What's new

KOF XIII

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
For those who play kof on ps3, how hard are the executions on a ps3 pad?? Like can most of the basic stuff be done easily on it? or should i go with a arcade stick?
It can be done, I mean, yeah this game is not easy to master, but the inputs themselves aren't hard. No "360" motions.

Its those flashy 100% "broken" combos that are really really difficult to pull off.

The timing is somewhat strict. But I've been playing KoF for years so....yeah.

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
I might be dropping MK for this.
I'm a long-time MK die-hard fan, but as a fighting game MK9 can be just disappointing at times. I'm not a fighting games guy(FPS guy here), so when things like input bug, excessive patching or other silly stuff imo(3D models on 2D fighting, launchers being safe on block...huh) happen, then I'm better off playing a better made fighting game (talking about mechanics) or another kind of game (Broodwar or MW3).

This game looks really consistent with very well done mechanics and the trials are really challenging. Hitbox seems like a long-term reward rather than a "pickup&play" peripheral.

lazybird123

Purple Belt in BJJ, White Belt in MK
Whats up? I noticed some people from the So Cal MK community play this as well. I just got it yesterday and I'm having some problems as I've never played any KOF games before. ِAre there any tips you guys can recommend on execution?

Whats up? I noticed some people from the So Cal MK community play this as well. I just got it yesterday and I'm having some problems as I've never played any KOF games before. ِAre there any tips you guys can recommend on execution?
Honestly just practice practice practice. You can practice doing the motions slow at first cause KoF allows you to input directions fairly slow.

I'm still having trouble with them trials, has anyonee here managed to complete all 10 with even one character? they are much harder than I expected.

lazybird123

Purple Belt in BJJ, White Belt in MK
I'm still having trouble with them trials, has anyonee here managed to complete all 10 with even one character? they are much harder than I expected.
I honestly can't get past 2 or 3 on any of them, but yesterday I couldn't get past one, so I guess that's progress :D

The timing is much stricter than SFIV and a lot of the shortcuts don't seem to be available (on my Hitbox, I can hold down and tap forward twice or hold forward and press down twice for a Shoryuken motion on SFIV for example),yet in this game, I have to do the whole motion which isn't guaranteed on the Hitbox.

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
I honestly can't get past 2 or 3 on any of them, but yesterday I couldn't get past one, so I guess that's progress :D

The timing is much stricter than SFIV and a lot of the shortcuts don't seem to be available (on my Hitbox, I can hold down and tap forward twice or hold forward and press down twice for a Shoryuken motion on SFIV for example),yet in this game, I have to do the whole motion which isn't guaranteed on the Hitbox.
I believe you can just tap it really quick and it'll register sometimes. Not sure, though, gonna test it as soon as I rebuild my hb's case.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I've done 10 with Vice, but I haven't really tried with anyone else yet.

I usually just get to the HD ones and switch to another character because I'm too lazy to do them, even though I probably can.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos

I usually just get to the HD ones and switch to another character because I'm too lazy to do them, even though I probably can.
I did Mature's trials. Trial mode is good for getting ideas on how to make combos of your own. But I spend all my time trying to unlock more colors for all my characters.

haha yeh I know what u mean, they dun allow u much room for error, otherwise the move wouldnt come out ^^
and 2-3 is still good, as ur're still getting the feel of the game..

hey thanks for the motivation, reading ur msg made me retry vice, and I managed to do 10 with her as well ^^ but I had to cheat a little on one of the trials. and I found trials 8-9 to be harder than 10 ^^

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
Mr. Karate is siiiiiiiiiiiick. He's got a 1 bar HD combo that does around 80%. I like that lol.
i downloaded him but havent tried him yet,i havent played the game alot since i got it for christmas,i cant be arsed to put the time in atm.i definetly want to get decent at this game because despite its faults online its a damn good fighter.still loving mk9 way too much atm though so kof 13 is on the back burner for awhile.

i read on dream cancel somewhere that for drive cancels you can hold the button input of the cancelled into move early but its not working for me. so how do you guys execute drive cancels?

Depends on the Drive Cancel. Some have short cuts. Here is a list compiled by Kane317 listing them. Maybe they will help you out.

ALSO Laban posted another great tutorial for KoF. This one covering Alternate Guard.

Nathan Frost

Cybernetic Pyro Maniac
So anyone still playing? I just picked it up today and I need someone to destroy me so I can see how too really play the game =) my PSN is naterav I'm looking forward to sparring with you guys.

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
I have no idea how to play this game. I downloaded the demo a long while ago, but all I did was button mash...and somehow won against the AI doing that.