What's new

Combo List - Kitana Kitana Combo Thread [Updated Sept. 8th 2015]

Correct me if i'm wrong but the max amount of hits Kitana can for for a mid-screen EX Fan combo is two right?

b24~EXdf1, rc d1~df1, dash forward f43, 21~db1, ji3~AirFan, f33/f4~bf3

right? I haven't been able to do moves like f112~EXFan because then the normal fan just ends the combo...

MkPeezy

Unicorn Papi
Correct me if i'm wrong but the max amount of hits Kitana can for for a mid-screen EX Fan combo is two right?

b24~EXdf1, rc d1~df1, dash forward f43, 21~db1, ji3~AirFan, f33/f4~bf3

right? I haven't been able to do moves like f112~EXFan because then the normal fan just ends the combo...
Correct

Inception

I love Kitana
Is it correct in saying that 1,1 ex fans into d+1 only hits at close range and not max range 1,1?

Last edited:
How are you running so fast between the time?
This sounds rude but I promise I don't mean it offensively.

Like almost everything else in MK from D'vorah to Cassie Cage learning how to do shit as fast as humanly possible (and muscle memory) will be your best friend.*and timing in piercing Mileena's case* I would start out with these combos in order of (my preference) easiest to hardest
f11
f33
b23
f22

All of these starters may not be safe but if they connect then a EX fan into d1~Fan is connect-able (from my experience)

Inception

I love Kitana
You have to input the run command before the whole string has appeared on the screen, and you have to cancel the run command into D1 as fast as it comes out.
Time to go to the lab seems like D'vorah cancels. Not sure how long it will take for some consistency.

Desperdicio

Tell me, do you bleed?
Time to go to the lab seems like D'vorah cancels. Not sure how long it will take for some consistency.
Haven't tried D'Vorah cancels, but it is definitely easier than Marksman or A-List cancels. It's more like the run cancels Cassie, Quan Chi, Kenshi, Jax, and other characters have.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Like this: when you see Kitana throw the 2nd fan, input run command (FF block) then HOLD block, release F. The next part is based on timing and your muscle memory: when you see Kitana move a short distance release block and press D1F1

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
She can get 50 percent with 2 bars in the corner.
I can do 48% 1 bar with royal storm and 49% 1 bar in Ass (B14 starter). I never spend more than 1 bar in any of her combo unless it's gonna kill
Combo looks like this: B14 ex fan, B14 (or F33) fan, jump kick float 2, 3 fan, 3 lift, jump kick fan, jump kick delayed fan, 3 throat slice. In assasin it does more damage due to less scaling on lift

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
This is my favorite midscreen combo for mournful kitana

B14 ex glaive cross over Jip u2 glaive run cancel 21 lift njp f4 staff grab. 37%

But there is also a problem with this combo when playing against "semi big body characters" like jax tremor jason and raiden and probably more because I didn't test the rest of the cast. What happens is after the u2 the glaive will miss and won't hit these characters. But if you don't use the cross over Jip after b14 ex glaive and just go for u2 glaive instead the combo will connect for 35%.

Not complaining about it because you are supposed to adapt but I hope it gets fixed.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
This is my favorite midscreen combo for mournful kitana

B14 ex glaive cross over Jip u2 glaive run cancel 21 lift njp f4 staff grab. 37%

But there is also a problem with this combo when playing against "semi big body characters" like jax tremor jason and raiden and probably more because I didn't test the rest of the cast. What happens is after the u2 the glaive will miss and won't hit these characters. But if you don't use the cross over Jip after b14 ex glaive and just go for u2 glaive instead the combo will connect for 35%.

Not complaining about it because you are supposed to adapt but I hope it gets fixed.
You're missing out on decent damage tho.

B14 ex glaive, j2, f43x3, d1 lift, njp, f4 staff grab for 40%. You can do f43x2 then 21 lift for an easier combo and 1% less.

Last edited:

just_2swift

You're missing out on decent damage tho.

B14 ex glaive, j2, f43x3, d1 lift, njp, f4 staff grab from 40%. You can find f43x2 then 21 lift for an easier combo and 1% less.
DAM that's good dmg bro. Gotta try this today definitely. I just love saggy combos though. I'm a sucker for them.

xKhaoTik

DAM that's good dmg bro. Gotta try this today definitely. I just love saggy combos though. I'm a sucker for them.
Lol thanks. She has some pretty swaggy combos and they're optimal too. She has decent damage in the corner in mournful as well. 44% for a bar

just_2swift

Lol thanks. She has some pretty swaggy combos and they're optimal too. She has decent damage in the corner in mournful as well. 44% for a bar
Wow I've only been getting 40 in the corner. Also what is the strongest combo off of instant air ex glaive in the corner ? The most I got was 32

xKhaoTik

Wow I've only been getting 40 in the corner. Also what is the strongest combo off of instant air ex glaive in the corner ? The most I got was 32
Corner is b14 ex glaive, j2, f43, 3 glaive, b14 lift, jk float njp, d2, d1 staff grab for 44%

And idk about air glaive in the corner. Never tried it. I'll try it later tho