What's new

Strategy - Kitana Kitana General Discussion/Strategies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
honestly, kitana would be more viable if this game wasn't so driven on input delay. Who can honestly say that they feel ok punishing people with 111. nobody? lmao ok. I shouldn't feel like I'm playing russian roulette everytime I'm in a situation to punish. Tekken was known for it's input delay system and I think NRS tried to bite off of that because the netcode is so shitty.
whats wrong with 111?

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I'm still sticking with her cuz I started with her but I'm also learning Jason now. He has like all the tools we have been wishing for and they are done in such a way that it balances out. As big as he is he has multiple overheads but only a few that allow combos and only a slight bit of damage at that and that move is 18 frames in start up and has fucking range. I really think I should seriously make a Kitana disadvantages video and send it to NRS

I dont think that has to do with input delay. As for punishes naturally you're gonna go for 111 as its her fastest string.

Jason makes me rage. Not in a salty way, but look at all the balanced tools he has...like what were you thinking when designing kit?

Competitive kitanas have all moved on and its a shame. I just dont have faith that NRS will deliver her the buffs she deserves, much less needs.

I was watching Trepound today (whom I like and consider a good player) and just watched him crumble when Michaelangelo just stood block all the stupid float gimmicks and blocked low. Literally the only momentum he could get for himself were random d1s, the occasio al fan, and some tick throws.

She is only good when you decide to jump like a fool.

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
@RunwayMafia I still have hope for buffs, but then again certain people in the community just don't want to see facts until their slapped in the face with it

Btw, i think we're gonna need that buff list soon you guys are working on. That tanya patch is coming soon.

RunwayMafia

@RunwayMafia I still have hope for buffs, but then again certain people in the community just don't want to see facts until their slapped in the face with it

Btw, i think we're gonna need that buff list soon you guys are working on. That tanya patch is coming soon.
I personally dont believe she will buffed, like at all, due to NRS' utter incompetence and the majority of this community lying through their teeth stating she is "fine".

I'm going to make the PM today (so we can discuss what we believe she needs without the LITERAL PEASANTS that main top characters to come in and derail) and Ill include you. ;)

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
I personally dont believe she will buffed, like at all, due to NRS' utter incompetence and the majority of this community lying through their teeth stating she is "fine".

I'm going to make the PM today (so we can discuss what we believe she needs without the LITERAL PEASANTS that main top characters to come in and derail) and Ill include you. ;)
I already gave my list to @xWildx

Besides if worst comes to worst i'll make a video perfectly describing how to play kitana at a fundamental level so people can actually visibly see how bad she is

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Very mediocre zoning. Duckable fans, -10, no reason to jump against her.
See this is why people think you're downplaying. You have EIGHT FRAME instant air fans with probably above average recovery (wait, below average? Not that many recovery frames I mean), isn't that the fastest projectile in the game? Jacqui's gun in Full Auto is duckable and -10 but it's 13f and yet considered one of the best projectiles in the game. You also have no reason to jump against Jacqui. Thing is you can convert off of your air fan into a full combo, hell even something like 26% unbreakable is it not? Jacqui just gets a few shots.

Now don't get me wrong I'm not saying you're downplaying or anything and I'm not saying she's any better because of the speed of her fans, I too am a part of the mediocre zoning low tier character group with Shinnok, but maybe you guys are looking at it the wrong way. I mean most of the complaints I've seen are to do with not being able to open the opponent up and that she doesn't have good mixups or good rushdown but that's probably the point, she's a zoner not a rushdown character. Zoners shouldn't really have mixups and pressure when they can keep the opponent out for however long, building a ton of meter in the process. Maybe she's more designed to zone, build meter and, if you get caught, break and start again? I mean the Kitanas we've seen in competition must think she's fine for a reason? (Although yes I do know they haven't been getting punished properly and whatnot)

Again, not saying you guys are downplaying or anything nor am I claiming that I know more about the character. Just saying :) Feel free to enlighten me if need be.

RunwayMafia

See this is why people think you're downplaying. You have EIGHT FRAME instant air fans with probably above average recovery (wait, below average? Not that many recovery frames I mean), isn't that the fastest projectile in the game? Jacqui's gun in Full Auto is duckable and -10 but it's 13f and yet considered one of the best projectiles in the game. You also have no reason to jump against Jacqui. Thing is you can convert off of your air fan into a full combo, hell even something like 26% unbreakable is it not? Jacqui just gets a few shots.

