What's new

Question - Kitana Kitana Rising Fans Overpowered

Rozalin1780

Good? Bad? I'm the one with the fans

First of all, why were you trying EX spin when it no longer has armor? Of course it doesn't work during the gap! That's pretty much the case for every gap in any character's string.

Second of all, you make the point of saying "if you backdash, you're at neutral at best" but fail to mention (or realize?) Kitana just wasted a bar while you used none to get out.

Third of all, there are more ways to escape this if people took the time to lab it before posting videos saying it can't be done. I've been crouching-jabbed out of it a number of times. Watch Reo's video praising SonicFox's Kitana and you will see an instance of Reo back-walking, read back-WALKING not back-dashing, right out of it with Predator.

Lastly, yes, the block string is very scary if you are cornered and have no meter. I could name a handful of characters who are just as scary when you're cornered by them and have no meter and a few of them aren't burning bar after bar to maintain the pressure.

omooba

fear the moobs
Lastly, yes, the block string is very scary if you are cornered and have no meter. I could name a handful of characters who are just as scary when you're cornered by them and have no meter and a few of them aren't burning bar after bar to maintain the pressure.
like who?

Belial

Noob
There's answers to the string other than armor.

It's full of mind games, but generally, as time goes on, it will become more of a scrub killer gimmick than anything.
There is no answer to this string, only armor that deals 10-15% damage while taking 5% and pushing Kitana away where she can build more meter. If you have no meter game over. If you use armor, well, still great for her.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
There is no answer to this string, only armor that deals 10-15% damage while taking 5% and pushing Kitana away where she can build more meter. If you have no meter game over. If you use armor, well, still great for her.
You can backdash...if you can armor, you can backdash. Some characters she has to completely change the timing on to get the j2 to even connect, which grants easy escapes for them as well. If she does DP xx float j2 on Reptile without delay, she gets full combo punished with f4. Hell, Reptile just slides it and she wasted a bar trying to be cute lol.

There are answers that you weren't even trying to find.

First of all, why were you trying EX spin when it no longer has armor? Of course it doesn't work during the gap! That's pretty much the case for every gap in any character's string.

Second of all, you make the point of saying "if you backdash, you're at neutral at best" but fail to mention (or realize?) Kitana just wasted a bar while you used none to get out.

Third of all, there are more ways to escape this if people took the time to lab it before posting videos saying it can't be done. I've been crouching-jabbed out of it a number of times. Watch Reo's video praising SonicFox's Kitana and you will see an instance of Reo back-walking, read back-WALKING not back-dashing, right out of it with Predator.

So your saying this is fine ?

Belial

Noob
You can backdash...if you can armor, you can backdash. Some characters she has to completely change the timing on to get the j2 to even connect, which grants easy escapes for them as well. If she does DP xx float j2 on Reptile without delay, she gets full combo punished with f4. Hell, Reptile just slides it and she wasted a bar trying to be cute lol.

There are answers that you weren't even trying to find.
In the corner backdash doesnt do anything, maybe save you a little chip from JP, thats all, she's at massive plus.
She doesnt have to change any timings, she can do the same timing on everyone and it will always work (except 3 characters i mentioned). Doesnt matter what you do. Crouch, stand, hold block, dont hold block, try to low-profile with stuff like ermac d3, cage d4 - it all doesnt work.

Belial

Noob
When did just being armored not become worth a bar of meter?
when armor started dealing about 10% damage (you also take 5% remember?) and pushes kitana back at the range she excels in (and builds more meter). Her zoning is insane, her close range is insane with this, her armors are one of the best.

Doesnt it remind you of something?
You are looking at Kabal here and say "its fine". Jesus, its depressing to talk to you people.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!

Yeah but these characters don't usually tend to have amazing neutral and keep away. She was supposed to be a bit ass up close to balance out her full screen game.

Also most of these characters with the "scary pressure" youve been talking about have been nerfed.

I don't know why Kitana or Cryo sub were even buffed. Imo they'd have been perfect with just the universal changes. These 2 are definitely the "WTF" changes of this patch.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I think this would be perfectly fine if she was designed to be a rushdown character. But she's a zoning/keepaway character, or at least, she was. Now she has tools that rival some of the best rushdown characters in the game, in addition to some of the strongest zoning in the game. If you guess wrong from pretty much any range, you're eating 25%-40% damage. So yeah, this may be an escapable gimmick, but it's still way too strong considering her other tools. Also, 30% chip from any character is just dumb.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
In the corner backdash doesnt do anything, maybe save you a little chip from JP, thats all, she's at massive plus.
She doesnt have to change any timings, she can do the same timing on everyone and it will always work (except 3 characters i mentioned). Doesnt matter what you do. Crouch, stand, hold block, dont hold block, try to low-profile with stuff like ermac d3, cage d4 - it all doesnt work.
It's more than the 3 you mentioned. Triborg avoids it as well, from what I've been told.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I was of the impression that backdash has iframes