What's new

Breakthrough Killer Frost 33/33/33 Vortex

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
They definitely cannot get out I tried recording with kf and superman and I could not super out of it.
They can't get out of an instant j3, but they can get out of the delayed j3, which is what you need to continue the vortex. They can backdash (under frost) or just block on reaction.

Vocket

Day 1 Phenomenal Teth-Adam Player
They can't get out of an instant j3, but they can get out of the delayed j3, which is what you need to continue the vortex. They can backdash (under frost) or just block on reaction.
No they cannot. I recorded frost doing delayed j3 into d1 slide and put AI to play it back.. I as superman could not interrupt with super or backdash. The 22 frames of advantage j2 gives is too much

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
No they cannot. I recorded frost doing delayed j3 into d1 slide and put AI to play it back.. I as superman could not interrupt with super or backdash. The 22 frames of advantage j2 gives is too much
Okay, I believe you. But there is definitely a point where they can dash under if you delay the j3 too much. I think that is besides the point though because the delayed j3 is still easily blockable on reaction.

Error404

Noob
If you do an air-dash really fast and press 3 the actual j3 becomes much faster , seriously watch the replay of khaotik vs kdz at summer jam 7 . Khaotic hit him with atleast twice.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
If you do an air-dash really fast and press 3 the actual j3 becomes much faster , seriously watch the replay of khaotik vs kdz at summer jam 7 . Khaotic hit him with atleast twice.
Add the jump frames, the air dash frames, and the frames it takes for j3 to become active... way more than 20 = not faster.

Vocket

I dont see the point in this at all...
More options off the vortex is better? Even to those who say they can react I say you could at least use this once in a blue moon to trip up your opponent who is expecting only slide and f3.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
More options off the vortex is better? Even to those who say they can react I say you could at least use this once in a blue moon to trip up your opponent who is expecting only slide and f3.

I do agree with using it once in a blue moon.

But when it comes down to it, this isn't as good as you may think. The 50/50 itself is already near impossible to react to, but now you're adding a jump. Yes, it will trip some people up, but after you use that, the opponent will be looking for a jump, thus eliminating the jump AND f3 option, since both can be blocked standing. And yes, you can react to the jump 3.

I get what you're saying tho. More options, more thinking, more chances to get hit. But the overall 50/50 is better than this IMO. If she had ambiguous crossups, then maybe this would be really good.

Vocket

But when it comes down to it, this isn't as good as you may think. The 50/50 itself is already near impossible to react to, but now you're adding a jump. Yes, it will trip some people up, but after you use that, the opponent will be looking for a jump, thus eliminating the jump AND f3 option, since both can be blocked standing. And yes, you can react to the jump 3.
You are wrong about one thing and I want to correct it and it might change your view of this tech. They cannot block j3 without letting themselves open for slide and f3. They will be blocking the opposite way so slide and f3 will hit. Similarily, they can't block for more than one option with the others as they are all blocking for one specific direction. They can't duck j3 so blocking down will only beat silde. They can't block back because slide and cross up j3 will beat it.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
You are wrong about one thing and I want to correct it and it might change your view of this tech. They cannot block j3 without letting themselves open for slide and f3. They will be blocking the opposite way so slide and f3 will hit. Similarily, they can't block for more than one option with the others as they are all blocking for one specific direction. They can't duck j3 so blocking down will only beat silde. They can't block back because slide and cross up j3 will beat it.
omfg! Dude please stop this.you can see the jump,that's when you block it otherwise u have to guess the slide or overhead,u don't look for the slide or overhead because there too fast too see.you can clearly see the jump 3 that's when you block it.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Well...all i can say for myself is that I adore variety and I'm open minded. It's a shame that posting new concepts seems to be frowned upon... :( Thanks Vocket for sharing your concept.

