What's new

Video/Tutorial - TriBorg Kombat Kast: The Cyber Initiative - Cyber Sub-Zero Konfirmed

From what I've seen so far I'm not maining Cyrax, bombs aren't unblockable and I think Sektor and Cyber Smoke looked better and they both have specials with faster startup. I guess It's too early to tell but judging from the video I don't like Cyrax bomb start up that aren't unblockable given the fact Sektor has a great Anti Air that's plus on block? Breh it didn't look like Cyrax had anything as good as that.

From what I've seen so far I'm not maining Cyrax, bombs aren't unblockable and I think Sektor and Cyber Smoke looked better and they both have specials with faster startup. I guess It's too early to tell but judging from the video I don't like Cyrax bomb start up that aren't unblockable given the fact Sektor has a great Anti Air that's plus on block? Breh it didn't look like Cyrax had anything as good as that.
If Cyrax still had unblockable ground bombs, on top of its new air bombs that would put him in a all new category of crazy.

BTW if they're going to add Cyber Sub then it's only fair to have get human Cyrax as a new skin :), I'm excited regardless I'll try to put as much time as possible into mastering this character.

If Cyrax still had unblockable ground bombs, on top of its new air bombs that would put him in a all new category of crazy.
Sektor is a zoner and he looked way better than Cyrax even at rushdown, Cyborg Smoke has a restand with fast start up that's as plus as Scorpion spear, enough said. I said it's too early to tell anyways, we don't know who is Triborg best variation but he's definitely going to be my main character. This is what I'm judging from the video ;)

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
Smoke seems to fit my playstyle. 50-50s and mix ups. Also cyrax looks so dirty at first glance. Cant wait. #smoke420blazeit

Sami

Noob

If you don't understand why NRS made the bombs blockable, I honestly don't know what to tell you.
The guaranteed unblockable standing resets may have gone (did we see what double net in one combo does?) but he has unblockable anti-wake-up setups instead*. Knockdown, low bomb + overhead = unblockable (overhead/low) along with busting all single-hit armour. The usefulness of this will depend on whether or not he can combo from his overheads...

edit: it will be interesting to see if he can incorporate this into the MB throw standing resets to negate things like delayed wake-up.

* Yes I'm aware I'm basing this on a quick demo from the Kombat Kast.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Man I love TYM

People crying Because of Cyrax's bombs not being unblockable are the best

I never seen Jax Players complain about not having 100% corner reset and they complain a lot :p

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
The guaranteed unblockable standing resets may have gone (did we see what double net in one combo does?) but he has unblockable anti-wake-up setups instead*. Knockdown, low bomb + overhead = unblockable (overhead/low) along with busting all single-hit armour. The usefulness of this will depend on whether or not he can combo from his overheads...

edit: it will be interesting to see if he can incorporate this into the MB throw standing resets to negate things like delayed wake-up.

* Yes I'm aware I'm basing this on a quick demo from the Kombat Kast.
yeah but we do not know for sure, if the OH+LOW is unblockable yet!

they may have set it the same way as predator's hunter trap +OH ... blocking one may block the other/cancel the other out, if they are at the same time.

but its not unheard of, Quan chi, and Tekada have pseudo unblockables like that.

but i doubt Cyrax's is like Tekada's where u can make it Low,OH,Low,Low, - Or- Oh,low,low,low, - or- low, low, oh, low......

may just be as simple as Block low then oh or vice versa

for the double net, he has so much scaliong he is not getting over 40%, seems like the dopuble did 33% to 37% depending on what we can grind out of it.

untill they sit in the lab for a bit and figure out whats safe and not;)

ive been wandering about Smokes Vanish pressure.. since he loses half a bar of stamina, he can use it twice for a cancel pressure type move assuming its plus, and then u can EX it for no stamina drain... i am hyped for Smoke.

his restands, but mostly his normals that throw the smoke bomb down.. might add that mixup pressure, seems like it might make it hard for oppoinent to guess what is coming, LOW? OH? otherside? vanish pressure? throw?

yep Smoke is my main, then Cyrax, not that Sektor didnt look absoultely cool, with that Plus on Block EXflame. and the fact that i never liked CSZ in MK9 im going with SMOKE and CYRAX for sure.

but i do hope they make Subs Bombs useful if he has them. and his freeze work in many normal juggles.
Come on we both know that is not how most people on this site view a strong character I applaud you for being that way though im even the same way but everytime a new char comes out within 10 secs of finding 1 thing they make a thread like is "xyz" too good I can already hear the complaints about sektor "he zones me all game then by the time I get close he has enough meter for ex flame into combo and sends me back full screen nerf the tracking in up rockets grr!!!"

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Come on we both know that is not how most people on this site view a strong character I applaud you for being that way though im even the same way but everytime a new char comes out within 10 secs of finding 1 thing they make a thread like is "xyz" too good I can already hear the complaints about sektor "he zones me all game then by the time I get close he has enough meter for ex flame into combo and sends me back full screen nerf the tracking in up rockets grr!!!"
i here ya, i wish they would give characters a chance...

from what i seen, they have normalized Cyrax.

who knows though.. for all we know he may have some sick high damage combos that might need scaling.... reguardless im hype for tribot... wish they would have shown more gameplay of Smoke, at least some good combos and a few options for pressure. they should have handed the controller over to K&M and they could have Smoke vs Smoke or Smoke vs CSZ

i here ya, i wish they would give characters a chance...

from what i seen, they have normalized Cyrax.

who knows though.. for all we know he may have some sick high damage combos that might need scaling.... reguardless im hype for tribot... wish they would have shown more gameplay of Smoke, at least some good combos and a few options for pressure. they should have handed the controller over to K&M and they could have Smoke vs Smoke or Smoke vs CSZ
Well I think the whole purpose of showing Cyber sub was for a cliff hanger