What's new

Combo Video - Killer Killer's BnBs (up to 54% or 49%+14% 2bars) + Acidic gueststar

HappyPow

Noob
Yo! Time of the "Mong Tech". I've ended my video on Leatherface, check that and tell me if it is good.
The combos aren't hard to execute and obviously you can choose your enders (sometimes I do DB1 but you can do DB3 2 instead for example), it is just to show the "bones" of the combos.
Also I will probably record a new video on him with "better combos", once I'll find the secret to hit D3 Sparks (why that DB4 comes instead of the Sparks) -_- I swear every combos (or almost) can be optimised with that Tech, I know it!
By the way I've added some corner combos with Alien acidic at the end (meterless and 1 Bar).
Well enjoy and do not hesitate to watch my other videos... lol lol lol.

Last edited:

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
Nice showing and "bones", like uppercut after exdf4 in the corner, as it pops them up to your side, so the game won't read that the uppercut was done in the corner.

But, killer is that variation that can combo essentially from anything as long as you have bars for bs1. Plus, those bs1~mb combos give you the opportunity to restand and keep them guessing. That's a big deal. Even if 2 bar combos are 15% more, I would suggest keeping one bar for another 37% and a restand for one more mixup (which could lead to another 30+%)

They can win you a round though and high dmg is always intimidating

HappyPow

Noob
this guy always seems to beat previous combo records. whose next happypow?
Next should be LeatherFace again (Killer) Once I'll know how to hit D3 BD4, indeed 54% is good but I'm sure that you can hit at least 57%. 45% 1 bar restand? What if I was selling you a 48%, maybe more, 1bar restand!!
I've got the ideas but unfortunately the door is closed because I do no have to the Key giving access to D3 DB4 consistantly xD

HappyPow

Noob
Nice showing and "bones", like uppercut after exdf4 in the corner, as it pops them up to your side, so the game won't read that the uppercut was done in the corner.

But, killer is that variation that can combo essentially from anything as long as you have bars for bs1. Plus, those bs1~mb combos give you the opportunity to restand and keep them guessing. That's a big deal. Even if 2 bar combos are 15% more, I would suggest keeping one bar for another 37% and a restand for one more mixup (which could lead to another 30+%)

They can win you a round though and high dmg is always intimidating
It is also the variation getting a true blocks string from D3 giving him the space, the variation getting bars just by entering the stance and even more by canceling it, the variation getting a really good pressure (by gimmicks) cause of the cancels/BS1 spacing/BS2 Overhead/F3 low! So basicly, if you have 2 bars, it means that you have 3 of them (special moves during the combos building bars, the pressure after the restand build bars as well - do not Forget that F2 fake unblockable is a true blockstring - plus the berserker stance and the special cancel coming after).
To end I'm just saying, use your bars to kill, to get the advantage on the round, after all 54% means 56% (by just doing D3 BS1) minimum or 49%+14%=63%. Otherwise Keep it for the next round or for a breaker in critical situation (both you and your opponent under 30%health) and 3rd round.
63% 2bars? C'mon.... JC Cage has a 41% with that! (Ok not the same kind of character xD) So hit it!

Ghosty1981

Dog will hunt!
Already known the JiP in the corner? After the sparks.
I knew about it, as I've had it used against me many times. Personally I don't use JIPs mid Combo because I only play online and the timing is too delicate for me. The risk of losing the combo for being a frame early or late, when the ping is jumping, isn't worth the extra 1% damage for me.

Others can pull it off consistently, I just can't. I will take a risk for an extra 5%, just not for 1%. :)

I knew about it, as I've had it used against me many times. Personally I don't use JIPs mid Combo because I only play online and the timing is too delicate for me. The risk of losing the combo for being a frame early or late, when the ping is jumping, isn't worth the extra 1% damage for me.

Others can pull it off consistently, I just can't. I will take a risk for an extra 5%, just not for 1%. :)
youd love doing liu kangs corner combos then lol

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
Sorry I wrote a lot for something that didn't seem that long in my head. Lol
Long posts are good
It is also the variation getting a true blocks string from D3 giving him the space, the variation getting bars just by entering the stance and even more by canceling it, the variation getting a really good pressure (by gimmicks) cause of the cancels/BS1 spacing/BS2 Overhead/F3 low! So basicly, if you have 2 bars, it means that you have 3 of them (special moves during the combos building bars, the pressure after the restand build bars as well - do not Forget that F2 fake unblockable is a true blockstring - plus the berserker stance and the special cancel coming after).
To end I'm just saying, use your bars to kill, to get the advantage on the round, after all 54% means 56% (by just doing D3 BS1) minimum or 49%+14%=63%. Otherwise Keep it for the next round or for a breaker in critical situation (both you and your opponent under 30%health) and 3rd round.
63% 2bars? C'mon.... JC Cage has a 41% with that! (Ok not the same kind of character xD) So hit it!
This type of meter building works against a solid or defensive player (both are extinct), because as you said, his cancels are gimmicks. If your opponents get used to them there is a timing where they can safely poke, but that is another subject.

