What's new

KOF XIII

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
hmm so what are the major differences from XII to XIII, cos when I watch the vids, its looks and moves pretty much like XII..
There is so much...let me tell you the main ones...
-Special moves have a "normal" or "stronger" version. The stronger versions are called EX Special Move and EX Super Special Move respectively. EX attacks can perform tasks such as adding an extra frame of invincibility, boosting the normal attack speed, adding more hits, and other factors to a character's techniques. The use of EX techniques results in a partial drain of the power gauge (1 bar).
-A feature called the "HD Cancel" allows players to cancel their character's moves to their whim. The ability to do so relies on the "Hyper Drive Gauge" that's above the power gauge, gradually draining it as the players cancel their moves
-"Hyper Drive Mode" is a tricky feature that can only be done once the Hyper Drive Gauge is at maximum. It's possible for players to perform an unlimited amount of Drive Cancels at the precise moment the gauge is filled. Although the effect is short and temporary, the feature allows otherwise unlinkable techniques to be used in one combo. Drive and Hyper Drive Mode are both callbacks to the systems introduced in The King of Fighters 2002, such as the Free Cancel.
-Three levels of supers DM(1bar) EXDM(2bar) NEOMAX(Full HD 3 bars outside of HD mode, 2 when HD mode activated).
-Gameplay speed greatly increased
-Zoom effect only during certain properly connected DMs/EXDMs/NEOMAXES
-Clash system and critical counter system removed.
TEAMS GET THEIR OWN THEMES AGAIN
VERY EPIC BOSS FIGHTS (even though their designs are not the best around)
COLOR EDIT MODE!
TRIAL MODE!
A SOMEWHAT DECENT NETCODE!
STORY MODE!

-Special moves have a "normal" or "stronger" version. The stronger versions are called EX Special Move and EX Super Special Move respectively. EX attacks can perform tasks such as adding an extra frame of invincibility, boosting the normal attack speed, adding more hits, and other factors to a character's techniques. The use of EX techniques results in a partial drain of the power gauge (1 bar).
-A feature called the "HD Cancel" allows players to cancel their character's moves to their whim. The ability to do so relies on the "Hyper Drive Gauge" that's above the power gauge, gradually draining it as the players cancel their moves
-"Hyper Drive Mode" is a tricky feature that can only be done once the Hyper Drive Gauge is at maximum. It's possible for players to perform an unlimited amount of Drive Cancels at the precise moment the gauge is filled. Although the effect is short and temporary, the feature allows otherwise unlinkable techniques to be used in one combo. Drive and Hyper Drive Mode are both callbacks to the systems introduced in The King of Fighters 2002, such as the Free Cancel.
-Three levels of supers DM(1bar) EXDM(2bar) NEOMAX(Full HD 3 bars outside of HD mode, 2 when HD mode activated).
COLOR EDIT MODE!
TRIAL MODE!
STORY MODE!
decent netcode? I heard the netcode is nothing but bad

COLOR EDIT MODE!
TRIAL MODE!
STORY MODE!
wow sounds like a lot to learn, kof getting very technical, but sounds interesting, I gonna keep my eye out for it..
i just watched some kombo vids on utube, the game looks broken as hell..
u can pull of 20 hitters with kyo and 40+ hits with Takuma..
Is it possible to air escape like in Alpha 3? or once they start a crazy kombo I have to wait till 80% of my life is gone..

GuamoKun

wow sounds like a lot to learn, kof getting very technical, but sounds interesting, I gonna keep my eye out for it..
i just watched some kombo vids on utube, the game looks broken as hell..
u can pull of 20 hitters with kyo and 40+ hits with Takuma..
Is it possible to air escape like in Alpha 3? or once they start a crazy kombo I have to wait till 80% of my life is gone..
No air escape no breakers.

This game is not broken. Youll probably spend the whole match getting the meter for a combo like that, and probably hours in practice trying to get the actual timing down.

No air escape no breakers.

