What's new

Khaos Reigns Official Announcement Trailer

Comments

All this talk about genderswapping the cyborg. I can tell you one thing, I'm not buying the expansion. Not only because of gebderswapping, because it's lazy, but because they stripped my bois ketchup and mustard off of further development, or a new twist to their characters. Hell, I bet if they made them original chars I'd definitely be more interested if thry had good character development in the expansion. Anyway, it's the first time I'm more interested in the guests. I'll definitely buy Conan, but most likely all guests.

I'm not buying the expansion. Not only because of gebderswapping, because it's lazy, but because they stripped my bois ketchup and mustard off of further development, or a new twist to their characters.
Those are all reasons not to buy it. Another good reason to hold off is their god awful rollout of MK1. They didn’t even let you screen high ping matches in ranked - literally a clown game that forces you to play 150 ping plus matches in Ranked! Crossplay took months and even then they had an issue syncing the PC patch with the console patch.

It’s sad because r1ps arena finals were totally awesome to watch and the game is fun. But who knows how the rollout for the Khaos Reigns features will be. I’ll happily take my animalities and wait.

I feel like I've missed a lot of the current conversation. Are we still debating the merits of the gender swap thing?
I think for me it's more the issue that they have plenty of females they can introduce. a genderswap IMO is just IDK lazy. plus considering the OG Sektor and Cyrax are Kameos it's like they are trying to please both. Just give us cool characters that exist!

"who are they trying to please" I think is the biggest takeaway from this whole thing. Because you aren't pleasing Cyrax or Sektor fans, even if some of us don't mind, not a single person was asking for this.

You aren't pleasing fans of female characters because they already had favorites lined up that they wanted. Jade, Sareena, Skarlett, "Iconya".

And the weirdest thing is like, Cyrax and Sektor are not overdone characters. It isn't like they're in the games so much that they're played out. "We wanted to change them". Why? We haven't seen Cyrax or Sektor on a roster for 13 fucking years. We couldn't just have them back as is?

Last edited:
"who are they trying to please" I think is the biggest takeaway from this whole thing. Because you aren't pleasing Cyrax or Sektor fans, even if some of us don't mind, not a single person was asking for this.
Mixing things up for the sake of mixing it up pleases a lot of people, especially folks who have been following something for a long time but aren't invested in specifics. It's probably not a move that's trying to impress people with MK3 bmx cyberninja tattoos, but rather getting long-time semi-casual fans to look at it and say, "hey, that's neat."

The mistake is people keep buying this shit.

i have seen so many comments (not just here) with people pissed or even admitting they think this is one of the worst MK’s followed by, “But I’m such a fan I buy everything MK.” Like what? Why?

I IMMEDIATELY knew I would not like this shit, and thus didn’t buy. NRS make mistakes and its okay to let them know. If not they’ll just keep doing it and possibly do whatever the transgression is more.

If any of you guys truly don’t like this game I URGE you please do not buy the damn dlc. It is not in your favor to do so.

Mixing things up for the sake of mixing it up pleases a lot of people, especially folks who have been following something for a long time but aren't invested in specifics. It's probably not a move that's trying to impress people with MK3 bmx cyberninja tattoos, but rather getting long-time semi-casual fans to look at it and say, "hey, that's neat."
I was originally going to disagree with you, but then I thought about a series that I'm a semi casual fan of and landed on Guilty Gear. I like Guilty Gear, I think it'd be neat if Venom was made to be a woman in a future game.

The issue is tho, I didn't buy the new Guilty Gear. I'm just a semi casual fan of it. I don't buy multiple copies of premium editions like I do for MK. So it seems weird to try and appeal to me when my heart isn't even in the series enough to buy it once.

If any of you guys truly don’t like this game I URGE you please do not buy the damn dlc. It is not in your favor to do so.
I’m semi new here but the read I get on testyourmight is people just don’t like feeling gouged in so far as pricing or taken for a ride when it comes to the lack of game features or polish.

The gameplay itself is actually really fun to me. It’s not as deep as Tekken and it’s not as “free” or “loose” as street fighter, and it’s not as aggressive as guilty gear, but it’s fun. It feels like MK to me I just don’t want to pay 50 bucks for something when I don’t know what I’m buying. If they’re gonna sell a kameo pack later this year I’ll just wait to get it all on sale. I really have no clue what to expect so it’s smart to wait and see how it turns out.

There’s potential for the release of the dlc to be as messy as the game was on launch

You aren't pleasing fans of female characters because they already had favorites lined up that they wanted. Jade, Sareena, Skarlett, "Iconya".

And the weirdest thing is like, Cyrax and Sektor are not overdone characters. It isn't like they're in the games so much that they're played out. "We wanted to change them". Why? We haven't seen Cyrax or Sektor on a roster for 13 fucking years. We couldn't just have them back as is?
imo, the only people who approve of this change are people who only play female characters. So the more sausages you chop chop, the better for them.

They are an audience. It will cater to them. The question is - are they a bigger audience than the people who wanted the cyborgs to stay as is?

