What's new

Kombat League is now unplayable

Matix218

Get over here!
Forfeit glitch/exploit aside, what blows my mind is this: People care so much about meaningless online win/loss stats that they are willing to literally cheat and potentially wait 26+ hours to get one fraudulent win. What is the point? I could have never played or learned the game, use this glitch to potenially have an undefeated record in KL, and then what? Brag to your friends about it? You couldnt brag too hard because if you actually had a friend say "thats awesome man, let me see you wreck some people online" you would look pretty dumb when they realize you actually suck and cannot get 1 legitimate win... At what point did absolutely meaningless wins and losses online become something that people care enough about enough to use cheats to inflate? I truly do not understand it. I would rather work to become good at something rather than be awful at something but have someone "think" I am good at it. But that's just me I guess.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Forfeit glitch/exploit aside, what blows my mind is this: People care so much about meaningless online win/loss stats that they are willing to literally cheat and potentially wait 26+ hours to get one fraudulent win. What is the point? I could have never played or learned the game, use this glitch to potenially have an undefeated record in KL, and then what? Brag to your friends about it? You couldnt brag too hard because if you actually had a friend say "thats awesome man, let me see you wreck some people online" you would look pretty dumb when they realize you actually suck and cannot get 1 legitimate win... At what point did absolutely meaningless wins and losses online become something that people care enough about enough to use cheats to inflate? I truly do not understand it. I would rather work to become good at something rather than be awful at something but have someone "think" I am good at it. But that's just me I guess.
At some point a little number means more to people than the actual game.

I thought about this yesterday when somebody made a status saying that they couldn't level up because the bug was preventing them from playing Kombat League. I mean, a rating classification is a few hundred points, and you're actually scared to get better at the game because somebody might take like 25-30 points from you with the glitch.

Like yeah, it's annoying -- but if you're obsessed with a few rating points instead of focused on learning and getting better, you're missing the entire point. And you're going to decay anyway while you're not playing.

Personally though, people like this don't bother me. Have your fun while the bug lasts, but I play KL to learn and improve, and I'll still be doing that when this little exploit is long gone.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
yep, because in the internet online reality, a lot of people just suck major ass in real life , being coward losers and weak pathetic insecure assholes that put all their little faith and minor self confidence in a online ranking game .... they think that being in top position in games, automatically means that they are someone relevant in the life, lol ! easy when you are protected by anonymity, right ?

when in reality, this just show how stupid dumbass human mankind is turning up in those days .... having to rely in fake records in online games leardboards positions, to feel good and think they are something important in life and in society , oh my ! :p

that's why offline scene and majors tournaments as combo breaker, ceo , evo, etc will always be the real deal and good stuff, and online records , only ilusory stuff, forever

let online scene be the home for the scrubs, salty dickweeds, hackers and fucking losers, ..... and the offline scene, be the real challenge test and measure of real skill for the pros and serious competitores, hehe :D

Matix218

Get over here!
yep, because in the internet online reality, a lot of people just suck major ass in real life , being coward losers and weak pathetic insecure assholes that put all their little faith and minor self confidence in a online ranking game .... they think that being in top position in games, automatically means that they are someone relevant in the life, lol ! easy when you are protected by anonymity, right ?

when in reality, this just show how stupid dumbass human mankind is turning up in those days .... having to rely in fake records in online games leardboards positions, to feel good and think they are something important in life and in society , oh my ! :p

that's why offline scene and majors tournaments as combo breaker, ceo , evo, etc will always be the real deal and good stuff, and online records , only ilusory stuff, forever

let online scene be the home for the scrubs, salty dickweeds, hackers and fucking losers, ..... and the offline scene, be the real challenge test and measure of real skill for the pros and serious competitores, hehe :D
I find it most sad that these people actually do enough "mental gymnastics" to convince THEMSELVES that the record shown on their account, even if it was obtained by cheating, actually means they are good players. It's not like these people don't know the reality that they are frauds, but in this "hide behind your keyboard e-thug" era these people have actually convinced their own minds that the number next to their gamer tag trumps being legitimately good at the game. Mindblowing...

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
I find it most sad that these people actually do enough "mental gymnastics" to convince THEMSELVES that the record shown on their account, even if it was obtained by cheating, actually means they are good players. It's not like these people don't know the reality that they are frauds, but in this "hide behind your keyboard e-thug" era these people have actually convinced their own minds that the number next to their gamer tag trumps being legitimately good at the game. Mindblowing...
yep, is a pure ego thing related ... kinda "all right, I am a failure in life, but, if I'm on top 10 of MK11 leaderboards, no matter what I do to get there, I'm ok with myself, despite me being a major epic fail in all others aspects of life; and now I can brag off being that good player to my stupid brainless fake friends on Facebook.... maybe I even can get laid with that mediocre neighbor retard chick after I show her my false online record in MK11, isn't that great and fun ? " :confused:

lol ! :p

rainuS

Prince of Edenia
another glitcher on xbox NRSDQ18 im streaming this right now,
why NRS cant hotfix this shit its so frustrating

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
another glitcher on xbox NRSDQ18 im streaming this right now,
why NRS cant hotfix this shit its so frustrating
I saw a video of that same guy doing it yesterday. Recorder was pissed, and seemingly didn’t know about the exploit yet.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
This isn't a QA issue though, its barely a bug. Its an exploit, or at best, an oversight. The designers probably even know this is the behavior, they just didn't know people were going to turn it into an online grief.
QA covers all of those things. We check for bugs, exploits and anything that can cause any fuckery.

