What's new

Killer Frost Vortex by Kombat Houston's Scar

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Written by: KH Scar
Quick Break Down: Basically this is after ending a combo with MB flash freeze, as u know KF trait is very deadly when activated, i almost never use her trait nakedly you always want to have ur opponent in flash freeze state before u finalize the activation, from MB flash freeze state u can make them guess with these following options

Killer Frost MB Flash Freeze Vortex Options:
---------------------------------------------------------
Glaze: which has an 19 frame start-up, and -5 on block
Black Ice (The Slide) -4 on block
F2,3- Overhead (-3 on block)
F2 Into Slide (-4 on block)
Cross Up Jump into F2, 3, F2 slide, or CJK into universal overhead, Or simply a throw

Now once u finalze ur activation of the (Freezing Cold) trait while ur opponent is in MB flash freeze state, the first guessing game with the above options are crucial because if they guess wrong with overhead, or slide they can easily eat a max of 50% with Glacier Kicks....I like to call it (The Ride) lol

To Give u an idea of what this looks like heres the video, if anyone has something they want to add feel free...

This is clever. However unless I'm missing something I don't understand why you'd do any other mixup than f+3/slide or b+1,u+3. Like why would you do f+2,3?
i tend to do f+2,3 because 1 its an overhead, 2 it splats the opponent, so say (and this is situational) if u have ur opponent in the corner and you have them in vortex and they they get hit with f+2,3 if timed right it sets up perfect opportunity for an crossup up jk, if it doesnt hit ur still pretty much safe on block, im not saying u have to use this but the option is there, everyone has their own play style but we all should know we have to use almost every strength our character has to keep the advantage, its no different from skarlets b1 f3, risky but his no one expects that string. F2 in general with killerfrost sets up an overhead or low option with the slide, if they get hit with the overhead the splat gives u enough time to set up another f2 mixup option if they wakeup block, so usually i would condition my opponent like this since everyone is scared of slide.

F2,3 (splat) F2,3 (splat), F2 then (BAM!) i throw a slide into the string because i caught them twice with f2,3, now they eat a 30+combo, F2 in general sets up a guessing game my friend.

Vagrant

Noob
Holy mother of fuck... Between the shit Scar and 16bit have been cooking up with this cold hard bitch.....

I gotta hit the lab with her tonight. She looks mad fun.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Unless you use standing 1 after a jump 3, your opponent can backdash out or super you before any other attack because there is very little frame advantage on any of her jumping attacks. Jump 1 and 2 are hella negative.

Good stuff though. I've been using trait build then vortex after MB grab because they are stuck there forever.

One thing to note though... does Frost's trait go away on a pushblock like Batman's bats do?

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I'm away from the game so I can't see anything but the interesting question is if it's better to do my standing reset where the first combo does 40% or this where ending in MB grab and letting me thaw loses out on the jump 2, f+1,1.3~daggers damage? It'll depend on how much extra damage the trait combos do and how much she can end up doing without. The nice thing about this regardless is that they can't mb b+3 the followup.

I'm away from the game so I can't see anything but the interesting question is if it's better to do my standing reset where the first combo does 40% or this where ending in MB grab and letting me thaw loses out on the jump 2, f+1,1.3~daggers damage? It'll depend on how much extra damage the trait combos do and how much she can end up doing without. The nice thing about this regardless is that they can't mb b+3 the followup.
Max damage u can cook up with her trait is 56 percent i believe but its kind of hard to push it that far, but with trait u can easily surpass 40% within a combo, to more specifically answer ur question 16 bit, making a decision like that all depends on the quality of the blocking ability of ur opponent, if he has been making good reads then by all means keep it safe with ur 40% dagger reset, but if he has been making more wrong guesses, then u can activate mb flash freeze and go into trait for an even more harder punish with more damage when he guesses wrong. Keep in mind with trait activated u can extend the damage she does, PLUS u can put them back into another MB flash freeze and reset the situation all over again for even MORE damage like in the video which is why this is so good.

kinda difficult to determine if your trait meter is 99% full, so you can do MB command freeze~ trait ~ f3, U3(til opponent cries)

It'd be a helluva lot easier if you charge the trait meter up fully an an icon pops up showing its full, and u hit the trait button again to activate it

kinda difficult to determine if your trait meter is 99% full, so you can do MB command freeze~ trait ~ f3, U3(til opponent cries)

It'd be a helluva lot easier if you charge the trait meter up fully an an icon pops up showing its full, and u hit the trait button again to activate it
you basically just suggested something that was already in the main post...

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
With trait active, slide, u3, u3, u3, u3, u3, u3, u3, 22~freeze, nj2, f113~daggers does 61%. Might be the most swag combo in this game. This tech is godlike.

9_Lives

Noob
I want to see someone make a video montage of them killing people with this vortex while the character select song from UMVC2 is playing. "I'm gonna take you for a ride!"

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Is it a true vortex? or can it be fuzzy guarded?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
why does trait need to be activated for this? or does that just make it more damaging