Against offensive players you need to end your attacks to bs1 and lose momentum or gain a combo. Some may try to punish bs43 and they will because the best frames after a cancel are -11

What I want to say is that ppl won't let killer cancel that much after a while and bs1 is the best move against these playstyles. And when things get so wild (all the time) I constantly use bars to start combos.

Butcher is better on meter building. More hits on block, meterless dmg, he can be using 2 bar combos on a regular basis

I'm not downplaying, they just don't work for me in the current state me and my opponents are
Already known the JiP in the corner? After the sparks.
Y I did, but last time I checked it doesn't work on some females I think, so I dropped this "bone"

Ghosty1981

Dog will hunt!
What I want to say is that ppl won't let killer cancel that much after a while and bs1 is the best move against these playstyles. And when things get so wild (all the time) I constantly use bars to start combos.
I agree. In most cases you are better off catching them in an attack with bs1 or throwing off their timing with feints and then punishing. React and punish works well too.

I find that I do best when I try to react, open them up with a quick poke, and then use the timing trickery of delaying my BS1 attacks. Depending on whether I want pure damage or continued pressure I will then BS4 or BS2, but it is a pretty basic formula all around.

What gets me is not the blocking, but the low pokes. An opponent that knows the timing can and will low poke out of just about anything Killer has, as his low and mid attack are both too slow to beat low pokes. Sometimes it is better to just go straight into BS1 without a starter, as quick low profile attacks beat all of Killers starters. :(

HappyPow

Noob
Long posts are good

This type of meter building works against a solid or defensive player (both are extinct), because as you said, his cancels are gimmicks. If your opponents get used to them there is a timing where they can safely poke, but that is another subject.

Against offensive players you need to end your attacks to bs1 and lose momentum or gain a combo. Some may try to punish bs43 and they will because the best frames after a cancel are -11

Butcher is better on meter building. More hits on block, meterless dmg, he can be using 2 bar combos on a regular basis

I'm not downplaying, they just don't work for me in the current state me and my opponents are

Y I did, but last time I checked it doesn't work on some females I think, so I dropped this "bone"
Hum... I've just done it on Jacqui Briggs so I'm sorry but I think that you should try for real or just update your knowledge (I do it on my own for combos so through practice but for some techs, I thank people sharing it most of the time) because my previous reasoning mate, seems to be the legit one (you do the combo using 2 bars, get the pressure behind ---> A string BS1 on block BOUM a bar appears, next combo can be optimized by EXBS1 and should kill the guy! - If you do D3 BS1 instead of you string? Lol Next BS canceled into a special move makes a bar appearing (or almost just the end of your bar BUT you can do BS2 EX, get the 5% on blocks and your +1 ;) GG you can now EX it or do more damages on blocks or play the mind games with the cancels knowing that you have a D3 6frames that you can cancel into bs1 to get the spacing).

When during most of your games, you're spending your time doing damages on blocks, you do not refuse a 63% or a 54% + damages on blocks for 2 bars knowing that anyway you've got the pressure after.

The 2 remaining questions are : Do I keep that for a breaker? Or; Do I keep that for the next round because if my opponent does a reversal on my move on block I'll lose (1% health left)?
Of course I exagerated for the 1% left but you got the idea... I hope.

Last edited:

HappyPow

Noob
I agree. In most cases you are better off catching them in an attack with bs1 or throwing off their timing with feints and then punishing. React and punish works well too.

I find that I do best when I try to react, open them up with a quick poke, and then use the timing trickery of delaying my BS1 attacks. Depending on whether I want pure damage or continued pressure I will then BS4 or BS2, but it is a pretty basic formula all around.

What gets me is not the blocking, but the low pokes. An opponent that knows the timing can and will low poke out of just about anything Killer has, as his low and mid attack are both too slow to beat low pokes. Sometimes it is better to just go straight into BS1 without a starter, as quick low profile attacks beat all of Killers starters. :(
D3 BS1 makes your opponent respect the string coming after D3. It also catches people trying to counter poke or whatever, plus you'll get the spacing on block or a combo from BS1 MB.

Ghosty1981

Dog will hunt!
D3 BS1 makes your opponent respect the string coming after D3. It also catches people trying to counter poke or whatever, plus you'll get the spacing on block or a combo from BS1 MB.
d3 BS1 is easily blocked. Yes, it catches counterpokes, but an opponent that simply blocks after the d3 will repel the BS1. I know because the d3 poke into bs1 is one of my favorite moves. :)

Mixing it up with d3 bs2 is a decent answer, but bs2 is only ok most of the time. Getting blown up before or after bs2 really hurts, though. The bounce back from the blocked bs1 is safe, but it doesn't lead to an advantage for Killer.

Don't get me wrong, d3 bs1 is great, it just has easily exploitable weaknesses. This is as it should be, IMO. I bring it up not to complain, just to highlight the appropriate counters.

As I said, the real bane of Killer, aside from zoners, is the fast low poke. Killer has one of the best low pokes himself, but trying to get something going against someone that crouches without blocking and has a fast poke is a headache.

