What's new

Kitana Combos in MK11

Xev

Noob
Not sure if what I have is the optimal or w/e but im not consistent with the triple jump kicks in the corner at all, but here's what I have followed by what I normally use for consistency sake

Rozalin1780

Good? Bad? I'm the one with the fans
Not sure if what I have is the optimal or w/e but im not consistent with the triple jump kicks in the corner at all, but here's what I have followed by what I normally use for consistency sake

I’ve been using b231~lift, jump in 3, 4~fan toss, d3, 12d2 since it scales better than the jump in 3 x2 method. I, for the life of me, cannot land jump in x2, flutter~3~fan toss, d3, 12d2 consistently enough, but was wondering if that is still the optimal way to go.

armani

Noob
Here's some combos with Kitana!

I'll be honest my focus was, one - figuring out if she still has midscreen fan combos (yes tf she does!) and two - figuring out practical/easy combos that can be replicated. timing is strict but for some of these but its cool. and tbh I already feel like I can squeeze out some more damage so there will be a followup to this as well but for now,

oasis

Noob
In midscreen, after the fan lift what options do i usually have??
Do i have to dash after the fan lift, then do j3, then also dash after that?
Would appreciate any help.
I'm sort of new to combo execution this character might not be the right one to start with but i'd like to try.

Rozalin1780

Good? Bad? I'm the one with the fans
In midscreen, after the fan lift what options do i usually have??
Do i have to dash after the fan lift, then do j3, then also dash after that?
Would appreciate any help.
I'm sort of new to combo execution this character might not be the right one to start with but i'd like to try.
Easiest route to start with is <starter>~lift, late jump in 2, instant jump in 2, 12~quick execution (for krushing blow) or amp square wave. If you want slightly more meterless damage and greater corner carry, you can do <starter>~lift, jump in 2, walk forward, F2222. No dashing required.

Once you've got those down, you can go more optimal routes that require dashing. Like <starter>~lift, jump in 2, dash, B14~quick execution or <starter>~lift, dash, jump in 3, dash, F2222.

oasis

Noob
Easiest route to start with is <starter>~lift, late jump in 2, instant jump in 2, 12~quick execution (for krushing blow) or amp square wave. If you want slightly more meterless damage and greater corner carry, you can do <starter>~lift, jump in 2, walk forward, F2222. No dashing required.

Once you've got those down, you can go more optimal routes that require dashing. Like <starter>~lift, jump in 2, dash, B14~quick execution or <starter>~lift, dash, jump in 3, dash, F2222.
Thank you very much.
I've got some issues with the no dash combos that you mentioned. when i do ji2 ji2 then 12, 12 comes off as a single hit no matter how i try. shouldn't it hit twice?
Regarding the second one, i noticed that when i walk forward to do f2222 my first hit misses. should i be faster on this one? i noticed that if i double tap forward fast enough then it works.

alkaid

Noob
One thing that may help if you're not doing it already is to sure that you're punching in whatever you want to happen on the ground along with your air attack.

In the first case, you want to hit 12 while still in the air, right after the second ji2 connects. I try to time any follow-up string for right when I see the air attack connect, but if that doesn't work for you it may help to just think of it as all one string. If you notice Kitana is only sweeping her back hand forward instead of doing a straight jab once she's on the ground, it means the 12 didn't get dialed in and you probably tried to get the 1 out during your attack recovery.

I'm not sure about what might be making your first F2 miss on the other combo tbh. You might want to experiment with the timing of your ji2 to see if that changes anything. That said, you can input ff after an air attack to make sure you dash the instant you're on the ground, like you would an attack, and if you get comfortable doing that into an ender I don't think there's any need to get hung up on doing it without the dash.

Edit: Conversely though, it's definitely possible to try to put 12 in too quickly. So if you're inputting it in the air and not seeing it come out, you might want to give it a beat between the air attack and the 12. That's why I wait for the prompt of seeing it connect, but that will vary with your own timing.

Last edited:

ArryKae

Noob
Thank you very much.
I've got some issues with the no dash combos that you mentioned. when i do ji2 ji2 then 12, 12 comes off as a single hit no matter how i try. shouldn't it hit twice?
Regarding the second one, i noticed that when i walk forward to do f2222 my first hit misses. should i be faster on this one? i noticed that if i double tap forward fast enough then it works.
It's actually B14, or at least that's what I use. (edit: messed up B14, changed from B12) I'm using a different combo and now am going to try the 12.

Also, if you're having trouble with the optimal, you can get the KB off of.. B231, DB2, F2, DF2. It's slightly less damage, but easier to pull off. So, you'll have to weigh the difference in damage against your conversion rates between the 2 combos.

Last edited:

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
It's actually B14, or at least that's what I use. (edit: messed up B14, changed from B12) I'm using a different combo and now am going to try the 12.

Also, if you're having trouble with the optimal, you can get the KB off of.. B231, DB2, F2, DF2. It's slightly less damage, but easier to pull off. So, you'll have to weigh the difference in damage against your conversion rates between the 2 combos.
B231 lift, jk, f2 gut slice KB is better. Even does more damage that j2x2 b14

ArryKae

Noob
Thank you very much.
Ok. After messing around in practice, I get why he had you start with the 12, it comes out alot faster than B14. Easier to execute and only 10 less damage with B14 starter.

Also, I think you might be trying to get the 12 out too fast. I notice I do this when trying new combos. I was just testing this and when I tried getting the 12 out as fast as I could, it actually didn't take my 1 and only the 2 came out, even though I could clearly see that I pushed 12 in the button log. You still want to dial it in and be quick about it, but try being a little more deliberate. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here, but it's more about a rhythm and timing than speed when pushing buttons. Especially with jump ins to extend combos.

The best way I can explain it is..

Do this.. JumpTwo One Two
Not.. JumpTwoOneTwo

I hope I could help. And, if I said something wrong, someone please correct me. I'm still learning, but like to help where I can.

oasis

Noob
Thank you everyone! My first post here asking for help and i already got a lot of good info here.
To be honest, I'm one of the visually impaired MK players so i only play with sounds, I have to memorize sounds of pretty much every hit or combo. There's a bunch of us in the fgc, I'm getting started and am an absolute newbie though.
I chose Kitana because i like her fast fan throws, when hit or blocked i can get a perfect sense of where my opponent is via the sound it makes.

I still can't figure out why i can't consistently land 12 after two ji2S, like mentioned only the second hit lands i assume that i'm sort of late and the time window is sort of brutal here.
As for lift then ji4 f2 i could not make the f2 work then i realized that i'm jumping in too early so i gave it a little bit of delay then jump in and it does indeed work so i think i'll be practicing this one quite a lot.

PhAzE213

Brotherhood of Shadows
TLDR; Not sure if anyone has found this (im pretty sure they have) but you can still end with B14 after a Fan Lift, J3. You just have to walk forward during Fan Lift and do a late J3, almost when your touching the floor, then dash after the j3. So something like this.

(Starter)xxdb2, walk forward, j3 (late), dash, b14xxdf2.

Timing is still super tight. If you hit the j3 to early you will end up to far to hit b14, but f2 and 12 will still hit

PhAzE213

Brotherhood of Shadows
Edit: The J3 is so late that your opponent starts falling out of Fan Lift. Your j3 should be coming out at like 1-2 frames after they start falling. It leaves you close enough and at the right height to just hit f2222 without moving, still need the dash for b14. Seems consistent if you get the delay right.