What's new

Match-up Discussion KILLER FROST - Official Community Match-Up Discussion

LionHeart

Whisper within a sigh
There's no difference between 22 and 3 (except for positioning) but I find 3~db2 easier to hit.

Your first combo didn't have the 2 inbetween the u3s, that's the only real difference between the two combos tbh.
Yeah, I sometimes omit 2 depending on height to be more consistent.

Thanks for your reply!

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
A 20 game set between HoneyBee and myself. I got to practice the match-up with him offline at UFGT and this was my first time playing him since then. I'm still a choke artist but the set was one of the funnest I've played on Live. Final score was something like 8 me - 12 him.

Comments, criticisms, props, whatever. Have at it.

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
A 20 game set between HoneyBee and myself. I got to practice the match-up with him offline at UFGT and this was my first time playing him since then. I'm still a choke artist but the set was one of the funnest I've played on Live. Final score was something like 8 me - 12 him.

Comments, criticisms, props, whatever. Have at it.
Good show! I like the B2 set ups into 50/50. Dirty!

Hey asking my fellow KF players for advice on taking on Black Adam cus if push comes to shove I have a pocket MMH. need advice soon for my pools at CEO today around 10am

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Hey asking my fellow KF players for advice on taking on Black Adam cus if push comes to shove I have a pocket MMH. need advice soon for my pools at CEO today around 10am
How bad does MMH beat Black Adam? I think KF BA is pretty close to a 5-5, might be slightly in BA's favor.

Ba? Mbf3 works amazing to anti air him. Throw in random b2 and d2. Also you can parry the hell out of him. Just be patient. Its 5-5 imo. Id rather face ba with frost than zod bane hg or wowo.

kyle ogden

RM | BLT KO_KID
What do you guys do against Superman's air laser he controls so much of the match because of them. Especially at full screen

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
What do you guys do against Superman's air laser he controls so much of the match because of them. Especially at full screen
PATIENCE. At full screen it's tough. I like to jump in and then air-dash back if he has me at full screen with a lot of meter just to try and get him to MB them. If he has no meter its much easier. At full screen you can jump in when he starts the sweeping laser to get over them. At the right distance, he's left open to a slide punish on his way down from his eye lasers unless he MB's them.

If you're stuck at full screen and need to close the distance, I find the best route is to wait until he does a non MB air version, then toss daggers back. He'll have time to block them, but it tends to keep them locked down crouching under the daggers, and you can get 2 dashes in right behind the daggers before he has time to get any more lasers out.

Spammy SM can be a big headache. I also have some difficulty trying to get in against a good one. Once you do, you better make it count!

kyle ogden

RM | BLT KO_KID
PATIENCE. At full screen it's tough. I like to jump in and then air-dash back if he has me at full screen with a lot of meter just to try and get him to MB them. If he has no meter its much easier. At full screen you can jump in when he starts the sweeping laser to get over them. At the right distance, he's left open to a slide punish on his way down from his eye lasers unless he MB's them.

If you're stuck at full screen and need to close the distance, I find the best route is to wait until he does a non MB air version, then toss daggers back. He'll have time to block them, but it tends to keep them locked down crouching under the daggers, and you can get 2 dashes in right behind the daggers before he has time to get any more lasers out.

Spammy SM can be a big headache. I also have some difficulty trying to get in against a good one. Once you do, you better make it count!
thanks dude it is very hard!!!

RiBBz22

thanks dude it is very hard!!!
Yeah you pretty much have to do the same stuff that everyone else does against him. At least we have an air dash we can use to escape both versions of the lasers. Unfortunately since heat zap catches us, we just have to be patient and wait for them to do something stupid when you do get in because Frost has a really good advantage up close IMO. Parry makes him take some pretty big risks with his lows, as well as un-safe wakeups. After a knockdown, the only projectile he can stuff slide with is a meter burn heat vision so just be aware of that before you just try to slide your way in.

kyle ogden

RM | BLT KO_KID
Yeah you pretty much have to do the same stuff that everyone else does against him. At least we have an air dash we can use to escape both versions of the lasers. Unfortunately since heat zap catches us, we just have to be patient and wait for them to do something stupid when you do get in because Frost has a really good advantage up close IMO. Parry makes him take some pretty big risks with his lows, as well as un-safe wakeups. After a knockdown, the only projectile he can stuff slide with is a meter burn heat vision so just be aware of that before you just try to slide your way in.
Yea what i found best was to bait his f23 just to parry im doing better with it thanks

kyle ogden

RM | BLT KO_KID
i also don't know, But did you guys know that against bane if you know hes going to command grab on hard know down wake up slide prevents the grab to connect

The_Furax

I accept nothing. Nothing is inevitable.

Yeah, SM better deal with Frost at full screen. When she gets in SM, it gets a little bit easier to Frost to manage the fight, but of course this match is 5-5 no question.

RiBBz22

Anyone got any tips for the superman mu? I'm new to killer frost and I am struggling.
There are some tips above, but you have to learn how to deal with his lasers first. Make him respect your parry in footsie range which will force him to go for more of his un-safe options that you can punish. Once you get a knockdown you can bully him pretty bad on wakeup because almost nothing he can do is safe or a really good option.

hunchy

Professional Drunk
There are some tips above, but you have to learn how to deal with his lasers first. Make him respect your parry in footsie range which will force him to go for more of his un-safe options that you can punish. Once you get a knockdown you can bully him pretty bad on wakeup because almost nothing he can do is safe or a really good option.
I see, thank you for your advice.

Last edited:

hunchy

Professional Drunk
In which match ups can killer frost slide on block and then parry if the opponent decides to poke with d1?