What's new

Killer Frost official v1.05 notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

cirkusfreaksho

All in a day's work
I haven't tried B3 after MB spike I usually just complete my trait right after the spike and go into the U3's
theres more time to activate trait after a b3 early in combo but i cant get it to work after patch.. for example b4 the patch i could do f113 into mb spike , b3 activate trait, slide, u3,u3,u3....but now its either not possible or u have a few frames to get it.

theres more time to activate trait after a b3 early in combo but i cant get it to work after patch.. for example b4 the patch i could do f113 into mb spike , b3 activate trait, slide, u3,u3,u3....but now its either not possible or u have a few frames to get it.
Oh I tend to do the trait combo after a Slide or an F3

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Is it just me, or does Frost's Trait activation seem like it has even more recovery than the nerf she got? It feels like it.

angelbless

Sorrow
Just came back .. so guys, you that have tested the patch ... is no longer possible to do the for example, slide,u3..2,2 DBF(MB)2 into J2 F1,1,2, 4 into 50/50?? or only the traits which went around combos of 60% were nerfed?

angelbless

Sorrow
no more 50/50 off of f1124......j2 2 works
oh my... yep, finally downloaded the patch and tested it :( it no longer works. Didnt try J2 2 though, thxs for that...

I really didnt see the point for nerfing KF, I mean, yes her 50/50 was kinda annoying for some but the slide was very punishable, no need to for the damage sacaling thing IMO. Anyway, doing this change just b4 Evo was very bad for KFs players (me included).

Maybe (although I didnt want it) I will have to try Scorpion, like many others? :S

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
oh my... yep, finally downloaded the patch and tested it :( it no longer works. Didnt try J2 2 though, thxs for that...

I really didnt see the point for nerfing KF, I mean, yes her 50/50 was kinda annoying for some but the slide was very punishable, no need to for the damage sacaling thing IMO. Anyway, doing this change just b4 Evo was very bad for KFs players (me included).

Maybe (although I didnt want it) I will have to try Scorpion, like many others? :S
I main her and even I admit that being put in a safe 50/50 on block or hit was pretty messed up. She's still top, but we actually have to open people up now, which I think will improve our character meta in the long run. Just my opinion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

angelbless

Sorrow
I main her and even I admit that being put in a safe 50/50 on block or hit was pretty messed up. She's still top, but we actually have to open people up now, which I think will improve our character meta in the long run. Just my opinion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
I really hope you are right :).

Btw you main Batman too? :eek:

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
I really hope you are right :).

Btw you main Batman too? :eek:
Yes sir, I do. :)

Here's the thing about the trait cancels, IMO.

Before the patch, if she TOUCHED you...on block or hit..you were in the vortex. Immediately. I'm not saying I didn't use the dirt when it was there, but I did feel pretty damn cheap using it. Play to win, sure. But coming from who I mained in MK9, I honestly don't mind working to open people up. And I think, now, Frost's legit mind games will come more into play. I also believe that we will now evolve into finding more legit uses for trait and better setups in which to charge it and land a slide and take 60% before resetting dat ass. We might also have to *gasp* zone now.

I think nothing but good can come of this with respect to evolving Frost into a more well rounded character, rather than a 'yo dawg, Im in your face now...GG' I think the tears are pretty unwarranted. She is still an absolutely retarded character, we were just spoiled by getting enough frame advantage to set up a safe 50/50 in any situation. Not to mention, I like the bitch-slap animation of standing 2 :) To me it looks like shes slapping you, saying 'BITCH, now you get to guess'. Love it. Sorry for rambling, but I just wanted to put my opinion out there. She's still top, and I think we will all become better players by utilizing more of her tools that we nullified by getting free 50/50s all day every day.

angelbless

Sorrow
Yes sir, I do. :)

Here's the thing about the trait cancels, IMO.

Before the patch, if she TOUCHED you...on block or hit..you were in the vortex. Immediately. I'm not saying I didn't use the dirt when it was there, but I did feel pretty damn cheap using it. Play to win, sure. But coming from who I mained in MK9, I honestly don't mind working to open people up. And I think, now, Frost's legit mind games will come more into play. I also believe that we will now evolve into finding more legit uses for trait and better setups in which to charge it and land a slide and take 60% before resetting dat ass. We might also have to *gasp* zone now.

I think nothing but good can come of this with respect to evolving Frost into a more well rounded character, rather than a 'yo dawg, Im in your face now...GG' I think the tears are pretty unwarranted. She is still an absolutely retarded character, we were just spoiled by getting enough frame advantage to set up a safe 50/50 in any situation. Not to mention, I like the bitch-slap animation of standing 2 :) To me it looks like shes slapping you, saying 'BITCH, now you get to guess'. Love it. Sorry for rambling, but I just wanted to put my opinion out there. She's still top, and I think we will all become better players by utilizing more of her tools that we nullified by getting free 50/50s all day every day.
:D! That a very optimistic way to analyze this change! I really like what you say, and you r right, sometimes it felt too cheap to do the 50/50s all day. I t will be interesting to get most of the character with an even deeper training and use of the entire repertory of attacks :)

Im not a fan of zoning thats the only thing I wouldnt want to achieve :(. Yep, sometimes we have to play to win, specially in competitions...but with some characters, it feels even worst than the KFs trait IMHO (deathstroke for example) :(

So which character do you use in mk?! :eek: you got my attention there. KL? :eek:

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
:D! That a very optimistic way to analyze this change! I really like what you say, and you r right, sometimes it felt too cheap to do the 50/50s all day. I t will be interesting to get most of the character with an even deeper training and use of the entire repertory of attacks :)

Im not a fan of zoning thats the only thing I wouldnt want to achieve :(. Yep, sometimes we have to play to win, specially in competitions...but with some characters, it feels even worst than the KFs trait IMHO (deathstroke for example) :(

So which character do you use in mk?! :eek: you got my attention there. KL? :eek:
LoL No.

Sub and Scorpion. They teach you to enjoy working for the wins you get lol. Especially in tournament when it nothing but KL, JC, KuhBawl, Cyrax etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.