At the end of the day, it's about how much you care for a particular character. I don't care about Darrius, so if they make him white, female, gay, short or fat, I wouldn't blow a casket over it, but I would PREFER them to leave the character as is for the sake of continuity, lore, and respect to his fans, no matter how few they are. And at the end of the day, if you are planning to do all of the above to Darrius to the point that he becomes unrecognizable, why not just make a new character? It's not like you were planning on doing anything with Darrius as is.

And people need to remember that it's not just the genders that they swapped - they are literally not Cyborgs anymore. They are now basically an alt skin of Jacqui Briggs like the one she had in MKX. So what's the fucking point? Why not just bring Jacqui back, since she's a 'fan favorite' according to her announcement in MK11?

Do the cyborgs right, or do them not at all. That's all that I'm saying.

I know it doesn't matter to many people here who just want to do their 14 hit combos and do cool shit on screen and only care about which character has the best tools for their playstyle, I get that. But if it doesn't matter to those people whether Sektor is a robot, a male or a female, why not leave him as is for the people who DO care?

it's probably one of the least - if not THE LEAST - hyped trailer for MK I've seen, due to couple reasons.

• whole genderswap thing
  • unavoidable portion of leaks
  • unacceptable price of the expansion & whole concept of the expansion
  • stupidity of Bi Han in this trailer is beyond nonsense - GOOD JOB DOMINIC, every time I think you can't create anything worse, you are topping it
  • one of the most underwhelming Fatality in the history of MK
holy shit, it seems I'm really not buying this. I never thought it's gonna happen but wow, kudos NRS.

Cyrax looks fun. Love the corner carry net and homing bomb, combos look good, and I think it's faithful enough to the original while providing some twist.

Sub kameo getting a parry is interesting. Maybe if they make it good enough they'll actually give main roster sub a gameplan.

As for the plot, whatever. Not interested at this point. Doesn't look like this will change any of that.

Noob Saibot’s bio on the website made my day.

Bi-han still fucking dies. Glorious. Make Noob an actual fucking threat this time around now.

Noob Saibot’s bio on the website made my day.

Bi-han still fucking dies. Glorious. Make Noob an actual fucking threat this time around now.
You think the hamd on his belt is Bi-Han's?

And also, notice how different the Shadow(saibot) looks. It's not a mirror of Noob's design, it's not MK1 Subzero, either. It looks to me like Revenant Smoke, and Smoke isn't in the leaks.. probably a stretch. Hopefully the headpiece Saibot wears is an option for Noob.

And also, notice how different the Shadow(saibot) looks. It's not a mirror of Noob's design, it's not MK1 Subzero, either. It looks to me like Revenant Smoke, and Smoke isn't in the leaks.. probably a stretch. Hopefully the headpiece Saibot wears is an option for Noob.
Wasn't the theory that he's Sub + Geras hence the hat/pants?

Wasn't the theory that he's Sub + Geras hence the hat/pants?
I've heard that, but there's not much to it besides a bunch of Geras clones being in that one scene in the trailer. People are drawing conclusions from that, and it could be true, but I'm not sold. It would maybe explain the Crack in his chest, though, I suppose.

Idk.

Her accent is so fucking heavy it irritates me. It's like they told her to watch Black Panther Wakanda Forever and go ham with the accent.

And Johhny Cage referencing a 10 year old show as if it's fucking relevant was cringe as fuck. Game of Thrones is no longer the cool thing to reference, NRS. Jesus fuck, you are dinosaurs when it comes to pop culture.

I’ve read the leaks and if I remember correctly that’s not the case and Smoke is definitely at the wedding.

Also Noob Saibot is not a fusion of geras and bi-han. Rather just murdered bi-han infused with chaos magic.

Also my running theory is still that Kuai Liang and Hanzo didn’t swap codenames but actual names in this timeline. Hanzo was born as Kuai Liang and Kuai Liang as Hanzo. A little freaky friday shit.

I like how it is confirmed that these are suites.... she says "armour" in the trailer. This is cool. I always thought it was kinda crazy how they came about in the other games... I mean strait to robots. I like the idea that there is this prototype stage. Probably after a big betryal they will decide that robots with no free will is the way to go next time.

Trailer rocks.. but omg... disappearing masks is the stupidest thing ever. Leave that shit in those retarded Disney mcu movies. If they are wearing a mask or helmet, just wear the fucking thing.

Sektor's bio does kinda hint that she wants to force this onto the full Lin Kuei. So I'm happy they kept the psychotic part of Sektor. I just hope they go further and actually have Sektor go full cyber the next time we see her

(We're never seeing her again. We already know that the timeline is going to be reset again the next time we see MK, however many years from now that is)

I’ve read the leaks and if I remember correctly that’s not the case and Smoke is definitely at the wedding.

Also Noob Saibot is not a fusion of geras and bi-han. Rather just murdered bi-han infused with chaos magic.

Also my running theory is still that Kuai Liang and Hanzo didn’t swap codenames but actual names in this timeline. Hanzo was born as Kuai Liang and Kuai Liang as Hanzo. A little freaky friday shit.
I like that theory.

But he's not seen at all after the wedding, is what I remember about the leaks? Is that not right?