What's new

Match-up Discussion Killer Frost In-Depth Analysis for Match-Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
If every match we've ever played is any indication, Mr. Brian main man, I don't blame you for thinking she's bottom 5
If you believe that winning because delayed mb f3ing on your predictable wakeup slides trade in online play means you are definitively better, you are sadly mistaken

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
If you believe that winning because delayed mb f3ing on your predictable wakeup slides trade in online play means you are definitively better, you are sadly mistaken
If you believe I even knew how to play Injustice efficiently the 5+ months ago we played, you are sadly mistaken.

Rickyraws

You are sooo sadly mistaken, that you led Qwark to believe Killer Frost vs Joker was 5-5
Alright, let me just clarify before this gets out of hand: It may not have been obvious, I felt it was due to the liberal use of gifs and the fact that I threaten your livelihood in just about every one of your posts: I'm kidding. I'm giving you a hard time. I don't even know if you play Killer Frost anymore or not.

And in terms of MU numbers, I will reiterate what I've posted on other forums in the past:
I typically stay out of committing to MU numbers outside of giving a general idea because I go by the philosophy of practicality as opposed to theory crafting. I don't take the fact that I've beaten someone so many times, or have relative ease fighting a character as an indication that my character beats theirs, but I take that with the consideration of both character's tools, whether or not my opponent utilized them etc. so in essence, theory crafting while still taking such into practice and taking other things into account.

As a result, if you can find a match up number I posted for the Joker MU, please feel free to let me know.
And if you'd like to see how our MU goes, we can 1v1 in real life.

Alright, let me just clarify before this gets out of hand: It may not have been obvious, I felt it was due to the liberal use of gifs and the fact that I threaten your livelihood in just about every one of your posts: I'm kidding. I'm giving you a hard time. I don't even know if you play Killer Frost anymore or not.
I'm not. I've also played Myles. He's impatient, predictable, and inconsistent. Basically the three things you absolutely need to play KF. I know exactly why he thinks KF isn't very good.

If anyone else is wondering where his KF hate is coming from, play him in a few matches and you'll see pretty fast.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I fought REO's Killer Frost and he beat me.

xKhaoTik uses Killer Frost as though she were Kitana - defensive and calculated. But Killer Frost should be played nothing like that, at least in the Zod match up. You must get in and get the 50/50 mix ups started. You will not win if you do not.

Can we play tonight? I wanna try the aggressive (and calculated) style against zod

Rickyraws

I'll try to be on. I've been playing on XBL a lot recently because I just purchased an X Box 360.
Sweet!It would seem you have followed in the ways of Mr. Tom Brady, albeit his time with it is going to be shortlived, unfortunately.

Would you like to play sometime? I need Zod experience.

yea i saw what you said after playing reo

he plays it 100% the best from my exp

could be a 5-5 after playing him
It's weird because we're used to exercising patience. It's required against a lot of the other top tiers. But what you say about needing to rush him down to stop trait from wrecking makes sense.

cR_whiteboi

Jobbers are mouthpieces for gods.
Any frost on xbl? I really wanna learn the DD vs frost Mu, even if It must be online. My Gt is TmWhiteBoi.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Been kinda quiet here. Whats up?
I might post a video soon of some gimmicky setups I use sometimes that have been working a ton online now that I have been playing again. Some of them are probably used already, but it might help people to see a video I suppose.

RiBBz22

Zod's force push is safe, correct? Is that his only safe option after his crouching 1 2 punch? Because from what I remember, ground laser and rifle shots always get beat out when I play a Zod. Even with delayed uppercuts.
His force push is -1 on block. It is an excellent move. m2dave was using it alot as a post slide option and the only thing you can do about it after a slide is block it or armor/111/d1 punish it on a read.

RiBBz22

xKhaoTik Konqrr Rickyraws RunwayMafia ApocaLips

Quick rant...The thing I hate about big matchup threads is that it is so hard to find good information that is character specific...

Does anyone have any ideas where we could have some sort of MU discussion where all of the information for each character is in its own place?... Aside from making a thread for every single character because I think that would become way too cluttered.

Ideas??

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
RiBBz22 Like other character matchup threads, informational posts are copied and pasted into a "spoiler" tag with the information. About 5-6 characters can be consolidated into one thread near the OP. So a new thread should be created and the first 4-5 posts need to be reserved.

Something like this:
Aquaman
MU info vs Aquaman from Khao (link to original post)

MU info vs Aquaman from Ribbz (link to original post)

etc, etc

(1) Make a matchups sub-forum within the KF character forum

(2) Collect the relevant conversation bits and copy/paste them into a spoiler in the OP

Rickyraws

xKhaoTik Konqrr Rickyraws RunwayMafia ApocaLips

Quick rant...The thing I hate about big matchup threads is that it is so hard to find good information that is character specific...

Does anyone have any ideas where we could have some sort of MU discussion where all of the information for each character is in its own place?... Aside from making a thread for every single character because I think that would become way too cluttered.

Ideas??
I think one of the more practical things to do would be to make a MU thread where each of the MU numbers and comments is listed, and pertinent discussion/ information is referenced. For instance, in the case of an existing MU thread it would be as such:

Solomon Grundy: 9-1
Comments: His inability to deal with bladdy blah ultimately gives him few options to oppose the blah blah pressure.
See: Post #233, #181, #111, see page 13
Inquiry: Iluvegrundy116 (Grundy player) Frost4lyfe(Says he's very familiar with the MU) Googoogah96( Top 8 placer)
(The inquiry is for any questions/ discussions to take place. Tag said members. Any new developments can be noted and added in an updated OP)

Sinestro: 10-0
Comments: He sucks because he sucks
See: Post #152 #111 #644 see: Discussion between Sinestrolover933 and IsuckbcIuseSinestro1985
Inquiry: See Woundcowboy, Reference to MU in Sinestro forums thread name: "Blah" post number #115

etc.

Or something to that regard. In essence, the OP is the most simple part of the thread, but is crucial because it's constantly updated and works as sort of a hub for relevant information. The rest of the thread is where the discussion is, but can be weeded out through the referencing system. Might take some work but I'm sure we can all help.

RiBBz22

Sounds good. I will rip off the one that is already posted in the MMH forums and we can use that as a base. I am going to un-sticky this thread and put the new one in its place. If anyone wants to volunteer to scan this forum for pertanent MU info that we would want to put in the spoiler sections just let me know by PM or within the new MU thread and we can add it.

Status
Not open for further replies.