What's new

Kim Jong Il Is No More.

gdf

Noob
Sorry about that, hope i didn't misrepresent your opinions in any way (if so i can go back and quote it for anyone reading ?)

As now i see you are not sad either i can only disagree with you so much. You as such may not be Happy about the death of another human being, be it religeous views, upbringing, or any reason not that it matters, but you must share some joy in the fact that a terrible person can no longer cause harm to undeserving people. All of the people that are better off, do you not share in their happiness?

Like i stated already, i dont make a point of being happy when people die, ive had losses of family and friends and its definitely not happy, but this is my exception, and i may just sound like a dick to you, but him being dead is a good thing, and for that fact i will be happy.
It's probably a good idea to quote me. You don't know how many threads that I've seen necro'd with someone disagreeing with a post that was already solved several posts later.

I share in their happiness of freedom (as far as I know, I don't know the future), just not his death. Their happiness is a consequence of his death, I understand that clearly. But I am not happy about his death.

You don't sound like a dick, just someone who has a different view of the world. Absolutely nothing wrong with having that, if everyone saw everything the same way. We'd probably have some problems occur from lack of uniqueness.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
It's probably a good idea to quote me. You don't know how many threads that I've seen necro'd with someone disagreeing with a post that was already solved several posts later.

I share in their happiness of freedom (as far as I know, I don't know the future), just not his death. Their happiness is a consequence of his death, I understand that clearly. But I am not happy about his death.

You don't sound like a dick, just someone who has a different view of the world. Absolutely nothing wrong with having that, if everyone saw everything the same way. We'd probably have some problems occur from lack of uniqueness.
Quoted in my other post now. We can only hope the future will be brighter, Im no psychic but if his son is in charge like they say then i can only predict more shit as he is also a moron.

On the plus side we can probably expect a fairly humorous south park episode to follow all this

Yeah I'm glad he's dead.

Dude was a fucking lunatic who through people into death camps ala Hitler/Stalin. He starved his people to cannibalism and death. He kidnapped, tortured, raped, and pulled all sorts of other stunts to foreigners. He convinced his people he was a god and wrote 30 books a day, cured disease, and had invisible cell phones to give tactical advise to his soccer teams. His daughter was a cannibal for the fun of it and a stark raving lunatic as well and he arranged for her meals, and "tenderized" the meat by abusing the crap out of people. He held that entire region hostage with doofy nuclear weapons that he couldn't even aim correctly. The country didn't have shit for electrical power and he convinced people it was because America bombed the plants every night and only through his god powers and Korean power did they come back on in the morning. All while living off the top cognac and fine cigars and living like a king.

The guy was cartoonish levels of evil and created a hell hole the likes of which no other place on the planet can touch.

For fun, the Koreas at night, guess which is which!

Asia at night!

All we can do is sit back and hope the military kills off his kid and puts an end to this mess.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
For those who don't think this bill is all that bad here is what it really does...

God......God help us all....for I'm, in the first time in my life, truly afraid. We as US citizens lost everything....
Anonymous are pretty convincing but i wont worry until i see something come of it. The bill shouldn't be passed and if it is i feel extremely sorry for the world we live in and its stupidity and lack of freedom.

While I don't like the bill and it shouldn't have been passed it's worth the fear mongering going on.

First, presidents have done this sort of thing before. These sorts of powers are not "new" by any stretch of the imagination (we did stupider things in the civil war and WW2). Second, both the Bush and Obama administration have claimed these powers and legally asserted them on multiple occasions. So not much has changed. The bad language in there is just them saying what they already said they could do.

Wait on a supreme court challenge before lighting your hair on fire.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
To quote the great samual L Jackson

"Yea he deserved to die and I hope he burns in hell"

That's how i feel

Flagg

Noob
Whether I believe life is precious or not, I simply don't celebrate the deaths of people. You imply that life isn't precious; wouldn't that justify oppression?

That doesn't even come close to what I was saying. I don't think it up to anyone to decide who deserves to die or who deserves anything for that matter. It's that way of thinking that gives rise to tyranny and oppression in the first place.
All I will say is, I very much doubt he will be missed. If his son turns out to be a better ruler, then his death really is a good thing. Life being precious is a subjective term based on ones perspective and the kind of situation they are in. I didn't agree with the way Col. Gaddafi died, despite the fact he was a monster. He should have been tried for war crimes rather than left to the mercies of a blood thirsty crowd (not exactly the greatest starts for a people that want democracy). But then you don't know what had been done to those people. Perhaps those men had seen their wives, sisters and daughters murdered, raped, taken forcibly...you cannot know another mans hate until you've walked a mile in his shoes.

I don't condone violence, but I can see why it happens. I don't agree with oppression but I am not going to have any sympathy for the death of King Dong. You have to wonder, if he was at the mercy of the general populace of N.Korea with none of his bodyguards, what would have happened to him? We both come from a world where we complain and moan about politicians, but I dont wish any of them dead. But tyrants like that...i can see why people would want them dead.

And for the record, I do appologise for my rather full on words. I'm quite vocal on political matters.

I wasn't being sarcastic when I quoted you. Just so that we are clear.

And I had hoped that I would have gotten out of this without a tongue-lashing, I guess I was wrong.

I am not sure what you mean when talking to mean about the world isn't about USA all the time.

Additionally, yeah I can see that he was an ass to everyone who was subjugated to his rule, but when I stated my first post, I meant, why should be be dancing around, with a smile on my face that someone is dead?
Should I be ever so happy that he is dead? No.

I should be happy that his dictatorial rule is over and that North Korea has the possibility of seeing a better tomorrow. (Which could have been solved without his death, if he were a reasonable man, ever. Obviously this didn't happen. Relying on ifs and could'ves are a waste of time.) And the only way that could happen is his death, therefore his dictatorial rule is over.

But I don't know what I can say now that will not cause me to be viewed as a complete and utter moron to the rest of the community at this point anymore.
Because with the track record I've had, I've not met one person on a forum who could agree to disagree. Someone always harbors some sort of ill will. I'm not assuming you will, and I hope you can shut me down and prove me wrong about typical forum behavior.

And to top this all off, I don't feel safe when any country has nuclear weapons, mine or otherwise.
Like I said to Sasuga, I do appologise for coming across as quite aggressive and interpreting what you said as sarcasm. I wouldn't say I was celebrating, but I stand by that its about time. His son could turn out to be a revelation, but it depends on how far the brainwashing has sunk in.

But I wont have sympathy for his death. It is not sad in any way. He oppressed his own people. How many people have died under his rule? The fact he wasn't assassinated or a revolution didn't take place astounds me. The guy died of old age. It's a shame he didn't die sooner, but that's my opinion. I think some of you are looking at this from an individual perspective and not as a whole and at the power men like this have over millions.

EDIT: When you come across an animal that is rabid, the best thing to do is put it down. King Jong was a mad dog, and he should have been put down instead of being allowed to live a long life, inflicting his rabid evil on the millions of Koreans under his rule.

Dann

Noob
Hypothetically speaking if every criminal in the world died, the world would be a utopia. There are some people that the world is better off without. Thats reality. I don't necessarily feel happy about his death but i feel happy for all North Koreans who suffered under his rule. Interesting to see the opinions of fellow mk players on current events such as this one.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
When you come across an animal that is rabid, the best thing to do is put it down. King Jong was a mad dog, and he should have been put down instead of being allowed to live a long life, inflicting his rabid evil on the millions of Koreans under his rule.
Your views are strong, but because of it your points are easy to interpret.

I agree that him dying is a good thing, no matter how it happened, he deserved to die and now he is dead.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
I'm pretty sure that Iraq feels better without Saddam, Afghanistan feels better without Taliban, Lybia feels better without Gaddafi, and now, North Korea probably will feel better without Kim Jong IL .... the same way Germany felt better without Hitler, Italy without Mussolini and Russia without Stalin .... old times, new times, same shit : an asshole SOB rises in the power hierarchy, put a totalitarism government, making the state administration almost as a theocracy of his own ....

The World is tired of this same bullshit, over and over again .... hehe

More tea vicar ? LOL ! :D

I don't think there is any gray area here that it's a very good thing he's dead and a cause for celebration. Not unless you have your head firmly planted up your ass and ignore history and what actually went on.

After the Korean war his father took over. The people were starved and the Kim's turned into gods and the state religion. People who "thought differently" were sent to "thought correction camps", where they were worked, starved, and tortured to death. Along with everybody who knew them who did not rat them out. This turned the entire country into some weird sort of psychological experiment as they were bombarded with propaganda 24/7. The other atrocities of his fathers rule (and what the younger Kim did during it, rape, murder, and torture) are immense, but let's move on to 1994 when he "officially" took charge. He went on selling women and children into the sex trade and ramped up putting people in thought correction camps. He starved his people to the point they were eating bark, boiling dirt, and eating each other. He kidnapped Japanese actresses he wanted to hang around with and then shipped back fake bodies when told to give them back. His kids loved torturing people and one eating them and he provided them with bodies.

