What's new

Killer Frost official v1.05 notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Yeah the meterless vortex has been working well for me at Console Combat. Nice wrinkle. Not sure if the one you found is the same as the one I am using though.

Dash under a U3 into: b1 slide/ f3/cross up j3/neutral j3 slide
Delay dash after a U3 into: b1 slide/f3/cross up j3/neutral j3 slide

Is that what you are doing also
Yea that one. I mentioned it to you and bit a while ago during the whole "meaty" phase. Was doing it way before that.

I just do the b1slide or f3 tho. I need to start messing with the jump stuff. Is it good?

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Yea that one. I mentioned it to you and bit a while ago during the whole "meaty" phase. Was doing it way before that.

I just do the b1slide or f3 tho. I need to start messing with the jump stuff. Is it good?
People were really getting annoyed by it last Thursday during offline casuals. I played mostly Batgirl but when I went to Frost it was working really well. I would even tell people they just need to block it or wake up out of it and it was still giving them problems when I decided to mix it in.

I think it is nice because it kind of screws with people's inputs even more and even if you get hit with a wake up, it might not do much damage or just has different properties since it will hit in the air.

RiBBz22

Yeah, it doesn't affect her core game at all really... however, the TA combos got nerfed along with it, but I think I can salvage that with another method.

Now we have to use standing 3 by itself without the trait cancel ^_^
It depends if the recovery is added when the trait activates. Hopefully the -10 just applies to cancelling mid-charge.

-LD50-

In a relationship with Killer Frost
It depends if the recovery is added when the trait activates. Hopefully the -10 just applies to cancelling mid-charge.

i have a feeling NRS isnt smart enough / isnt mindful of KF enough to have made it only kick in when cancelled mid-charge... but hoping for the best

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Well u3 is 15f and standing 2 is 9f. With the 10 frame nerf, I am fairly confident that you will be able to do 2~slide after the TA and only lose a bit of damage.

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
Yeah the meterless vortex has been working well for me at Console Combat. Nice wrinkle. Not sure if the one you found is the same as the one I am using though.

Dash under a U3 into: b1 slide/ f3/cross up j3/neutral j3 slide
Delay dash after a U3 into: b1 slide/f3/cross up j3/neutral j3 slide

Is that what you are doing also
Won't b1 slide or f3 get blown up by wakeup attacks? I don't understand the concept of meaty. If I use an unarmored attack while somebody uses a wakeup attack, shouldn't my move get beat?

RiBBz22

Won't b1 slide or f3 get blown up by wakeup attacks? I don't understand the concept of meaty. If I use an unarmored attack while somebody uses a wakeup attack, shouldn't my move get beat?
Yes they will get beat by wakeups unless you possible do a MB f3. Trust me though, this is good tech and it has been REALLY REALLY working for me when I decide to throw it out. This is mostly because depending on how you time your dash you will be on one side of them or the other so it has the potential to cross up your opponent's inputs.

I really like the dash through cross up j3 or delayed dash j3 into slide. It is a quick overhead to low link that is hard to block.

RiBBz22

Oh, and meaty basically refers to gaining greater frame advantage off of a move that you hit someone with when it is close to the end of it's active frames.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Yeah don't worry about the actual issues with the character NRS. Just scale damage instead of adjusting vortexes. Asshats.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Yes they will get beat by wakeups unless you possible do a MB f3. Trust me though, this is good tech and it has been REALLY REALLY working for me when I decide to throw it out. This is mostly because depending on how you time your dash you will be on one side of them or the other so it has the potential to cross up your opponent's inputs.

I really like the dash through cross up j3 or delayed dash j3 into slide. It is a quick overhead to low link that is hard to block.
Actually, b1 slide beats certain wakeups. Not all wakeups will beat b1 slide. WW can't wake up at all, lobo can't wake up, bane can't wake up..there's quite a few lol.

RiBBz22

Actually, b1 slide beats certain wakeups. Not all wakeups will beat b1 slide. WW can't wake up at all, lobo can't wake up, bane can't wake up..there's quite a few lol.
Yeah if timed right b1 slide will beat some wake ups. LBSH Bane can't do anything against KF... It will get better for him now that she can't parry that stupid 700 frame startup charge.

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
Oh, and meaty basically refers to gaining greater frame advantage off of a move that you hit someone with when it is close to the end of it's active frames.

Please explain further. So frame advantage on hit varies by "meatiness?" and meatiness refers to when a move is done? Confused here.

Specifically, can we use b1-slide on someone's wakeup for an example of meatiness?

xKhaoTik as well

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Yeah if timed right b1 slide will beat some wake ups. LBSH Bane can't do anything against KF... It will get better for him now that she can't parry that stupid 700 frame startup charge.
Unless it breaks armor, we can still mb f/b3 that shit for 50% lol

Status
Not open for further replies.