Now don't get me wrong I'm not saying you're downplaying or anything and I'm not saying she's any better because of the speed of her fans, I too am a part of the mediocre zoning low tier character group with Shinnok, but maybe you guys are looking at it the wrong way. I mean most of the complaints I've seen are to do with not being able to open the opponent up and that she doesn't have good mixups or good rushdown but that's probably the point, she's a zoner not a rushdown character. Zoners shouldn't really have mixups and pressure when they can keep the opponent out for however long, building a ton of meter in the process. Maybe she's more designed to zone, build meter and, if you get caught, break and start again? I mean the Kitanas we've seen in competition must think she's fine for a reason? (Although yes I do know they haven't been getting punished properly and whatnot)

Again, not saying you guys are downplaying or anything nor am I claiming that I know more about the character. Just saying :) Feel free to enlighten me if need be.
Lol. You basically summed it up within that novel. There is no downplaying. Yeah, air fan conversions are nice, but who is jumping around against her? Certainly not the players I play (Gunshow just won a tourny in Canada).

You literally duck and move in. Her strings and normals are so negative and or have such shit range, she has no ground game.

Yeah, air fans, lol, if you do an air fan close they can punish her ever so elegant descent to the ground. She has no ground game to compensate for her high, duckable, -10 hitting fans (unlike Kano, Quan).

Either way, competent players will avoid her zoning with ease and put her in a plethora of unsafe/bad situations. 16bit summed it up best when asked on day 1 as to how we open people up..."We throw a lot and sweep". Lol

People who actually claim downplaying are either completley clueless (they dont play her, never fought her, NEVER SPENT COUNTLESS HOURS IN THE LAB WITH HER) or are blatantly lying. #realtalk

E

Eldriken

Uh, air fan recovery is awful. What are you smoking?

RunwayMafia

LMAO for real. Nothing sgainst Youph, but I laugh when people come in here with their psuedo insinuations of downplaying and thinking they have the cure. As if multiple Kitana players haven't gone into the lab to try to figure SOMETHING out.

Sorry folks. Regardless of what your fav top player who happens to main Cassie, Scorp, Sub, Jax, Quan, Erron, Dvorah, etc., says, she remains blatantly cut and dry.

You cant work with bizarre frame data and unsafety. Keep chucking those air fans, though! Lol

Youphemism

Lol. You basically summed it up within that novel. There is no downplaying. Yeah, air fan conversions are nice, but who is jumping around against her? Certainly not the players I play (Gunshow just won a tourny in Canada).

You literally duck and move in. Her strings and normals are so negative and or have such shit range, she has no ground game.

Yeah, air fans, lol, if you do an air fan close they can punish her ever so elegant descent to the ground. She has no ground game to compensate for her high, duckable, -10 hitting fans (unlike Kano, Quan).

Either way, competent players will avoid her zoning with ease and put her in a plethora of unsafe/bad situations. 16bit summed it up best when asked on day 1 as to how we open people up..."We throw a lot and sweep". Lol

People who actually claim downplaying are either completley clueless (they dont play her, never fought her, NEVER SPENT COUNTLESS HOURS IN THE LAB WITH HER) or are blatantly lying. #realtalk
But that's missing my point...I talked about the idea that Kitana could be a character that relies on just hanging back and zoning with fans to build meter so that when the opponent gets in she has the meter to (block) break or armour just in case and go back to zoning and building meter. In fact you actually proved my point by talking about her closeup game and opening people up again lol. It seems like you guys are too hung up on her pressure/rushdown/closeup game because I haven't seen her other options/ways to play/etc discussed but just because I haven't seen it doesn't mean it hasn't been discussed which is why I was asking you about it in the first place.

What about her damage output? Doesn't she have pretty high damage?
Hmm I was practising it not that long ago and it didn't seem like that much, but alright lol.
LMAO for real. Nothing sgainst Youph, but I laugh when people come in here with their psuedo insinuations of downplaying and thinking they have the cure. As if multiple Kitana players haven't gone into the lab to try to figure SOMETHING out.

Sorry folks. Regardless of what your fav top player who happens to main Cassie, Scorp, Sub, Jax, Quan, Erron, Dvorah, etc., says, she remains blatantly cut and dry.

You cant work with bizarre frame data and unsafety. Keep chucking those air fans, though! Lol
I wasn't insinuating you were downplaying at all, I was just asking you why you/the Kitana community felt the way you felt :( I was addressing the main complaints I'd seen that didn't seem to have been discussed or thought of but if you've already looked at it then it doesn't matter.

