What's new

Kim Jong Il Is No More.

Reedoms

Noob
I wouldnt go as far as saying hes one of the biggest monsters in the history of humanity, its not like he nuked a couple of cities ya know ;)
If you really wanted to go with "a big monster" instead of going with the token "MURRICA NUKE," you should've gone with Stalin considering he killed upwards to around 50 million people during his time.

I'll give you a 1/10 but thats the best I can do.

NariTuba

disMember
If you really wanted to go with "a big monster" instead of going with the token "MURRICA NUKE," you should've gone with Stalin considering he killed upwards to around 50 million people during his time.

I was pointing out contradictions as far as whats considered "evil" and what doesnt, if we add up casualties in all armed conflicts labeled "justified" from nuke days up to now we get into some hefty numbers... but you are right, Stalin is up there at the top, and had some colorful explanations for his actions as well.

The biggest acts of atrocity from 1900's is
(no particular order)

1) Stalin's purges
2) Mao's Cultural Revolution and Great Leap Forward
3) Armenian Genocide
4) Holocaust
5) The Killing Fields
6) Whatever the fuck happen in the Balkans in the 1990's (Bosnia)
7) Ethnic cleansing in Sudan
8) Rwanda

there were of course more stuff like Vietnam War, Somalia and the shitfest in Latin America but I would say those top 8 are one of the biggest offenders in modern history.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME

I love your signature.

50 million for Stalin? That's a fucking body count...jeez...

aj1701

Noob
I know he wasn't popular, but I just can't bring myself to be happy from someone else's death.
I find that pretty weird. He's directly responsible for the torture and deaths of many North Koreans. If I could spit on his grave I would.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Something strange is happening in the world. It seems like more stuff for the betterment or worsening of the world has happened in this year than the last 5 or so. Don't get all antsy over it, but things are strange now. War, death, all these bills passing through the house and senate that are going to restrict our freedoms and directly go against the constitution popping up. For the first time I'm scared what's going to come from all of this. The SOPA and the Protect IP things are going to regulate our every move on and offline if they pass. Shits turning into mgs4. Am I glad Ill's dead? Sure, I don't know the greatest of details but I know he was a crazy bastard. And to the people who want to say America was being monstrous for nuking Japan I'd just like to point out that at the time the Japanese had the imperialist view and took on a "everyone fights" mentality. So it was atrocious, but would you rather our history say that America massacred an entire country? Just my two cents.

aj1701

Noob
LOL, not too much to that I'm afraid. I'm sure some people are still afraid to do anything else, with his son being in charge now. Also, propaganda works. Its hard to see the truth when you've got BS thrown at you. And even when someone can show the truth some people might refuse to see it.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Something strange is happening in the world. It seems like more stuff for the betterment or worsening of the world has happened in this year than the last 5 or so. Don't get all antsy over it, but things are strange now. War, death, all these bills passing through the house and senate that are going to restrict our freedoms and directly go against the constitution popping up. For the first time I'm scared what's going to come from all of this. The SOPA and the Protect IP things are going to regulate our every move on and offline if they pass. Shits turning into mgs4. Am I glad Ill's dead? Sure, I don't know the greatest of details but I know he was a crazy bastard. And to the people who want to say America was being monstrous for nuking Japan I'd just like to point out that at the time the Japanese had the imperialist view and took on a "everyone fights" mentality. So it was atrocious, but would you rather our history say that America massacred an entire country? Just my two cents.

I said the same thing on Facebook this morning,
It's fucking astounding the amount of shit that's gone down this year.

aj1701

Noob

I said the same thing on Facebook this morning,
It's fucking astounding the amount of shit that's gone down this year.
I started worrying what would happen to this country on 9/12.

