What's new

Kharacter Tower Requirements Hotfix

NRS just hotfixed the kharacter towers.

For example instead of 75 Fatalities and Brutalities on Stage 2 its now 10 each.

Or instead of 100 Krushing Blows for Stage 3 its now only 25.

Comments

It really is a shame how much damage it did to the game on day 1.
Yeah this is really unfortunate. Especially due to the extreme toxic nature of the internet, and how difficult it is to change people’s minds after they’ve already been exposed to sensationalism and hate bandwagons. You can already see it in this very thread. The game was quickly fixed, and some people are still butthurt about it, rather than just enjoying it.

Yeah this is really unfortunate. Especially due to the extreme toxic nature of the internet, and how difficult it is to change people’s minds after they’ve already been exposed to sensationalism and hate bandwagons. You can already see it in this very thread. The game was quickly fixed, and some people are still butthurt about it, rather than just enjoying it.
I think the one thing that NRS legitimately deserves criticism for is rushing out a (barely) unfinished game. I say barely because all it took was a few numbers tweaks to get it almost exactly where they wanted it. The only thing left is custom variations, which (like them or not) its quite obvious IMO that they would be in the game today if MK11 wasn't rushed out the door.

I don't know who to blame for this - Shaun, Ed, all of NRS... WB... NRS and WB... but someone is pushing for these games to meet deadlines that are obviously holding the games back. You have to ask yourself, if the games are rushed in these ways that are obvious, what other non-obvious harm comes from these dev cycles? What else did they think ought to be in this game but just didn't get to?

I don't want MK11 to suffer from it's poor first day showing but I do want NRS/WB to take this as a bit of bracing slap in the face, like, this is not a healthy game design attitude and it's a surprise it hasn't caught up to them before now. They need to stop with the brand new game every 2 years.

You're better than me. I've only down Klassic Towers (5 opponents) for the endings; and the Gauntlet. I'm scared to do the others.
It helps if your character can cheese the AI especially on some of the endurance fights, the cpu has no idea how to deal with Shao Kahn’s F34 grab string lol

Did they patch the head glitch? lol cause I tried it today, been busy past few days so didn't get a chance until Saturday and it didn't work. lol. The krypt is definitely fun, but how the hell do you unlock those green soul glowing things? I have soul fragments or whatever they're called but there's no option to use them. I also ran out of like 500,000 koins in like an hour on chests. But thankfully the TOT you get pretty good amount after doing a few, though they can be time consuming,

It makes me genuinely sad that the game has a 2.5 Metacritic User Score due to the review bombing, and now there are (almost) no issues at all.

And we're talking about fixes that came within the first ten days of the game's release - some people treat MK11 as if it is freaking Anthem all over. Now everyone will forever remark MK11 as that MTX-heavy fighting game (which is so wrong it's not even funny), and the moronic You-Need-6-thousand-bucks-to-unlock-everything argument which should die in a fire the second it was typed. That asshole that made that tweet damaged the game's reputation almost to the point of no-repair.

Let's be really honest and say that NRS didn't "accidentally" release the game with such ridiculous grind mechanics. That was absolutely intentional, and probably one of the few systems in the game that the people in charge made sure was absolutely settled prior to release (unlike, for example, tournament variations). Someone(s) at the top were watching the mobile game market (including MK Mobile, which has been implementing increasingly toxic grind walls for years now), and games like Fortnight, and seeing dollar signs. And they wanted to see how much they could get away with following that model, trusting the branding juggernaut of the MK franchise to carry the game through any fan backlash. Fortunately, they lost their gamble, mostly (imo) because of how unfriendly the fighting game genre is to these kinds of predatory practices (let's be honest, we who love this game are the minority of gamers, and we love it for reasons that are not compatible with loot grinding). And hopefully they've learned their lesson. I'm quite sure many of the lower-level folks who worked on this game were practically begging the studio not to take this route. Unfortunately, it may now be too late to recover the reputation of MK11. Lord knows it's been feeling a bit anemic around here since release. I suppose we'll see what happens, but deliberate greed, not ignorance, is absolutely what ruined the MK11 launch phase.

Lord knows it's been feeling a bit anemic around here since release.
I think this is because people are now more interested in playing the game, rather than talking about it. This happens to me all the time with various games - I was lurking and commenting on every single forum before Resident Evil Remake 2 came out. Once it did, I started playing and left the forums altogether.

Quick tip:

For crushing blow requirements, especially since they seemed to be bugged. Find one that counts and is easy to do against ai. Go in a tower that you can restart, do the crushing blow, wait a second then restart the match and do the crushing blow again. Itll count. You dont have to finish matches in order for the crushing blow to count towards the character tower requirement.