The people he didn't ship to slave camps he had killed if they tried to escape and assassinated them in other nations. He kept using nukes to hold entire nations hostage.

Lots of people in this world deserve to die. Very few of them reach his level of just "holy shit batman" levels of evil.

OZombiePenguinO

Garbage, bro
Earlier that day as I was playing Metal Gear Solid 3, I was just thinking "Hmm... North Korea's scary. Hope the leader dies somehow."

Well yeah, anyway, just gonna go uncover my mysterious assassin ability

This. Holy shit, dude.

Are they weeping because he's gone? Or because they know now, whoever they're left to the mercy to will probably be worse?

I HOPE this leads things in a better direction, but I'm not hoping too high.
It's not stockholm at all. It's worse.

His father, has been dead for years. However is still the actual president of the country and the great leader.... and they don't really believe he's dead, he's coming back! Because he's you know, a god king. The sun rises in best Korea (and that's what they call it Best Korea) because the Kim's make it so. When doctors from the west came in and cured the blind.... they threw themselves in front of a picture of the Kims (including the dead one) and thanked their god kings for restoring their eyesight.

Now of course you're probably thinking "nobody is that crazy", well.... they have all been starving, have no access to outside media (it's 24/7 state run propaganda cartoons and movies made by the Kim's) and anybody who thought, said, or whom they thought thought "maybe this is all bullshit" got vanished into the night into death camps or was flat out killed.

And that sums up over 95% of their population. The remainder are the few generals and leadership at the top who know what the truth is but who haven't done anything out of fear of getting killed off, because they are riding high on the hog, or who knows what. But the vast majority of those people are crazy pants brainwashed into thinking their leaders are god kings, and those who they couldn't brainwash they just straight up murdered.

NariTuba

disMember
I just think he was one of the biggest monsters in the history of humanity, so it kind of gives me a little bit of ease knowing he's out of the picture, even though now we have to deal with his offspring...not exactly happy-dance elated, but definitely not sad. Im not one to wish death on anybody, but how's somebody supposed to feel when, for lack of better words, evil is vanquished, yknow?

But y'know who probably IS happier than a motherfucker about it? Obama.
Think about it. He hasn't even hit the last year of his term yet, and Bin Laden, Gadafhi AND Il are all gone under his watch.
Dubya's never gonna hear the end of this one...
I wouldnt go as far as saying hes one of the biggest monsters in the history of humanity, its not like he nuked a couple of cities ya know ;) Still he was pretty bad, but the fact remains he was slightly stupid, just a piece of a circle of power and war mongers that are still there and will continue to be there around his son.

Im not saying you should be sad, why does it have to be one or the other? good and evil... really? this is a pretty deep discussion we would have to get into on order to define what evil is. It certainly has nothing to do with killing hundreds of thousands or invading entire countries, because there are "justifications" for those right? all these things are NEGOTIABLE. So I say we stay safe and allow ourselves some greys where we are able to not be sad OR happy at his death.

Evil will never be vanquished because its in EVERY nation in EVERY human being, everything is a matter of opinion and degrees.

Funny you should mention bin laden, gadafhi and Il in the same sentence, as they are all great examples of meaningless deaths that are given tremendous media exposure for populist ends.

All of the above with respect, we disagree but i appreciate you cheerful spirit (even tho 16 bit says there is no such thing and now hes champ his word is gospel):)

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
It's not stockholm at all. It's worse.

His father, has been dead for years. However is still the actual president of the country and the great leader.... and they don't really believe he's dead, he's coming back! Because he's you know, a god king. The sun rises in best Korea (and that's what they call it Best Korea) because the Kim's make it so. When doctors from the west came in and cured the blind.... they threw themselves in front of a picture of the Kims (including the dead one) and thanked their god kings for restoring their eyesight.

Now of course you're probably thinking "nobody is that crazy", well.... they have all been starving, have no access to outside media (it's 24/7 state run propaganda cartoons and movies made by the Kim's) and anybody who thought, said, or whom they thought thought "maybe this is all bullshit" got vanished into the night into death camps or was flat out killed.

