What's new

Video/Tutorial Kitana OTG Tech- Explained in Video

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
The nice thing about picking up with 2,1 is that unlike regular 2,1 there isn't the push back on block. So mixing up between 2,1,2 and 2,1 into a throw or whatever is better, you don't have to dash in.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
this is really cool, gonna have to have a play about with some characters moves and see what come of it. I know already that off a back throw smoke can OTG with an Ex smoke bomb, but its 10% if they dont block, and stands them up if they do. Same sort of effect, just kitana can get more from it.

Mr mileena i know you play sindel so you must know her fireball traps the same as this, its very easy to do if you are approaching the corner and get a knockdown you can instant flight fireball them to otg and dash in for pressure, anywhere else though you are too far away to do anything but put another fireball on screen.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
It misses on Kitana because... well, it should miss on everybody. Damn new techs... Good stuff.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Normally when they block 2,1 they are pushed back. It's the max d+1 range where you can blow them up for low poking but if you want to dash up and go for a mixup they have more time to see you didn't complete 2,1,2. A OTG 2,1 does not, it kind of sucks them in, so you can do 2,1 and then your mixups and they can't see if you're doing 2,1 or 2,1,2.

Normally when they block 2,1 they are pushed back. It's the max d+1 range where you can blow them up for low poking but if you want to dash up and go for a mixup they have more time to see you didn't complete 2,1,2. A OTG 2,1 does not, it kind of sucks them in, so you can do 2,1 and then your mixups and they can't see if you're doing 2,1 or 2,1,2.
I never said doing 2,1 mix ups
I was talking about the d3 grab. I usually do 212 , or perhaps even 21 for 3% chip with pushback :p

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Yeah, I was just pointing out another good thing about the 2 OTG.

I am just dropping in to say how effective this new OTG is. I had great success in casuals tonight. It really opens up her pressure game.

Mad props to Joe ^_^
thanks guys :)
I refuse to keep things secret, although I knew about it for months, I was careful not to release something that won't work, and thus, making me look dumb haha.

I hope we can all maybe find some more use to this, but it works really well, and of course, baiting wakeups = 40 percent plus combos :)

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Mr. Mileena, the OTG works in the corner, you just can't dash in on top of them. Spacing is important. I throw then take a small step forward and do 21

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Yea...if they stay in the ground. Also axe does the same thing after a throw...

NW throw is untechable so they have three options...

1) get up and block
2) wakeup attack
3)stay on the ground and let me OTG you.