What's new

Combo List - Kitana Kitana Combo Thread [Updated Sept. 8th 2015]

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
We should post Rising fan wake up options more. If needed you can spend the second bar on Ex Air Glaive. Any thoughts or comments

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
This is for beginners...

I have major difficulties with strict timing based or overly complex combos. I drop ones with 2 x F43 or run cancel ones in the middle almost every time so I needed to adopt something else.

The easiest for me is 21, fan, f43, f4, lift, jk, fan, f4 ass or throat slice.

If you are using 1,1,1 or F1,1,2, you need to dash after the first fan.

Works best for RS and is a great beginners combo. You can still use it in assassin too - you just need to be careful with your placement.

It is REALLY forgiving as far as timing goes and does 34% which is not much less than many of the 2 x F43 ones. Great for online too!

Last edited:

Tharr

Nyaaaah~
Since there are no f22 starters for the corner...

f22u4~glaive, f33~lift, JiK~float, NJP, f33~slice 31%
I didn't use any f22u4 starters anywhere, since it's generally unsafe and punishable by a lot of the cast, and is 19f startup. Am open to ways to make it safe though, if anyone has any.

This is for beginners...

I have major difficulties with strict timing based or overly complex combos. I drop ones with 2 x F43 or run cancel ones in the middle almost every time so I needed to adopt something else.

The easiest for me is 21, fan, f43, f4, lift, jk, fan, f4 ass or throat slice.

If you are using 1,1,1 or F1,1,2, you need to dash after the first fan.

Works best for RS and is a great beginners combo. You can still use it in assassin too - you just need to be careful with your placement.

It is REALLY forgiving as far as timing goes and does 34% which is not much less than many of the 2 x F43 ones. Great for online too!
Combo does 32% for me, 31% with 111, 36% with f112. As you said, f4 ~ db1 can whiff in Assassin. For same damage and a combo that won't whiff in Assassin too, you can go for starter ~ df1, dash, f33 ~ db1, jik ~ db1, dash, f33 ~ bf3. Also, in Royal Storm, due to db1's reach, you don't need to run cancel most combos. Anyway, added them, thanks!

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
I didn't use any f22u4 starters anywhere, since it's generally unsafe and punishable by a lot of the cast, and is 19f startup. Am open to ways to make it safe though, if anyone has any.
F22 block confirm to glaive or hit confirm to lift or u4.

Tharr

Nyaaaah~
F22 block confirm to glaive or hit confirm to lift or u4.
1st has a gap and can be armored through, so any armored launcher is full punish. Can do df4 though in mournful, and nothing after f22 in other variations, as a fan would make it more unsafe.
Is it a good idea to use f22 in the corner and end up -6 minimum on block? Genuine question, as opposed to going for b14 or f112. What advantage can it give you over other options?

SM StarGazer

f+22 is a safe advancing combo starting poke that's why people use it
It has a massive gap in between the 1st and 2nd hits. It sucks but it can be blown up. I've both done this and had it down to me. Like full spin tempest lao punishable. Its sad.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
It has a massive gap in between the 1st and 2nd hits. It sucks but it can be blown up. I've both done this and had it down to me. Like full spin tempest lao punishable. Its sad.
f22 has no gap and f22u4~glaive is safe to most of the cast.

Buzz Saw Lao can blow up f22u4~glaive before the glaive hits but that doesn't mean you cannot use the string against anyone. It depends on the match up. Tempest cannot do anything about it other than xray.

Last edited:

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
Even if it was, why anybody would armor out of stuff like f+22 and f+33 is beyond me especially since f+22u+4 is beyond unsafe

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
1st has a gap and can be armored through, so any armored launcher is full punish. Can do df4 though in mournful, and nothing after f22 in other variations, as a fan would make it more unsafe.
Is it a good idea to use f22 in the corner and end up -6 minimum on block? Genuine question, as opposed to going for b14 or f112. What advantage can it give you over other options?
F22u4~glaive in the corner is close to 0 and leaves you at a distance where many options they have after it are shut down by ex staff, leaving them in the corner. It's a good option as it can be very easily hit confirmed but leaves you safe on block, providing they don't have a quick forward advancing armoured reversal.

