What's new

Strategy Knowing Your Arsenal - A Deathstroke Move Analysis and Discussion

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Juggle is a more accurate term I guess, since it's just about as much of a bounce as B1U2 is. When I hear bounce I think F3s or Lex Luthor's 112.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Going to be updating this thread again with a new move soon. Looks like the discussion is kinda dead lol.

132 string is next.

Amadeous

Noob
Is Machine gun good against super armor at least?

Fires more bullets than the handguns unless you spend meter, being a mid attack seems useful at times too.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.

Fires more bullets than the handguns unless you spend meter, being a mid attack seems useful at times too.
It could be in a sense, but you gotta take into accoutn various things. How much armor do they have? If it's MB 3 moves, then those only have a single hit of armor, pistols will take care of that anyways. If it's more than 1 hit, then you could possibly use MG, but you also have to consider reaction time. In the time that you see the armored move come out, will DS be able to draw his MG and fire it off in time? That things is mad slow.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Yes.

B1U2, D2, B3. Works at any range from the corner.
132, D2, B3. Must have the opponent cornered perfectly.

If you are willing to spend meter, theres a ton of ways to use the bounce cancel to get it.

I sorta wanna mention that a stage transition isn't always the best idea for DS though. His cornering game is really good. F3, F23, 32 xx Sword Spin is nice block pressure, and his hard knockdowns in combos can lead to some nasty crossup shenanigans with F3.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter

It's not really practical since you already have to be pulling out the Machine Gun before they initiate their super in most cases. It's just too damned slow.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
132 has been posted. Lemme know what you guys think. In a nutshell, fast, strong, great for punishes, but short range limits it to pretty much just that.

Redfield

Gangie
Not much to say about this move that hasn't already been said. The gun projectile hits mid and goes full screen, dishing out 5% (0.16% chip); not that it's in any way useful, especially since you can't special cancel past the first hit. Also don't forget to finish with 2 because 3 has nasty recovery on it.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Alright, well seems like we're done with 132 for now. Any more thoughts or comments before we carry onwards?

I'll update this thread again later today with probably J1 or J3. I'd rather stay away from special moves until the patch has settled in.

EDIT: I'm too pissed off at NRS right now to do a write up, not to mention there'll be little to no discussion going on with all the unnecessary nerfs. GG NRS, discussion delayed due to catastrophe.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
some things any ds players let me know what u think
combo into set up b1u2 f3 d2 f3 from here u can dash or jumpin also u can dash ji1 to cross up
b1u2 d2 f3 dash (dashes under the player ) from here u can low or overhead or mb to eat a wake up
b1u2 f3 323 12 machine gun 33% meterless midscreen
forget his shitty guns he has great mix ups

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
J1 updated in the first post. Let me know what you guys think, if you have any questions, or extra input in J1 you'd like to make.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Sword Spin is up. I kind of would like to hear what people think of it as a reversal move. It's pretty darn fast, just as fast as D1. Anyone think it's just as efficient for stuffing pressure as D1?

Also, I updated Sword Flip as a viable wakeup now.

Any thoughts, comments, or criticisms are always welcome.

Coddfish

Noob
Sword Spin doesn't seem too reliable as a wakeup against jumpins, but at least we have Sword Flip now as well.

I don't rate Spin (or D1~Spin) as a pressure escape against Batgirl up close. It's safe on block, but the -6 puts you into her nasty 50/50 game, and her low will tag your backdash if you try escape that way. If you're not too close, though, the pushback on blocked spin will put you out of range of her quick overhead.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Tis true, it IS more negative on block than D1, but of course it's better on hit. D1 xx Sword Spin has more pushback than just D1 or Spin alone. Also, Spin is -7 on block from our testing.

But I can tell you still hate Batgirl (I probably should more too), but I wouldn't judge the viability of Sword Spin based on just that matchup. We all know it's not a good one, and her pressure options are just nuts.

Coddfish

Noob
Tis true, it IS more negative on block than D1, but of course it's better on hit. D1 xx Sword Spin has more pushback than just D1 or Spin alone. Also, Spin is -7 on block from our testing.

But I can tell you still hate Batgirl (I probably should more too), but I wouldn't judge the viability of Sword Spin based on just that matchup. We all know it's not a good one, and her pressure options are just nuts.

Oh, I wasn't saying Spin is a bad move at all - just that it's a bit more risky in that match up.

The pool of players where I live is really small, and the only guy I play regularly for long sets is a Batgirl/Batman main, so basically all my matchup experience is vs those characters :/

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Sounds like you've got a lot on your plate to handle lol.

I hear people complain about using D1 after blocking screwing up and making a Low Shots come out unintentionally, which is why I'd like people to try Spin reversal instead. No chance at a misused Low Shots and reversal means you can buffer it. With the same startup as D1, I can see it working out.

Coddfish

Noob
Sounds like you've got a lot on your plate to handle lol.

I hear people complain about using D1 after blocking screwing up and making a Low Shots come out unintentionally, which is why I'd like people to try Spin reversal instead. No chance at a misused Low Shots and reversal means you can buffer it. With the same startup as D1, I can see it working out.

That's a good idea. I tend to crouch block as my default, so I tend to D1 xx Spin as my main pressure interruption. Spin to interrupt from a standing block seems like a good idea though, I'll play around with that more.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Long delay, been out of the house for a good while, B1U2 added.

I feel like there's not much to discuss here though. It's a gdlk move and every DS player knows it.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Machine Gun added to first post.

Does anyone agree with me that it's pretty decent through use of the trait?