The entire nukes thing has never held up. For one it wasn't even the worst US mass killing of WW2, that would be the firebombing of Tokyo which killed a fuck ton more people and lasted a lot longer. For another, in WW2 that sort of carnage was fairly normal as there was no such thing as smart bombs so you kinda just bombed the shit out of a huge area. Not to mention, when you factor in allied atrocities the nukes look like kids play. And then when you factor in axis fiascos like the holocaust or the Japanese rape of Nanking what the allies did doesn't even rank up there.

So when every anybody says "but nukes" its a sure as shit sign they don't know anything about history or WW2 and are just trying to get their hate on.

Some fun North Korean stuff....

Soon Ok Lee is a survivor of the Kaechon prison camp. She testified on April 30, 2003, at a hearing of the House Subcommittee on International Terrorism, Nonproliferation, and Human Rights that women political prisoners in North Korea “were unconditionally forced to abort because the unborn baby was also considered a criminal by law.” She testified, “Women in their 8th or 9th month of pregnancy had salt solutions injected into their wombs to induce abortion. In spite of these brutal efforts, some babies were born alive, in which case the prison guards mercilessly killed the infants by squeezing their necks in front of their mothers. The dead babies were taken away for biological tests. If a mother pleaded for the life of her baby, she was publicly executed under the charge of ‘impure ideology.’”
Kang Chol Hwan is another survivor of the North Korean prison camps. He met with George W. Bush in the Oval Office in June 2005. He’s spoken of how when one prisoner was hanged, “thousands of prisoners were made to form one line and passed by the hanged person and threw stones at the dead body, shouting, ‘Let’s get rid of the people’s traitor.’ And because of throwing so many stones by thousands of prisoners, the faces and muscles were all torn up. Some women with weak heart, they didn’t obey and didn’t throw the stone. Then the officers condemned them, saying your ideology is doubtful. And beat them.”

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
For those who don't think this bill is all that bad here is what it really does...

God......God help us all....for I'm, in the first time in my life, truly afraid. We as US citizens lost everything....
I've used my poetry to allegorically and metaphorically expose and parade points of view, flaws, religion, science, morals, sin, purpose, Envy, vices, curses of desire, imprisonment, and poisoned affection.

So naive am I, absent of a political agenda. If to the left is Hell, Heaven on the right, must I look to both?
Veniat Tempore Pax; May in time Peace Arrive.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
Very few people realize just how dangerous this bill is. Despite what the government propaganda says it is exactly how its read. The govenrment can detain anyone they feel like, for as long as they want. The caveat that its for detaining suspected terrorists is bullshit. Tell me what defines a "suspected" terrorist officially in the governments eyes? Do you know? Do I know? Does anyone know? Does some teenager doing a book report about the bombing of Hiroshima get flagged because he looked up information about the atomic bomb on the internet? I dont know. Do you? Does anyone?
The transition from Republic to dictatotship can happen in an instant, and many of us wouldnt even realize it. Watch for it.
USA is on a roll with their bills, first this one and now they're talking about SOPA, a bill that gives them complete and unconditional power to censor whatever the hell they want on the internet

Reedoms

Noob
USA is on a roll with their bills, first this one and now they're talking about SOPA, a bill that gives them complete and unconditional power to censor whatever the hell they want on the internet
Considering what most of the people were saying about the bill on the markup stream last week, it's safe bet to assume it's not going to be passed through the Senate and even if it does, Obama will just Veto it in order to gain support for the 2012 elections.

Also, that other bill pertaining to getting suspected terrorists is pretty much just The Red Scare 2.0 with "Terrorist" substituted for Communist.

Considering what most of the people were saying about the bill on the markup stream last week, it's safe bet to assume it's not going to be passed through the Senate and even if it does, Obama will just Veto it in order to gain support for the 2012 elections.

Also, that other bill pertaining to getting suspected terrorists is pretty much just The Red Scare 2.0 with "Terrorist" substituted for Communist.

with the exception that terrorist are actually a threat to innocent lives and communist for the most part weren't

Havatchu

Noob

I can't believe it took me this long to realize the parallel.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature

It's gonna be the 50's all over again...