This is still something QA SHOULD have picked up on. But, everybody makes mistakes.

I just don’t think NRS should be absolved of all blame like people are saying, when they literally pay people to check this shit. Sure, they made a mistake, but it’s also a mistake THEY didn’t catch.

Shit happens. They should own it, and fix it. Not bury their head in the sand. Own up to your mistakes. Say ‘we fucked up’. It isn’t hard...

Like that seems like programming 101 -
If counter == 0:
Select option

DONE
That is definitely coded but they added the confirm feature later on. The code block was likely written by a different person so it ended up erroneously outside of the original logic.

Not that it’s excusable but easy mistake to make (that’s why you test stuff...)

run into 2 losers who have been doing this, the one persons name was jffex or sth like that, he was actually a good player, beat my subzero 2-0
and the next time I ran into him I picked cassie and beat his kabal on the first game, he stalled. at that moment I didnt even know it was him cheating and I thought we both got stucked so I did quit.

now I know this jffex kabal guy is a friggin loser, get a life kid

Unfortunately it makes the game unplayable on Steam. The last 3 times I won the first game in a set, my opponent went to Forfeit and abuse the glitch. Only my losses counted so there's no point to play KL right now. The first one was named Rousex, he gave up after an hour but he had no decency to leave, he broke connection or I don't know WTF he did but I got no points. The second was ilana.kytina or something like that with a Kronika profile pic with a 28/0 ratio. When I beat him (her?) easily I was sure it would be Forfeit glitch and it was. Third one was last night, I don't recall the name but it was a Sonya player. Match went into third round, I was struggling but managed to get the upper hand and at 10% health he let it go and gave me a free hit to the win. I had no illusions what was coming but he lingered on next match for a few seconds before went to Forfeit. He left in 20 minutes finally but I still didn't get a single point for it and not even counted as a win. I don't t-bag, I don't insult others on a mic, I don't do fatals lately, I go for a Brutality whenever I can to finish quick if possible but I'm starting to lose patience.

I don't know what gave anyone the impression that it'll be fixed with server maintenance. It usally requires a patch or at least a hotfix to do it. Since there was no update on either platforms I had no illusions but I'm utterly disappointed by how NRS handles this. We had no official word about the issue for days and when they finally addressed the glitch they made it worse. Since then every sore loser does this to me on PC whereas I had 0 glitchers before. If they decided to wait for days they should have waited until they have a fix ready.

I'm not at home in programming so I don't have any ideas how hard to fix this but that's exactly why I hate what they did to Ranked with KL. When we're in season everyone goes into overdrive about points, losses and whatnot. FT2 sets should be allowed simoulteneously. Actually, I enjoyed FT3 Ranked the most but why should NRS care about that? They forced their stupid FT2 on us, then we have no choice but play KL if we don't want to wait forever in Kasual.

Dear NRS! Give us options, give us a choice! Bring FT3 back, let us do regular Ranked if we don't want to grind for shit in KL! Then IDGAF if a petty loser decide to pleasure him/herself with a 28/0 ratio without being able to win a single set.

Last edited:
MK 11 KL on PC is unplayable. There is so many cheaters and glitchers. Also I'm in Europe and I must play against players from Africa, Asia, USA. Game has over 180 ping and I must deal with this.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I personally have lots of pride in MK, it's one of the few things in the world I'm really good at(though MK 11 I'm slightly above average atm anyway) but for someone to care THAT much over an online win to sit there for hours to a day is just pathetic and sad. That's like the epitome of insecure loser lol. I've had bad days when I struggled against players in my rank category and I've had good days when I've beaten Gods and Elder Gods rank(two rank levels I've yet to get to) but yeah I mean I've noticed and realized no matter what the game or system, there's always some asshole out there with no life that will always exploit and abuse the ways of cheating, ranking up, dodging loses whatever. Honestly, as long as online is flawed (which is still is with games and most likely will always be) until perfected this sadly will always happen but the Forfeit glitch I still feel there's no excuse for something so simple. It doesn't take rocket science to say "hmm maybe we should put a timer down on this screen so no matter where the cursor is, that's the one it picks automatically."

QA covers all of those things. We check for bugs, exploits and anything that can cause any fuckery.

This is still something QA SHOULD have picked up on. But, everybody makes mistakes.

I just don’t think NRS should be absolved of all blame like people are saying, when they literally pay people to check this shit. Sure, they made a mistake, but it’s also a mistake THEY didn’t catch.

Shit happens. They should own it, and fix it. Not bury their head in the sand. Own up to your mistakes. Say ‘we fucked up’. It isn’t hard...
Exactly, people make mistakes I get that(as dumb as this glitch is) but what bothers me NOW is they still haven't fixed it yet had an update since then. They definitely know about it, they said nothing about it on the Kombat Kast yesterday leaves me to believe one of two things. A. They don't know how to fix it atm which is scary if true. B. They simply don't give a shit.

This has happened to me at least 3 times. I thought it was my internet shitting out but after hearing the similarities it's way too much of a coincidence. I know they can't prepare or expect stuff like this to happen, but shit like this makes me not wanna touch ranked

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind

This has happened to me at least 3 times. I thought it was my internet shitting out but after hearing the similarities it's way too much of a coincidence. I know they can't prepare or expect stuff like this to happen, but shit like this makes me not wanna touch ranked
The first to get DDoSed was Kitana Prime. I heard similar cases from a few others that a certain asshole attacked.