Last edited:

Tharr

Nyaaaah~
F22u4~glaive in the corner is close to 0 and leaves you at a distance where many options they have after it are shut down by ex staff, leaving them in the corner. It's a good option as it can be very easily hit confirmed but leaves you safe on block, providing they don't have a quick forward advancing armoured reversal.
Cool, I like the EXdb3 setup, was noticing it when testing f22u4 ~ df1 vs sub's slide and saw glaive broke armor. Will add some f22 combos as well as the one you listed, thanks. I'm thinking f22 may not be ideal for other variations in corner, but for Mournful it looks pretty decent.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Cool, I like the EXdb3 setup, was noticing it when testing f22u4 ~ df1 vs sub's slide and saw glaive broke armor. Will add some f22 combos as well as the one you listed, thanks. I'm thinking f22 may not be ideal for other variations in corner, but for Mournful it looks pretty decent.
Yep I think this is why people disregard f22 options as it can be an issue in RS. In mournful it's generally better.

SM StarGazer

In all honesty I've played quite a few matches where the second hit of f22 has been straight up blown up. Other then that its safe and shadow kick or staff grab keeps them in check. Its a small gap but it punishable. Ill play around witit later. I hope I'm wrong. If you guys record and post it here that would be great. Please prove me wrong.

Edit: This is weird. Online it seems it is punishable, but barely. Offline, aside from delayed wake ups, its safe. Anyone else experiencing this?

Last edited:

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
What?

The only gap kitana has is f334. F22 is safe af

xKhaoTik

What?
f22 ~ glaive does have a gap. I never said f22 by itself had a gap.
O ok. The way you worded it made it seem like you were talking about f22 itself.

212 is the best and safest string to cancel into glaive

SM StarGazer

O ok. The way you worded it made it seem like you were talking about f22 itself.

212 is the best and safest string to cancel into glaive

Hey let me ask. Maybe an online thing but my f22 has been blown up in between the first and second hits. Offline no, but online lao has beat me as well as pred. Its so f-ing weird. Has this happened to you?

xKhaoTik

Hey let me ask. Maybe an online thing but my f22 has been blown up in between the first and second hits. Offline no, but online lao has beat me as well as pred. Its so f-ing weird. Has this happened to you?
The string as itself? No. It shouldn't happen. There's no gap

SM StarGazer

The string as itself? No. It shouldn't happen. There's no gap
I wish I could post a video. But in all seriousness. Its been times where I've straight up blown up and gotten blown up online using this string. Again it maybe a online thing but it has happened to me before. Rare but it happens.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
Here is a good ex fan combo to practice if you are at a beginner level like me. There is no RC in it so I tend to drop it less

1 Bar Midscreen (No Run Cancel)

11, ex fan, d1, fan, dash, f43, 21, lift, jk, fan, dash, f4, ass/ts - 42%

It does 1-2% less, but it is easier for novice players like myself and it is close enough damage

Tharr

Nyaaaah~
Here is a good ex fan combo to practice if you are at a beginner level like me. There is no RC in it so I tend to drop it less

It does 1-2% less, but it is easier for novice players like myself and it is close enough damage
You actually don't need the run cancel in the listed combos, so I'll edit it out, thanks.

The b13 rc down 1 lift/fan was the first rc combo ive tried learning

I got it down in a halfhour-hr. Its not as tough to learn as it is intimidating. I hit ffblock d1b1 as the second fan hits

Timing isnt that hard

Etoroguy

Why isn't Jax's Farm a playable stage?
Has anyone been able to break the 50% mark with mournful? The best I've gotten is 48%.