What's new

Killer Frost Vortex by Kombat Houston's Scar

They're going to nerf that. They have to. That literally looks like a first build character haha.
nah bro they shouldnt nerf it because its part of her trait, her trait allows her to juggle her opponent longer than normally which makes the damage output stronger and makes combos that were not possible, posssible.

Is it a true vortex? or can it be fuzzy guarded?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
me and cat tested it, u cant fuzzy guard, u have to guess.

@ KT her trait is activated for more juggle opportunity and damage output, without it, it wouldnt be possible to extend a combo for that period of time.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Without it the consecutive U3s wont connect
I understand that, I mean regarding the vortex. Seems like you don't need the trait to end a combo with MB Freeze, let them thaw and hit them with a safe, meaty mix up into another (non-trait) combo. (also @Scar)

+1 for Chthonic av, btw.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Slide is 15 frame startup and f+3 is 19 so it'd be very difficult to fuzzy guard. Plus she has b+1, u+3 as a low and you're in a position to do the 50-50 with any timing you choose. Eventually at the highest level a lot of the game's 50/50 will be fizzyable but hers will always be good.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I understand that, I mean regarding the vortex. Seems like you don't need the trait to end a combo with MB Freeze, let them thaw and hit them with a safe, meaty mix up into another (non-trait) combo. (also @Scar)

+1 for Chthonic av, btw.

You don't but without using trait she's sacrificing a lot of damage by cutting the first combo short instead of doing freeze jump 2, f+1,1,3~daggers. The beauty of this is that even though you're ending the combo at the half point you can make it up with the juicy trait combo if they guess wrong.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
nah bro they shouldnt nerf it because its part of her trait, her trait allows her to juggle her opponent longer than normally which makes the damage output stronger and makes combos that were not possible, posssible.
I gotcha. It just reminded me of that Russian tournament with the very first build where everyone played the flash and spammed the same string over and over and over and it worked. Haha

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Written by: KH Scar
Quick Break Down: Basically this is after ending a combo with MB flash freeze, as u know KF trait is very deadly when activated, i almost never use her trait nakedly you always want to have ur opponent in flash freeze state before u finalize the activation, from MB flash freeze state u can make them guess with these following options

Killer Frost MB Flash Freeze Vortex Options:
---------------------------------------------------------
Glaze: which has an 19 frame start-up, and -5 on block
Black Ice (The Slide) -4 on block
F2,3- Overhead (-3 on block)
F2 Into Slide (-4 on block)
Cross Up Jump into F2, 3, F2 slide, or CJK into universal overhead, Or simply a throw

Now once u finalze ur activation of the (Freezing Cold) trait while ur opponent is in MB flash freeze state, the first guessing game with the above options are crucial because if they guess wrong with overhead, or slide they can easily eat a max of 50% with Glacier Kicks....I like to call it (The Ride) lol

To Give u an idea of what this looks like heres the video, if anyone has something they want to add feel free...

what would be the universal overhead

Vortex my ass.

This is brain-dead offense.
ur the one whos brain dead...it might seem like to u, until someone actually catches ur ass in it, lets see how brain dead it is then, if ur gonna hate on the tech instead of contributing i suggest u not post here, wit ur hatin ass.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
ur the one whos brain dead...it might seem like to u, until someone actually catches ur ass in it, lets see how brain dead it is then, if ur gonna hate on the tech instead of contributing i suggest u not post here, wit ur hatin ass.
I am not hating. I am just commenting on what I am seeing.

A vortex implies some kind of sophisticated mix ups. While your technology is definitely going to be effective, it is no vortex. It is just a simple 50/50 mix ups between a safe overhead and slide.

I am not hating. I am just commenting on what I am seeing.

A vortex implies some kind of sophisticated mix ups. While your technology is definitely going to be effective, it is no vortex. It is just a simple 50/50 mix ups between a safe overhead and slide.
That makes no sense so are gonna sit here and tell me scorpions vortex was not actually a vortex? Just because something is safe doesnt make it less of a vortex, this consists of high and lows that ( if caught) resets u into the same position and makes u guess all over again, not to mention from MB flash freeze she has tons of options for mind games, so i dont see the non sophistically in it, the mix ups and cross up mind games are there...

wait...u can combo that into f3? o-0
no f3 doesnt combo but if the cross up jump kick connects ur opponent has to respect the follow up attack which will be f3, because most likely since is KF ur opponent will be blocking low out of fear of the slide, so f3 has a good chance of connecting because of its speed, from f3 u can follow up with an combo.

Death

Noob
How else should she pressure exactly?
What? So she needs a fast advancing low that launches and is safe on block to pressure? Not to mention the whiff punishing capablities it has as well. And im the downplayer? lol