This game is not broken. Youll probably spend the whole match getting the meter for a combo like that, and probably hours in practice trying to get the actual timing down.
The vid I saw was kombos done in a actual tournament, Raiden in particarlar looks really cheap..
but hey its cool, I mean one of my faves was kof 97 and that was broken like crazy ^^

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
The vid I saw was kombos done in a actual tournament, Raiden in particarlar looks really cheap..
but hey its cool, I mean one of my faves was kof 97 and that was broken like crazy ^^
Raiden is insane in the Arcade version, but everyone got balanced for the console version, and it's looking like they balanced it extremely well.

GuamoKun

does it mean those crazy combos are gone, or the damage has been lessened?
He has been nerfed. There shouldnt be anymore "3 hit 99%" combos anymore.

A mixture of both, 100% combos are there but they are really hard to pull off. This KOF might be the most balanced one out there.

He has been nerfed. There shouldnt be anymore "3 hit 99%" combos anymore.

A mixture of both, 100% combos are there but they are really hard to pull off. This KOF might be the most balanced one out there.
there should be like a training mode, where they teach u combos and stuff like in MVC3, thats the mode that I really wanna try..

so u have the game? on what format do u have it on?

GuamoKun

there should be like a training mode, where they teach u combos and stuff like in MVC3, thats the mode that I really wanna try..

so u have the game? on what format do u have it on?
PS3. there is a trial mode. the combos go from EASY to horribly difficult

PS3. there is a trial mode. the combos go from EASY to horribly difficult
you need higher execution than SF4 (which isn't saying much pre 09 outside of links) and the raiden's drop kick was like a 16 sec charge with kick, so you lost a button for 16 seconds if you wanted that super OP combo. Also you couldn't do certain things since you have one of the buttons held down.

GuamoKun

you need higher execution than SF4 (which isn't saying much pre 09 outside of links) and the raiden's drop kick was like a 16 sec charge with kick, so you lost a button for 16 seconds if you wanted that super OP combo. Also you couldn't do certain things since you have one of the buttons held down.
I knew that...I didn't pick Raiden and haven't picked him ever. But try doing a lvl 8-10 trial combo in KOF XIII your first time around. Crazy stuff right there. But its a good tool to get some combo parts down.

Zebster

How's my volume?
Really, the later combos in the mission mode is there, not to teach you practical combos (though there are some), but to teach you what can actually cancel and combo into each other so that you can use that info to create some practical combos.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Just picked up this game and it is really fun! LOL although i can tell it is going to be really tough to master it feels easier to play on a stick than a pad imo is that how most of you guys feel?

i've just picked it up as well, but i use the sfvi pad, and i only been doing the trials, and bloody hell they are hard, i can only do 5/10 with kyo, 7/10 with kim and 7/10 with clark so far... ^^

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
i've just picked it up as well, but i use the sfvi pad, and i only been doing the trials, and bloody hell they are hard, i can only do 5/10 with kyo, 7/10 with kim and 7/10 with clark so far... ^^
Yeah this game seems to have very strict inputs for certain commands and cancels, I like that about this game though, because the combos in this game are ridiculous so I feel if you are able to pull off combos that can't be interrupted and are this big I feel they should at least be hard, lol.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Yeah this game seems to have very strict inputs for certain commands and cancels, I like that about this game though, because the combos in this game are ridiculous so I feel if you are able to pull off combos that can't be interrupted and are this big I feel they should at least be hard, lol.
lol welcome to kof :3

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
lol welcome to kof :3
haha I'm hype for this game man, I can wait to learn all the ins and outs of it. Do you guys no of any sites or references to check for info on this game. I saw shoryuken just put out a guide but idk if it is to be trusted.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
haha I'm hype for this game man, I can wait to learn all the ins and outs of it. Do you guys no of any sites or references to check for info on this game. I saw shoryuken just put out a guide but idk if it is to be trusted.
tbh idk. ive been trying to find a site but so far have been unsuccessful. MY team atm is king, kula, flame iori

Creepy00

Noob
For those who play kof on ps3, how hard are the executions on a ps3 pad?? Like can most of the basic stuff be done easily on it? or should i go with a arcade stick?