Let's be really honest and say that NRS didn't "accidentally" release the game with such ridiculous grind mechanics. That was absolutely intentional, and probably one of the few systems in the game that the people in charge made sure was absolutely settled prior to release (unlike, for example, tournament variations). Someone(s) at the top were watching the mobile game market (including MK Mobile, which has been implementing increasingly toxic grind walls for years now), and games like Fortnight, and seeing dollar signs. And they wanted to see how much they could get away with following that model, trusting the branding juggernaut of the MK franchise to carry the game through any fan backlash. Fortunately, they lost their gamble, mostly (imo) because of how unfriendly the fighting game genre is to these kinds of predatory practices (let's be honest, we who love this game are the minority of gamers, and we love it for reasons that are not compatible with loot grinding). And hopefully they've learned their lesson. I'm quite sure many of the lower-level folks who worked on this game were practically begging the studio not to take this route. Unfortunately, it may now be too late to recover the reputation of MK11. Lord knows it's been feeling a bit anemic around here since release. I suppose we'll see what happens, but deliberate greed, not ignorance, is absolutely what ruined the MK11 launch phase.
Yeah man I bet they made a killing off those time crystal sales already. Phew. They sure played us with that shit. That storefront offers so many things that everyone wants all the time.... I could spend hundreds of dollars in there right now...

Yeah man I bet they made a killing off those time crystal sales already. Phew. They sure played us with that shit. That storefront offers so many things that everyone wants all the time.... I could spend hundreds of dollars in there right now...
A subset of folks are saying stuff like this--essentially that, because there isn't a lot to conduct actual microtransactions on at any given time, that must mean that NRS/WB doesn't stand to make money from the ridiculous grind. But do y'all not know that they profit just from the game being played more and longer? Like that's not a secret, is it?

You would have a point if the game actually let you buy whatever you wanted. But you can’t, so... you’re wrong.

You can’t buy progress, you can’t buy coins, hearts, or souls, and you can’t buy any cosmetics at will. In fact, most of them you’ll never be able to buy. The only option is for you to play the game.

And the currency you can buy... you also earn in-game. But this still only allows you to purchase skins that are in a limited-pool, rotational shop of 5 items per day. OH MY GOD, THE HORROR.

I’m tired of hearing people blabbering this piss-poor, completely inaccurate garbage. There is absolutely nothing predatory about the microtransactions in this game.

You would have a point if the game actually let you buy whatever you wanted. But you can’t, so... you’re wrong.

You can’t buy progress, you can’t buy coins, hearts, or souls, and you can’t buy any cosmetics at will. In fact, most of them you’ll never be able to buy. The only option is for you to play the game.

And the currency you can buy... you also earn in-game. But this still only allows you to purchase skins that are in a limited-pool, rotational shop of 5 items per day. OH MY GOD, THE HORROR.

I’m tired of hearing people blabbering this piss-poor, completely inaccurate garbage. There is absolutely nothing predatory about the microtransactions in this game.
Dude... read like one post above you. Seriously.

So because they're fixing it now (which is appreciable, I'll say it again) it means people were "toxic, misguided and jumping on hatewagons" when they criticized at launch? It's people fault now that the game was a such a misguided mess?

Come on. I'm really liking what they're doing now (even if I'm still not crazy about the whole concept of the game) but it doesn't mean they didn't fuck this up badly. Otherwise we'd never even have this conversation. Saying it's people fault for the bad press the game got and make NRS heroes out of it because they fixed their own mistakes is crazy.

I agree with @DDustiNN , the game isn't really a pay for progress game. The only currency you can buy is Time Krystals, and those are very subjective and not really reliable because you have to wait for things to go on sale.

If the souls got changed, then the game would be perfect for me in terms of grinding now. But it doesn't excuse the lack of playtesting and thinking through of this madness that was this grindfest. I still think that the heads are an unnecessary grind. I don't really understand the point of having so many outfits and intros and all these customization options if to get them I have to remove at least 10 heads from specific characters. It seems, in theory, like a good idea, but it wasn't done correctly.

I appreciate the efforts that they made to make this game and especially krypt feel different, and although it didn't work as intended at first, I've begun to really come to terms with the Krypt because it isn't that bad at all now, it's the souls that are the problem. You need, in theory, 10 wins to get just 100 souls to unlock a singular item in the krypt. I haven't had the 10,000 Soul glitch-daily challenge or any other way of getting a large number.

Just my 2 cents. This game isn't a buy everything with real world currency type of game, that reddit post didn't do the game justice

Did they patch the head glitch? lol cause I tried it today, been busy past few days so didn't get a chance until Saturday and it didn't work. lol. The krypt is definitely fun, but how the hell do you unlock those green soul glowing things? I have soul fragments or whatever they're called but there's no option to use them. I also ran out of like 500,000 koins in like an hour on chests. But thankfully the TOT you get pretty good amount after doing a few, though they can be time consuming,
You find Ermac's amulet thing.

You find Ermac's amulet thing.
Oh you need Ermac's amulet to unlock all the green floating soul things all over the place? No, haven't found him yet. I'm currently in goro's lair, I ran out of koins lol so have to play more towers to get more. That's where I get that? He's in the bottom of the pit right? I think I'm close but I don't want to explore more til I have more koins just yet.