And that sums up over 95% of their population. The remainder are the few generals and leadership at the top who know what the truth is but who haven't done anything out of fear of getting killed off, because they are riding high on the hog, or who knows what. But the vast majority of those people are crazy pants brainwashed into thinking their leaders are god kings, and those who they couldn't brainwash they just straight up murdered.

...Fuck.

Weeping explained.
That is fucking nuts.

I wouldnt go as far as saying hes one of the biggest monsters in the history of humanity, its not like he nuked a couple of cities ya know ;) Still he was pretty bad, but the fact remains he was slightly stupid, just a piece of a circle of power and war mongers that are still there and will continue to be there around his son.

Im not saying you should be sad, why does it have to be one or the other? good and evil... really? this is a pretty deep discussion we would have to get into on order to define what evil is. It certainly has nothing to do with killing hundreds of thousands or invading entire countries, because there are "justifications" for those right? all these things are NEGOTIABLE. So I say we stay safe and allow ourselves some greys where we are able to not be sad OR happy at his death.

Evil will never be vanquished because its in EVERY nation in EVERY human being, everything is a matter of opinion and degrees.

Funny you should mention bin laden, gadafhi and Il in the same sentence, as they are all great examples of meaningless deaths that are given tremendous media exposure for populist ends.

All of the above with respect, we disagree but i appreciate you cheerful spirit (even tho 16 bit says there is no such thing and now hes champ his word is gospel):)
Nah man, I actually agree with you completely. On the media blitzes and the Evil Everywhere theory. Very much so. I just think the world is better off without him.

RagingNight said:
I love how people criticize other nations by looking down without any understanding of the nation or its people. Its very first world like.

The people of North Korea have been sheltered due to N.Korea's censorship, they know very little of the outside beside what the leader tells them. There is a huge propaganda since the end of the Korean War that makes the leader of N.Korea to be considered a deity by the people of N.Korea and thus they feel like its a huge loss. Yes millions starve and whatnot, but to them they don't know that it is because of the leaders of N.Korea, they only listen to the propaganda of the government since they don't know anything else. To them Kim Jong was their world and their leader. Look at Mao during the Cultural Revolution, or the Great Leap Forward for an example.

Plus this is also probably propaganda to begin with.
No, I get it. If all the people know is what they want them to know, I'd imagine it must be devastating. It's just scary to see that level of devotion to someone who caused so much suffering.

He's by far one of the biggest monsters of modern history. You'd have to drag up Imperial Japan, Stalin, or Hitler to top him off. None of the other tin pot dictators going around (Saddam, Ghadafi, Mubarak) could lay a fucking candle to him. And that place is the worst totalitarian dictatorship and nut house on the face of the fucking planet.

This. Holy shit, dude.

Are they weeping because he's gone? Or because they know now, whoever they're left to the mercy to will probably be worse?

I HOPE this leads things in a better direction, but I'm not hoping too high.
I love how people criticize other nations by looking down without any understanding of the nation or its people. Its very first world like.

The people of North Korea have been sheltered due to N.Korea's censorship, they know very little of the outside beside what the leader tells them. There is a huge propaganda since the end of the Korean War that makes the leader of N.Korea to be considered a deity by the people of N.Korea and thus they feel like its a huge loss. Yes millions starve and whatnot, but to them they don't know that it is because of the leaders of N.Korea, they only listen to the propaganda of the government since they don't know anything else. To them Kim Jong was their world and their leader. Look at Mao during the Cultural Revolution, or the Great Leap Forward for an example.

Fun fact. North Korean TV tells the North Koreans they have no power at night because the American's blow up the power plants at night, every night. The power is only back each morning because of the hardworking North Koreans and their god king fixed it. Also, that aid grain, given to them by the mongerl Japanese whores, and weak Americans out of fear of the wrath of the great leader.

And yeah they have Disney style cartoons to teach this shit to kids as well.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
(video)
Discuss
It's not Stockholm Syndrome, and it's not propaganda and brainwashing. They are required to do things like this. If they are not seen showing sadness, there will be hell to pay. Anything less than praise for their leaders will be seen as disrespectful and is worthy of punishment. This is why revolutionary groups don't exist in the country. It's not because everyone actually supports their government, but because even the slightest hint of dissent will be squashed.

hardwire

Noob

oh dont even try to troll about the nukes on nagasaki and hiro please dont go there i really dont feel like geting banned