That said, Killer is my favorite along with Gunslinger. They make for a great complement to eachother. Don't mess with Texas!

HappyPow

Noob
D3 BS1 is great, Leatherface is also meant to use BS1 to get close anyway, he runs, doesn't need to use stamina etc....
If during your pressure, you are doing F12 BS1 4 cancel (3) F12 BS1 4 cancel (3) everytime then yeah they poke. If your are doing F12 BS1 on block (a Step back to whiff punis and block of course on reaction because it seems that I need to tell everything) BS1 on block (same thing as before) BS1 Cancale D3 BS1 etc... You will make them respect your stuff.
Then if it is you trying to press the buttons when you can't then I can't help you. I need to watch your games anyway to get what you mean but just keep in mind that your opponent is getting his own reads as well an sometimes it works Bacause it was a good read. They also can react ;)
And Leatherface is pretty good vs projectiles...

Ghosty1981

Dog will hunt!
D3 BS1 is great, Leatherface is also meant to use BS1 to get close anyway, he runs, doesn't need to use stamina etc....
If during your pressure, you are doing F12 BS1 4 cancel (3) F12 BS1 4 cancel (3) everytime then yeah they poke. If your are doing F12 BS1 on block (a Step back to whiff punis and block of course on reaction because it seems that I need to tell everything) BS1 on block (same thing as before) BS1 Cancale D3 BS1 etc... You will make them respect your stuff.
Then if it is you trying to press the buttons when you can't then I can't help you. I need to watch your games anyway to get what you mean but just keep in mind that your opponent is getting his own reads as well an sometimes it works Bacause it was a good read. They also can react ;)
And Leatherface is pretty good vs projectiles...
I use d3 BS1 all the time with great results, but it isn't difficult to react to and block if you know what you're doing.

If you get hit by d3 then just blocking is the best response. Killer might hit for another d3 for 2%, but in all likelyhood he's going for BS1 at some point. Once BS1 bounces of the block, Killer loses his pressure advantage. Killer can try to go low with s3 or bf3 after d3, but both are very slow.

If they decide to just block low Killer has the option of bs2, but releasing crouch is easy at the range d3 pushes them back on block, and then it is an easy punish.

Again, I'm not saying d3 BS1 is a bad tool at all, I use it all the time. I'm just saying that there are fairly simple and quick counters to d3 as there are only so many things Killer can do out of it. If they know to just block once hit by d3 the options really dry up, and can be heavily punished to boot.

The thing is, most people react to d3 by blocking, which just happens to be the best response. It's not that d3 bs1 is weak, it's that the quickest and most natural response happens to be the best one. If you get hit by one d3, block low and you will block the next move 90% of the time.

HappyPow

Noob
I use d3 BS1 all the time with great results, but it isn't difficult to react to and block if you know what you're doing.

If you get hit by d3 then just blocking is the best response. Killer might hit for another d3 for 2%, but in all likelyhood he's going for BS1 at some point. Once BS1 bounces of the block, Killer loses his pressure advantage. Killer can try to go low with s3 or bf3 after d3, but both are very slow.

If they decide to just block low Killer has the option of bs2, but releasing crouch is easy at the range d3 pushes them back on block, and then it is an easy punish.

Again, I'm not saying d3 BS1 is a bad tool at all, I use it all the time. I'm just saying that there are fairly simple and quick counters to d3 as there are only so many things Killer can do out of it. If they know to just block once hit by d3 the options really dry up, and can be heavily punished to boot.

The thing is, most people react to d3 by blocking, which just happens to be the best response. It's not that d3 bs1 is weak, it's that the quickest and most natural response happens to be the best one. If you get hit by one d3, block low and you will block the next move 90% of the time.
Huh loses the pressure advantage? At one point every characters lose "pressure advantage" (Thanks GOD).
1st Killer's doesn't have a real pressure anyway but he has that mind game that is really strong.
2nd You Can make everything safe with BS1 -8 with the best (or almost) pushback in the game.
3rd Killer is one of the characters with the best neutral game, situation gave by BS1.
4th Here is the thing, you can almost whiff punish every moves after BS1 just holding back and pressing F1 ; if your opponent loses just even 1 frame you can get the pressure back with F1/ BS1/ BS1 cancel into whatever you want (D3 being the fastest move, BS1 again to get back in the neutral game).
5th I've never said that D3 BS1 was connecting but I can assure that it is impossible to react to BS1 so if your opponent get hit by D3 and block BS1, then yeah I'm ok (What else so you want? You're back in the best state for Killer : Neutral game!) , but the most important happens when your opponent blocks that D3!
Mate, please, record your games and post it. Anyway it is a fighting game : "Reads" , "Answers" , "Highs", "Pokes"... They exist for both player (in general pokes are the fastest moves and the perfect answer to highs), you're not alone during your games -_-
If you are trying to respond to a -5 move by your 7high and your opponent reads it, then the character doesn't have to be blamed, you should blamed yourself especially if it happens everytime and you don't get that yet.
Anyway it has no point to argue on that here and I only labbed Leatherface 3hours and did 11games with him so I guess I'm wrong ;)

Last edited: