What's new

Combo Video - Killer Killer's BnBs (up to 54% or 49%+14% 2bars) + Acidic gueststar

HappyPow

Noob
By the way you can even do D4 BS1 and get the mindgame or go back in the neutral (not a true blocksring, Just playing on the range). Don't do that close xD

Ghosty1981

Dog will hunt!
The catch with d3 bd4 is that the d from d3 is still registered when you start BD4. If you are too quick hitting 4, or if you try to hit d and 4 at the same time the system reads d(from d3)b4. It's super frustrating.

The method I've found is to be very careful to hit b then d and then 4, rather than the more natural b d4. It's a tight window, but it is easily doable with minimal practice.

I've never used it much myself because it is likely to get punished hard in a match when used on its own. You're good at crazy combos, though, so you'll find great use for it.

HappyPow

Noob
So basicly I just need to slow down? It is really hard but I have the faith that you Leatherface Player/Main will be able to get the timing so I'm gon record every combos that I'll hit with that.

HappyPow

Noob
Corner :
47% + restand 1 bar (from F12). :p but not with that D3 BD4
37% No bar (no restand and unblockable) from F12
35% No bar + restand from Njp
36% No bar from 122 + restand or 32 + 14%

Last edited:

Ghosty1981

Dog will hunt!
So basicly I just need to slow down? It is really hard but I have the faith that you Leatherface Player/Main will be able to get the timing so I'm gon record every combos that I'll hit with that.
Yeah, slow it down. Too quick and the first down is read as part of db4. This little "feature" is great for Erron Black's command grab (dbf2) when using his low attacks, but it really screws up Leatherface :p

You can hit the NJP in that 49 + 14% combo, so you shouldn't have any trouble getting the timing down now that you know what is happening. :)

I look forward to seeing what you can come up with. I abandoned d3 Sparks because I don't typically lab for optimized combos, and on its own it isn't very useful. I can imagine that using d3 Sparks to catch a falling opponent during a small frame opening (like after using db4) and continuing the combo could lead to great results. Might actually make db4 without meter burn worthwhile in more circumstances.

HappyPow

Noob
Yeah, slow it down. Too quick and the first down is read as part of db4. This little "feature" is great for Erron Black's command grab (dbf2) when using his low attacks, but it really screws up Leatherface :p

You can hit the NJP in that 49 + 14% combo, so you shouldn't have any trouble getting the timing down now that you know what is happening. :)

I look forward to seeing what you can come up with. I abandoned d3 Sparks because I don't typically lab for optimized combos, and on its own it isn't very useful. I can imagine that using d3 Sparks to catch a falling opponent during a small frame opening (like after using db4) and continuing the combo could lead to great results. Might actually make db4 without meter burn worthwhile in more circumstances.
Exactly! You understood perfectly! Now watch again my combos, there is always a moment where you can do DB4!
Example :
45%---> more than 48% with that : F12 BS1MB 4 F12 \*DB4*/ (instead of BD4 previously) D3 BD4 jip F12 BS2!! (I've just done an easier version doing 47% so it does maybe even 50% 1 bar with the restand)!

Ghosty1981

Dog will hunt!
Exactly! You understood perfectly! Now watch again my combos, there is always a moment where you can do DB4!
Example :
45%---> more than 48% with that : F12 BS1MB 4 F12 \*DB4*/ (instead of BD4 previously) D3 BD4 jip F12 BS2!! (I've just done an easier version doing 47% so it does maybe even 50% 1 bar with the restand)!
Yeah, I had a feeling that was what you were going for. I've seen that window with db4 and thought about catching it with db3, but I just don't have the drive to lab for hours for an extra 1 or 2%. Not saying it isn't worth it, just that I'm not an optimizer by nature.

Give me a clean, easy combo that I can hit every time and I'm happy.

On that note, any advice on hitting the NJP in your 49 + 14 combo? Right now I'm happy with 2 bd4 f2 BS4 after the uppercut, but that leaves it at 46 + 14%. At least I can hit it every time.

I'm kinda torn on whether super high damage combos are worth it with Leatherface, since one bar gets about 50% damage and two bars gets just over 60%. The combos are awesome, it is just sooooo tempting to hold on to that bar and wait for the chance to hit bs1ex again.

Nothing is sadder than hitting bs1 and not having the meter to convert it into big damage. :(

HappyPow

Noob
Yeah, I had a feeling that was what you were going for. I've seen that window with db4 and thought about catching it with db3, but I just don't have the drive to lab for hours for an extra 1 or 2%. Not saying it isn't worth it, just that I'm not an optimizer by nature.

Give me a clean, easy combo that I can hit every time and I'm happy.

On that note, any advice on hitting the NJP in your 49 + 14 combo? Right now I'm happy with 2 bd4 f2 BS4 after the uppercut, but that leaves it at 46 + 14%. At least I can hit it every time.

I'm kinda torn on whether super high damage combos are worth it with Leatherface, since one bar gets about 50% damage and two bars gets just over 60%. The combos are awesome, it is just sooooo tempting to hold on to that bar and wait for the chance to hit bs1ex again.

Nothing is sadder than hitting bs1 and not having the meter to convert it into big damage. :(
For the NJP, I can't really help you... hum try to train instant air njp in training (with Leatherface, it is easy : you know that you succeeded because he only has a few frames to hit a guy that stands up so when you hit him, it means, you've got this).
Well I'm a Reptile Player before all and I'm used to get instant air NJP (after uppercut sometimes or after a d1 when the gravity is awful) so I already had the "thing" =x
Maybe just that : When you press F1 after D2, you're not mashing it right? So basicly same timing to ,first, press up to Jump and after 2 to get your instant air njp then (like on practice on a standing character) :D
Maybe also your D2 is coming out too late! Have you checked that ?
For the use of the meters : Maybe you're right you and Hidan (for now xD wait me to hit that ~58% or ~54+14 for 2 bars!). It is just, once the combo is done, it is almost game win IMO. Espacially with ~6% on block with plus frames so basicly ~6% + ~5% but anyway I do not really know the character himself I guess ^^ (Not sarcasm!)

Last edited:

Ghosty1981

Dog will hunt!
S
For the NJP, I can't really help you... hum try to train instant air njp in training (with Leatherface, it is easy : you know that you succeeded because he only has a few frames to hit a guy that stands up so when you hit him, it means, you've got this).
Well I'm a Reptile Player before all and I'm used to get instant air NJP (after uppercut sometimes or after a d1 when the gravity is awful) so I already had the "thing" =x
Maybe just that : When you press F1 after D2, you're not mashing it right? So basicly same timing to ,first, press up to Jump and after 2 to get your instant air njp then (like on practice on a standing character) :D
Maybe also your D2 is coming out too late! Have you checked that ?
For the use of the meters : Maybe you're right you and Hidan (for now xD wait me to hit that ~58% or ~54+14 for 2 bars!). It is just, once the combo is done, it is almost game win IMO. Espacially with ~6% on block with plus frames so basicly ~6% + ~5% but anyway I do not really know the character himself I guess ^^ (Not sarcasm!)
Sometimes d2 is late, but I can recognize that when it happens. I just hoped there was a trick to the instant NJP. I think if I can hit them with 2 on the way down then my d2 was on time, but maybe 2 is more forgiving.

As to the meter burning, it isn't that 2 bars isn't worth the damage, it's that saving up the bars is hard when an opening for bs1ex presents itself. :)

If I happen to have 2 bars in the corner I would do the 63%.

HappyPow

Noob
S

Sometimes d2 is late, but I can recognize that when it happens. I just hoped there was a trick to the instant NJP. I think if I can hit them with 2 on the way down then my d2 was on time, but maybe 2 is more forgiving.

As to the meter burning, it isn't that 2 bars isn't worth the damage, it's that saving up the bars is hard when an opening for bs1ex presents itself. :)

If I happen to have 2 bars in the corner I would do the 63%.
Ooooh I see... Yeah true, kinda hard to get the 2 bars except if you're getting bopped or hitting the block like A LOOOOOT xD

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
Ooooh I see... Yeah true, kinda hard to get the 2 bars except if you're getting bopped or hitting the block like A LOOOOOT xD
You sound (deliberately) like you mop the world with killer. So... footage?

HappyPow

Noob
You sound (deliberately) like you mop the world with killer. So... footage?
Lol just read what I've wrote before "only labbed him 3hours and played 11 games".
But most important is that if you do not "mop the world with killer" it is maybe because you need to change/get a gameplan (and try to think that you're playing someone that can read you, sometimes the character or you can't take the blame but your opponent can be congratulated ) ;)
Btw the way I've never said that I was good I just do not understand your reasoning about the use of the 2bars.
If you have an Xbox 1 then I'd like to say : Face SNRGY Stutterr, he has in my opinion a real good understanding of Leatherface's tools (the best I've seen). Also I've heard a lot of Gunshow's Leatherface so just watch him playing.
It is not because I do not play the character that I can't think and get a legit reasoning about him. Footsies/Punish/Whiff Punish/Safe/Gimmicks building meters/High damages + restands/ 6frames poke/ Chainsaw vs Projectiles.
I can't record my games (would take a Day :'( for 5 games ) but I can show combos :D
But if you, you can record your games I'd be glad to help you on what is wrong or just to simply admit that you're right ;)

HappyPow

Noob
Corner :
And a 42% Mid-Screen 1 bar + restand from F12
So far is that good? Should I put them in the vid with the D3 BD4 combos?

Ghosty1981

Dog will hunt!
With a little more practice I wasn't able to land the NJP, but I did switch from using 2 sparks to f12 sparks and it is actually easier because f12 sparks out of a bounce is already ingrained in me from Killer's bnbs.

So my simplified version goes like this:
f12 BS1ex 4 bf4ex d2 f12bd4 f2 BS4
This gives you 48% + 14% in the corner.

Not quite as swaggy without the NJP, but it only loses 1% damage and is, for me at least, way easier to pull off. If you use Killer you already do f12 bd4 in tight windows so it isn't that tough to pull off.

The nice thing is if you already have them cornered and they are down, you can make them guess OH/low with b1/f3 bs1 for just a little less damage. I think this is a more likely scenario in the corner than f12.

Nice work HappyPow.

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
Lol just read what I've wrote before "only labbed him 3hours and played 11 games".
But most important is that if you do not "mop the world with killer" it is maybe because you need to change/get a gameplan (and try to think that you're playing someone that can read you, sometimes the character or you can't take the blame but your opponent can be congratulated ) ;)
Btw the way I've never said that I was good I just do not understand your reasoning about the use of the 2bars.
If you have an Xbox 1 then I'd like to say : Face SNRGY Stutterr, he has in my opinion a real good understanding of Leatherface's tools (the best I've seen). Also I've heard a lot of Gunshow's Leatherface so just watch him playing.
It is not because I do not play the character that I can't think and get a legit reasoning about him. Footsies/Punish/Whiff Punish/Safe/Gimmicks building meters/High damages + restands/ 6frames poke/ Chainsaw vs Projectiles.
I can't record my games (would take a Day :'( for 5 games ) but I can show combos :D
But if you, you can record your games I'd be glad to help you on what is wrong or just to simply admit that you're right ;)
Killer can't mop anything, it's mid tier at best, just a few wins here and there.
I think you understood my reasoning perfectly, you just didn't like it.
No, I don't have xbox.
Keep the combos, ppl seem to like them,
but man, if you are not playing the character or said variation, you can't help those who do with theoritical gameplans.

Let alone saying
because my previous reasoning mate, seems to be the legit one

you got the idea... I hope.
Don't come off like that

HappyPow

Noob
Killer can't mop anything, it's mid tier at best, just a few wins here and there.
I think you understood my reasoning perfectly, you just didn't like it.
No, I don't have xbox.
Keep the combos, ppl seem to like them,
but man, if you are not playing the character or said variation, you can't help those who do with theoritical gameplans.

Let alone saying

Don't come off like that
Lol that is why I said "sorry if I'm rough". I need to extand my vocabulary because I must sound like a prick xD
Mate you are Just OMG... So I'm aware of Leatherface's tools, when I face a leatherface, I know what I can do and when! I know what he can do and when! Mate I don't have to play the character to understand him... You know what I'm not here to talk about how to play him anyway.
Then I asked you :

And a 42% Mid-Screen 1 bar + restand from F12
So far is that good? Should I put them in the vid with the D3 BD4 combos?
Corner :

HappyPow

Noob
With a little more practice I wasn't able to land the NJP, but I did switch from using 2 sparks to f12 sparks and it is actually easier because f12 sparks out of a bounce is already ingrained in me from Killer's bnbs.

So my simplified version goes like this:
f12 BS1ex 4 bf4ex d2 f12bd4 f2 BS4
This gives you 48% + 14% in the corner.

Not quite as swaggy without the NJP, but it only loses 1% damage and is, for me at least, way easier to pull off. If you use Killer you already do f12 bd4 in tight windows so it isn't that tough to pull off.

The nice thing is if you already have them cornered and they are down, you can make them guess OH/low with b1/f3 bs1 for just a little less damage. I think this is a more likely scenario in the corner than f12.

Nice work HappyPow.
Thank you!
Btw you were right About delaying the BD4, it Works. Now I need to get the timing in my muscle memory in order to hit it during combos.

Ghosty1981

Dog will hunt!
Ok, I found what I was doing wrong with setting up the NJP. I was using 4 instead of f4 because f4 had an annoying habit of resetting the combo and 4 gives the same damage.

The launch mechanic of df4ex is different between 4 and f4 by a HUGE margin. With 4I had to be almost frame perfect to get f12 sparks after the uppercut, going f4 df4ex uppercut leads to them being in the air far longer and the NJP is actually doable.

I think f4, as a restand, counts as launching them from the ground even if they haven't landed yet, while 4 is a launch from the air which leads to higher gravity.

HappyPow

Noob
Ok, I found what I was doing wrong with setting up the NJP. I was using 4 instead of f4 because f4 had an annoying habit of resetting the combo and 4 gives the same damage.

The launch mechanic of df4ex is different between 4 and f4 by a HUGE margin. With 4I had to be almost frame perfect to get f12 sparks after the uppercut, going f4 df4ex uppercut leads to them being in the air far longer and the NJP is actually doable.

I think f4, as a restand, counts as launching them from the ground even if they haven't landed yet, while 4 is a launch from the air which leads to higher gravity.
Yep my 1st tries were with S4 untill I noticed that F4 doesn't impact the gravity.