Vocket

Well...all i can say for myself is that I adore variety and I'm open minded. It's a shame that posting new concepts seems to be frowned upon... :( Thanks Vocket for sharing your concept.
No worries ill keep posting. I already thought of something for those saying they can react to it. Simply do it near an air interactable and now they have to worry about the divekick or the cross up j3. Thanks runwaymafia I like the practice mode more than online so I wont stop anytime soon

I agree that the crossup j3 is too easy to react to to make this tech useful in its current form. I'd take the straight 50/50.

However, OP, I recommend investigating this tech in the corner, where crossups can be a lot more ambiguous. Would be great to get some corner tech.

No one is frowning on sharing, but you need to separate the wheat from the chaff, the cornerstone tech from the gimmicks. We don't want this to be like the smash community that constantly comes up with useless shit and names it after themselves.

Vocket

No one is frowning on sharing, but you need to separate the wheat from the chaff, the cornerstone tech from the gimmicks. We don't want this to be like the smash community that constantly comes up with useless shit and names it after themselves.
I totally use the reverse draconus with yoshi combined with pivot dash grabbing son.

Oh and is actually less useful in corner because you have to hit extremely deep with jump overs for it to cross up.

Vocket

I remember when me and Konqrr talked about this J3 thing back in May. >_>
woah really? You should make a thread I abhor the notion of hiding tech or thinking its too minor and unimportant. So what did you conclude in the end?.

woah really? You should make a thread I abhor the notion of hiding tech or thinking its too minor and unimportant. So what did you conclude in the end?.

Well he says that it is wasn't useful. I didn't really hide it I put it in the video section. Mr. Runwaymafia and his rampant uploads may have pushed it aside. But it seems to catch some people, but its nothing to base your game around. But its nice to throw it out late in games. Although it may not be "optimized" you can never have enough options at your disposal. That's how I see it. Although sometimes online I don't even do the J2, I show that off in this one

http://testyourmight.com/media/killer-frost-cross-up-psuedo-reset.1756/

And yes, YOLO-slid just because my main goal was to show this off so after he respected the slide ect. ect.

Also this video was back when you could parry bane's charge... sweet memories.

Vocket

Well he says that it is wasn't useful. I didn't really hide it I put it in the video section. Mr. Runwaymafia and his rampant uploads may have pushed it aside. But it seems to catch some people, but its nothing to base your game around. But its nice to throw it out late in games. Although it may not be "optimized" you can never have enough options at your disposal. That's how I see it. Although sometimes online I don't even do the J2, I show that off in this one

http://testyourmight.com/media/killer-frost-cross-up-psuedo-reset.1756/

And yes, YOLO-slid just because my main goal was to show this off so after he respected the slide ect. ect.

Also this video was back when you could parry bane's charge... sweet memories.
That was one is quite good to just throw out there though it seems to be backdashable. Man that commentary was hilarious though poor bane.

One thing I hope for in the next patch is that the acrobatic character's divekick would become an overhead. Then Killer Frost would truly have an ambigious 25/25/25/25.

Vocket

I was thinking about how to counter those who rely on the visual cue of jumping to block the cross up j3. Turns out you can make j3 hit on the same side by delaying the jump in after j2 a teensy bit.

If you do it near an interactable j3 into divekick deals 25%, which makes it somewhat viable considering it is damage from a 33/33/33 and the divekick is neutral on block. You can then mix it up with a cross up j3 that is full combo.

I am actually more happy that I managed to get a use out of the divekick interactable that the acrobatic characters have. Too bad the divekick is not overhead, new patch maybe ;).

xKhaoTik
trustinme
RunwayMafia
Konqrr
AK Black Preon

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
J3 into interactable dive kick is really good and builds a ton of meter. I'd probably use this if there was one near me.

The opponent has to guess between blocking back, down, or forward with this new option.
You do realize you can block the cross-up on reaction every time... it doesn't even factor into the 50/50 at all. That is the same as the batman reset, he can do j2 into cross-up j2 if he wants, but a good player blocks it every time just like your j3.