW. Why didn't we find it day 1? Probably the same reason NRS didn't know about it either.
As a QA tester myself - this is on them. You have basic menu checks to look at either for scripts or core passes.

We don’t know if this was there from day one. Nobody has tested a previous version specifically to check this as far as I’m aware. Once again, in my professional experience things can randomly break from a completely different area of the game being touched. Feel free to correct me with proof of it being in there since day one - I’ve not kept on top of this issue.

But regardless, how this went over QA’s head is shocking.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
As a QA tester myself - this is on them. You have basic menu checks to look at either for scripts or core passes.

We don’t know if this was there from day one. Nobody has tested a previous version specifically to check this as far as I’m aware. Once again, in my professional experience things can randomly break from a completely different area of the game being touched. Feel free to correct me with proof of it being in there since day one - I’ve not kept on top of this issue.

But regardless, how this went over QA’s head is shocking.
How do we expect them to find it easily when it took us like 4 months? Like I know it's their job but some things are just so ridiculous that no one thinks to check them until someone finds it. We can't expect them to not make a mistake ever that's not realistic. And there's already a way to 'fix' it so I mean if people are staying on that screen they didn't do 2 sec of research. That's on them too.

I mean, there was only one perfect human on this planet and they crucified him so take that as you will.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
How do we expect them to find it easily when it took us like 4 months? Like I know it's their job but some things are just so ridiculous that no one thinks to check them until someone finds it. We can't expect them to not make a mistake ever that's not realistic. And there's already a way to 'fix' it so I mean if people are staying on that screen they didn't do 2 sec of research. That's on them too.

I mean, there was only one perfect human on this planet and they crucified him so take that as you will.
As I said, this bug may have accidentally been introduced in a recent update. I’ve worked QA for two years and things randomly break from completelyyyyy unrelated areas being touched. Shit happens.

But, they would have a checklist to look through as QA. This can be called a variety of things - core pass, test sheets etc. There will be a sector referring to menu functionality. If their senior or lead is competent, there’d be a check to do with soak testing key menu options (leaving it on that option for an obscene amount of time) to see what happens. Evidently this wasn’t the case. It wouldn’t need doing every day, that’s ridiculous, but once every few weeks/per month.

Do bugs still slip through the net? Of course, and shit like that happens at every company. I’m not going to crucify them for it.

However, to completely absolve them of blame and be like ‘who’d think to check that?’ is odd, especially when they have plenty of paid QA professionals working there to rinse the game and its many areas daily.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
As I said, this bug may have accidentally been introduced in a recent update. I’ve worked QA for two years and things randomly break from completelyyyyy unrelated areas being touched. Shit happens.

But, they would have a checklist to look through as QA. This can be called a variety of things - core pass, test sheets etc. There will be a sector referring to menu functionality. If their senior or lead is competent, there’d be a check to do with soak testing key menu options (leaving it on that option for an obscene amount of time) to see what happens. Evidently this wasn’t the case. It wouldn’t need doing every day, that’s ridiculous, but once every few weeks/per month.

Do bugs still slip through the net? Of course, and shit like that happens at every company. I’m not going to crucify them for it.

However, to completely absolve them of blame and be like ‘who’d think to check that?’ is odd, especially when they have plenty of paid QA professionals working there to rinse the game and its many areas daily.
Who's to say they didn't do those things and it still slipped through? Not to mention that because they were flammed for long work hours and crunch time, their work hours were probably cut so I mean they'd have to do the same work with less time.

People bitch about crunch but it's needed and everyone goes through it. There are limits of course I mean you can't make people work like racehorses and then wonder why they're all having mental breakdowns, but there is a clear balance in that industry that isn't there, unfortunately.

I think it's far more likely that this is the culprit and not incompetence.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
Been getting my 5 per day in and this has not happened on XBL. If it does, I'm just letting them get the win. Not worth the mental effort lol

trufenix

bye felicia
This isn't a QA issue though, its barely a bug. Its an exploit, or at best, an oversight. The designers probably even know this is the behavior, they just didn't know people were going to turn it into an online grief.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Metroid, to be fair dude. Most consumers who bought MK 11 either don't care about offline, don't have the time due to their busy lives to for offline travel and majority who play this game are not offline tournament players. NRS and WB has made most of their money from online players at the end of the day, most people don't have the time, money to waste like the same guys we see at every major, just saying.

Thanks for the update, really happy NRS is taking this super serious and not wasting time. I've been playing KL a lot less since this glitch was exposed and already had a few people try this shit on me. One it disconnected on it's own , the other the guy thankfully quit on me within 10-15 mins. I told him I had off the next few days and could do this all day. lol

It's definitely not a hard fix, they know what they did. But even simple fixes take time, and WB doesn't greenlight overtime for rage quits and this was a 4 day holiday weekend in the states.

with two major tournaments.

It's gonna take some time.
It's not that they should be able to put this fix in immediately because yeah, you gotta test, get approval, downtime, weekends, etc.

My point is more, how did they miss covering something this simple during development

trufenix

bye felicia
It's not that they should be able to put this fix in immediately because yeah, you gotta test, get approval, downtime, weekends, etc.

My point is more, how did they miss covering something this simple during development
well, its been discussed but the bottom line is human error, and yeah, it sucks ballsack but try to imagine the QA order that owuld've caught this.

Match making? Works
Online Fighting? Works
Rematch? Works
Character select? Works
2/3 Set play? Works
Post match timeout? Works
Forfeit button? Works
Confirm button? Works
Cancel button? Works

But what if you do half of it, cancel it, then wait FOREVER cause you're a giant d-bag? Cause lets face it, short of a post match controller toss, no one else would ever deliberately do this.

Hell, patient zero could be some dick AT NRS who kept it to himself for this very purpose. NRS is people, not robots. And some people suck.