What's new

Kenshi Tutorial/Guide:Project Learning Lab

Tolkeen

/wrists
Couldn't find this anywhere yet, but you should add standing 1 to the anti air section, the most damaging combo that i found mid screen from that is
1~rk, dash, 21b2, sc for 23%

Just thought it would be helpful to know.

Edit: damn! Teef bringing the knowledge! FR needs to be over so we loyal kenshi's can get your new tips!

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
just the standing 1 and cr+1 AA? duuuuude.....this guide, compared to what i have now....is seriusly mising 50% of the content!!
that's beside all the fixing and stuff....

seriously, this guide just set u up for a basic kenshi.....what i have now is a COMPLETE kenshi. i just dont wanna release it because i promised a friend to keep it until FR!
so hopefully i will post everything soon :)

also, please feel free to add whatever u want to the guide in a post! do it in a clean matter, and i will simply copy paste and put it in the guide for now as well as write a TY /credit of ur name :)

bring the kenshi luv guys ^_^

also as Standing 1 AA....i never though of f+2,2,b+2 , sc as follow up. good idea man!
i usually do standing 1, f+3,2~rk, f+3,2~sc around 25% if not 25%. though i better go with standing 1 ~or cr+1~rk instead

u can also AA with 2,1 or just standing 2~rk

as well as JIK, dash in cr+1~rk ....it has a similar concept...though, of course it's a different story

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
xxteefxx dude thanks so much for this. I'm starting to learn kenshi right now for basically the 2 bad match ups raiden has. Sonya and Kano. Depending on how good I get with Kenshi might use him for more match ups but I REALLY need to be able to cover the sonya matchup. It's a nightmare for me with Raiden. This info you are providing is unreal man. Thanks so much.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
This helped a whole lot man. I might have said that already, but since I am attempting picking him back up, it helps twice lol.

Tickle Brisket

XBL: Tickle Brisket
Great tutorial setup, very informative. It helped greatly..only thing i think the Yoshida Brothers would have made for better music for Kenshi XD.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Hey guys. I just played a Kenshi and it seemed that if he is kept in the corner and the opponent is at rising karma distance, or out of his low starter distance, it's really hard for Kenshi to get out, counter a jip or prevent a punish. What are your thoughts?

Tolkeen

/wrists
hey man is this updated to current kenshi tech and tactics?
Yes, this is all still relevant, as far as I can tell with just a brief re-read. I would also suggest watching all of the "ultimate kenshi" videos that mayo has so lovingly crafted for us. If you have any specific questions, feel free to put them in this thread or in the matchup discussion thread and someone as intelligent, or more intelligent, than me will try to answer it quickly and efficiently.

Tolkeen

/wrists
Hey guys. I just played a Kenshi and it seemed that if he is kept in the corner and the opponent is at rising karma distance, or out of his low starter distance, it's really hard for Kenshi to get out, counter a jip or prevent a punish. What are your thoughts?
I'd say that if you are in that situation, it's your opponent who should be wary. If he comes in to pressure you, a SC could send him full screen. If he tries to jump in, then you need to be able to anti-air 1 in order to combo him. Kenshi in the corner isn't a horrible place to be as long as you don't panic, a panicked Kenshi is a dead Kenshi. Be patient, and remember that your armor is there to help you change the situation. If you get the chance for a combo, use a combo that will put your opponent into the corner instead of yourself. (Those can be found in one of Mayo's threads.)

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Yes, this is all still relevant, as far as I can tell with just a brief re-read. I would also suggest watching all of the "ultimate kenshi" videos that mayo has so lovingly crafted for us. If you have any specific questions, feel free to put them in this thread or in the matchup discussion thread and someone as intelligent, or more intelligent, than me will try to answer it quickly and efficiently.
thanks appreciate it.. picking up kenshi to cover my bad sonya mu ha