I mean I get how you guys feel, Shinnok is unsafe on everything too. At least you guys have an overhead :joker:

RunwayMafia

But that's missing my point...I talked about the idea that Kitana could be a character that relies on just hanging back and zoning with fans to build meter so that when the opponent gets in she has the meter to (block) break or armour just in case and go back to zoning and building meter. In fact you actually proved my point by talking about her closeup game and opening people up again lol. It seems like you guys are too hung up on her pressure/rushdown/closeup game because I haven't seen her other options/ways to play/etc discussed but just because I haven't seen it doesn't mean it hasn't been discussed which is why I was asking you about it in the first place.

What about her damage output? Doesn't she have pretty high damage?

Hmm I was practising it not that long ago and it didn't seem like that much, but alright lol.

I wasn't insinuating you were downplaying at all, I was just asking you why you/the Kitana community felt the way you felt :( I was addressing the main complaints I'd seen that didn't seem to have been discussed or thought of but if you've already looked at it then it doesn't matter.

I mean I get how you guys feel, Shinnok is unsafe on everything too. At least you guys have an overhead :joker:
Lol. What do we do after the block break/ break? You dont seem to understand...even her defense is negative and shit.

NO ONE is asking for her to be the rushdown Queen of of MKX. Nice try though. ;)

Our overhead leads to a 12% knockdown. The world is truly our oyster.

Youphemism

Lol. What do we do after the block break/ break? You dont seem to understand...even her defense is negative and shit.

NO ONE is asking for her to be the rushdown Queen of of MKX. Nice try though. ;)

Our overhead leads to a 12% knockdown. The world is truly our oyster.
Go back to zoning? Lol. I know she's negative on a lot of things but it doesn't mean she has literally no options.

You want your d1~df2 back don't you? :DOGE

Best mixup ever. Clearly she's broken and I will not stand for such overpowered mixups. *asks for nerfs*

Disclaimer: T r o l l i n g

RunwayMafia

Go back to zoning? Lol. I know she's negative on a lot of things but it doesn't mean she has literally no options.

You want your d1~df2 back don't you? :DOGE

Best mixup ever. Clearly she's broken and I will not stand for such overpowered mixups. *asks for nerfs*

Disclaimer: T r o l l i n g
To quote a real zoner, "Just look at you..."

Her zoning is dangerous upclose. They can read it and jump in on her or just camp until the kitana inevitably throws out one of her many unsafe options.

And yes. The sins I'd commit to reclaim her old d1 and cutter. Ugh now I'm emo...

E

Eldriken

Kitana's zoning is mediocre at best. There's a huge threat behind getting hit with a fan while you're airborne, obviously, but that's about it. Her fans are certainly fast as shit, but they're SO easily avoided when she's chucking them on the ground. Duck and in forward between them until you're in range to punish accordingly or just armor through them.

easily punished from fullscreen, all it takes is a dash and a db3, they even get animation locked if they keep spamming from half-screen, where they usually think they're safe because it's still too far from jump in.

E

Eldriken

After the first Hand Cannon and Kitana dashed in, I'd have done a ground rocket. *shrug*

But yeah, this will work against a Full Auto Jacqui player that doesn't use anything but guns, regardless of how close you are.

E

Eldriken

Is there another character with a D1 that can be full punished on block?

-10 D1, +3 on hit.................

I throw alot, throws only get you so far,

#justsaying #notcomplaining
Jacqui's d1 is -7 on block. I dunno if that's full combo punishable, however.

Either way, it's stupid that a fucking d1 is -10 on block, lol.

After the first Hand Cannon and Kitana dashed in, I'd have done a ground rocket. *shrug*

But yeah, this will work against a Full Auto Jacqui player that doesn't use anything but guns, regardless of how close you are.
first dash puts Kitana at around half screen, don't you have to be a bit closer for ground rocket to hit? in my experience most Jacqui players feel safe at that distance and keep spamming gauntlet gun

Nah that was totally low rocket range.
yeh, just tested it. there's an alternative you can do if she starts throwing in low rockets though, forward jump db3 levitate, if she low rockets you'll be in the air before it hits, if she gauntlet guns you'll land right after it passes and you can punish

E

Eldriken

yeh, just tested it. there's an alternative you can do if she starts throwing in low rockets though, forward jump db3 levitate, if she low rockets you'll be in the air before it hits, if she gauntlet guns you'll land right after it passes and you can punish
The player can start conditioning you to think they're gonna do a low rocket so that if they think you're gonna jump, they can do an Up Rocket and get a full combo conversion out of it if you jump. The mind games, bruh. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.