What's new

Killer Frost official v1.05 notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I just hope on trait activation we are not -10 additional frames. That would kill all the trait setups involving activation during the MB Iceberg.

KingOko

Was it good for you?
The question is, will we still be able to cancel strings into trait and STILL get the 50/50 mixup?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
The question is, will we still be able to cancel strings into trait and STILL get the 50/50 mixup?
The most advantage move she has with trait will be 3~4 and it's +10 so every character in the game can jump back and avoid f3 and full combo the slide... so I would say no. We have to find another way to keep them grounded which will open them up to the vortex.

I don't know about anyone else, but I will be using standing 2 to end my combos which will still be +22 unless they fucked that move too...

RiBBz22

The most advantage move she has with trait will be 3~4 and it's +10 so every character in the game can jump back and avoid f3 and full combo the slide... so I would say no. We have to find another way to keep them grounded which will open them up to the vortex.

I don't know about anyone else, but I will be using standing 2 to end my combos which will still be +22 unless they fucked that move too...
yeah use j22 and you are at +22

-LD50-

In a relationship with Killer Frost
Yeah j22 is completely fine and only 3% less. And the block string vortex needed to go

but i dont get why they would fuck with her damage on top of that

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Yeah I'm gunna be doing the same thing. Also, if you know people want to jump out of the vortex you can just J2 them into slide back into the vortex.

KingOko

Was it good for you?
Yeah I'm gunna be doing the same thing. Also, if you know people want to jump out of the vortex you can just J2 them into slide back into the vortex.

So it's kinda like a jumping vortex? But that jump read IMO won't be that good with air to air trades.

They took away what made Killer Frost, Killer Frost.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
So it's kinda like a jumping vortex? But that jump read IMO won't be that good with air to air trades.

They took away what made Killer Frost, Killer Frost.

It depends if someone jumps back and aerials. I've been doing it to people when I get reads, it's not extremely reliable though.

Dizz_88

Noob
Does anybody know what frame advantage Killer Frost has after F112~4 on hit? I've heard that it was around +30 before, so I'm thinking its around +20 now.

kappie.wp

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'll wait until the patch before making any decisions or comments on the nerfs. People will always come up with new tech man. I just hoping the scaling isn't too much.

cirkusfreaksho

All in a day's work

ive been using standng 2 also for weeks now. I dont think that will change. i think it will be smart to also start ending combos with dagger throw or 1,3 to allow us to charge up trait and set up situations into trait activation into more damaging combos.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
The Nerf isn't even huge lol.

I can care less about the damage Nerf. Damage adds up anyways. Look at batgirl. Now instead of killing with two combos, she has to do 3+ combos. not bad at all. Given all the tools she has, this was a reasonable nerf.

Now for trait cancels. Everyone thinks she's gonna suck now since she doesn't have it, but that's so far from the truth lol. 10f more recovery isn't hurting her at all. Right now, she can get +15 with 1114 and +20 with 34. After the patch, 1114 will be +5 and 34 will be +10, meaning she still has frame traps to work with. She just won't get a free 50/50 on a block string anymore, but the trade off is frame traps will create mind games. Also, remember she can cancel her strings into mbf3. So 111slide/mbf3 will be a huge guessing game now and it will be no consequence for frost. When it comes to the reset into vortex, she still has it, so no worries about that.

I HIGHLY suggest you guys get familiar with the meterless vortex I found. Its retarded lol.

All in all, frost is fine and still the same character. Still top 5 IMO.

RiBBz22

The Nerf isn't even huge lol.

I can care less about the damage Nerf. Damage adds up anyways. Look at batgirl. Now instead of killing with two combos, she has to do 3+ combos. not bad at all. Given all the tools she has, this was a reasonable nerf.

Now for trait cancels. Everyone thinks she's gonna suck now since she doesn't have it, but that's so far from the truth lol. 10f more recovery isn't hurting her at all. Right now, she can get +15 with 1114 and +20 with 34. After the patch, 1114 will be +5 and 34 will be +10, meaning she still has frame traps to work with. She just won't get a free 50/50 on a block string anymore, but the trade off is frame traps will create mind games. Also, remember she can cancel her strings into mbf3. So 111slide/mbf3 will be a huge guessing game now and it will be no consequence for frost. When it comes to the reset into vortex, she still has it, so no worries about that.

I HIGHLY suggest you guys get familiar with the meterless vortex I found. Its retarded lol.

All in all, frost is fine and still the same character. Still top 5 IMO.
Yeah the meterless vortex has been working well for me at Console Combat. Nice wrinkle. Not sure if the one you found is the same as the one I am using though.

Dash under a U3 into: b1 slide/ f3/cross up j3/neutral j3 slide
Delay dash after a U3 into: b1 slide/f3/cross up j3/neutral j3 slide

Is that what you are doing also

Status
Not open for further replies.