What's new

Strategy - Kitana Kitana General Discussion/Strategies

Status
Not open for further replies.

gibster13

A fan of fans
I have found something with mornful lol... She gets insane pressure with her ex blade thing using her d4 and b2. She can instant air levitate and get a overhead or mid with 2 on the way down..... It's okay I guess lol. Still looking into it

Last edited:

Shiizu

Theory Fighter
Guys pick royal storm, get full screen and throw 500,000 million fans and when they try to approach slice their throats and smack them with your ass.
Use the uplift to punish and then use her full combos damage!!
Naww I can't move away from assassin cause ninja mask > no ninja mask =P

Kas

Oh hai ^-^
Win 8.1
Wait-- lol. Okay, er, B1 has a followup that hits low and one that hits mid. This keeps them honest and you can throw them. That kind of gimmicky stuff that I've been doing. Probably low level things though, not sure.
I think you're confusing mid's with overheads. They can just block this string low and be safe.

if I hit iAF and catch them in the air I have being going Ground fan after, and from anywhere on the screen you have time to run in and hit a F4 into Combo. I'm still working on damage I can get, I'm sure @Konqrr posted some in the combo thread.
He sure did. I think these iAF combos are probably the most important thing to get down for a new kitana player.

Riyo

Noob
you get the klassic costume by leveling up one character to level 40 on the mobile version.

Guys pick royal storm, get full screen and throw 500,000 million fans and when they try to approach slice their throats and smack them with your ass.
Use the uplift to punish and then use her full combos damage!!

stop trying to play rush down with kitana!!
To be fair, EX Assassin strike can punish whiffs/projectiles from full screen. With Sharpen, millions of fans would be "much" better.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Haven't been punished for it so I believe connecting an Air fan into a ground fan from full screen lets her have a free sharpen. Or if you really want damage, you can dash up and for an assassin strike but I found that leaves me to close to my opponent for a sharpen.

7L

Heads up!
Kitana was the spacing God of mk9. Think of the same thing with her f2. Space more. Pokes and throws are your best friends as they were mine with mk9 kitana. just work with her. She's fine

Any other kitanas out there having problems with the subzero match-up? I seem to be unable to punich any of his moves even though they look quite unsafe. Does anyone have any experience with this? Would appreciate any help.

Kitana was the spacing God of mk9. Think of the same thing with her f2. Space more. Pokes and throws are your best friends as they were mine with mk9 kitana. just work with her. She's fine
I now ive got to learn how to she plays in MK:X better, i am still trying to play the game like MK9.

it would be nice if she had an OH starter though.

d3v

SRK
For anyone complaining about Liu Kang. He'll probably get "normalized" in a hotfix sometime soon considering that he has a blockstring infinite.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Any other kitanas out there having problems with the subzero match-up? I seem to be unable to punich any of his moves even though they look quite unsafe. Does anyone have any experience with this? Would appreciate any help.
Depends on the variation and I only have Online experience in this one, but when he has the clone out and you are in the corner, I haven't figured that out yet.

fan lift breaks clone, but is punishable, when he does clone mid screen ive been doing EX ground fan to break the clone and make him block and running in for a Jump in punch but only if i'm not in the health lead,

it's like MK9 patients wins out,

remember you have a projectile parry in royal storm so he has nothing on you at range, the slide is fast, but you get full punish when you block it.

Yeah she would be better with a overhead but her zoning is amazing
yeah i think i need to play her how i played harley, basically harass people with zoning and when they try and do something stupid punish them with a big combo.

feel cheap zoning people the whole game though

gibster13

A fan of fans
yeah i think i need to play her how i played harley, basically harass people with zoning and when they try and do something stupid punish them with a big combo.

feel cheap zoning people the whole game though
I played abit of Harley and I compared the two characters. Kitannas zoning is amazing

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Kitana has some issues that are being recognized by a plethora of players.

Her "amazing" zoning is actually quite mediocre. (Kano, Shinnok, and fully auto Jacquie say hello). Her fans can be ducked while the opponent inches their way in, and once the opponent is in, you are in trouble.

She is so unsafe, she has no mixups, her pokes have terrible range/pushback. Her F2 is overrated and you have to be ON POINT.

When people start saying "well you just need to start throwing, sweeping, and b2ing more"...lol, you know there is a problem.

gibster13

A fan of fans

Her "amazing" zoning is actually quite mediocre. (Kano, Shinnok, and fully auto Jacquie say hello). Her fans can be ducked while the opponent inches their way in, and once the opponent is in, you are in trouble.

She is so unsafe, she has no mixups, her pokes have terrible range/pushback. Her F2 is overrated and you have to be ON POINT.

When people start saying "well you just need to start throwing, sweeping, and b2ing more"...lol, you know there is a problem.
I agree but how does KANO have good zoning ? I haven't seen it

Iced_Taz

Characters loyalist :)
Kitana was my main in MK9. I prefer pressure mode. Well I think in MK X Kitana is more zoner than rushdown character. Correct me if I'm wrong ? Which of her normals can be use for pressure game ? 112 or f112 ? Maybe also f22 can be mix with other move ? After f22u4 you have combo so usually your opponent will expect u4 after f44. I want to use f22 then f33, moke, another f22 or other stuff.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier

lol

Edit: quit playing Mournful lol

Status
Not open for further replies.