What's new

Kenshi Living Guide

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Retooled the guide a little. Also currently drafting an update to the strategy section to make it more succinct.

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
How much advantage do you have after d4 on hit? Is it enough for a blocked 21 into 50/50? Dunno if it would be retarded if it did, fairly new to Kenshi, I know other chars can get free blocked strings after their d4's.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
How much advantage do you have after d4 on hit? Is it enough for a blocked 21 into 50/50? Dunno if it would be retarded if it did, fairly new to Kenshi, I know other chars can get free blocked strings after their d4's.
After a hit from :d:bk, your opponent can't your opponent can't interrupt the :r:bp:bp strings, so... it gives pretty good advantage on hit. I don't see why you couldn't follow it up with the 50/50... Never really tried it so much; I wouldn't say that the 50/50 really nets you enough to drop lockdown.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Hi there. I'm the double posting [ban incoming] who just updated the strategy section of the guide.

Ruuku1012

Real Talker
I think 21b2 might give enough advantage on block to force the opponent to block a Spirit Charge or Rising Karma.

Tolkeen

/wrists
Since this is constantly being updated, and the guide at the top of the forums isn't, is there someone we can talk to about getting this put in it's place. Call it ocd, but it bothers me a little that the good information isn't at the top :(

Agreed with the above post.
Also if meterless corner combos are still needed:

NJP, 2 1 B2, rising karma, 1 1 4 spirit charge 30%

Jump in kick, rising karma, 2 1 B2, F2 2 spirit charge 32%
(tricky, and same combo can be used off standing 1 or D1 anti air I believe)

F2 2 B1, 2 1 B 2, rising karma, F 3 2 spirit charge 38%

2 1 B2, 2 1 B2, rising karma, F3 2 spirit charge 38%

2 1 B2, 2 1 B2, F2 2 rising karma, F2 2 B2 39%

2 1 B2, 2 1 B2, F 2 2 rising karma, F 3 2 spirit charge 40%

2 1 B2, 2 1 B 2, F2 2 rising karma, 1 1 4 spirit charge 40%

F2 2 B1, 2 1 B2, 1 1 4 rising karma, 1 1 4 spirit charge 42% <-- epic as hell.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Hey everyone. I'm a new Kenshi player, but thanks to this forum, I'm leveling up very quickly.

I wanted to say thanks to everyone who keeps updating this guide. The information here is EPIC and super helpful. Most of the other character forums have nothing like this, and honestly, it makes me wonder why. In every other game I play - SF, Tekken - the character forums always have a primary guide listing frame data, juggles, traps, basics. Hell, back in the T5:DR days, I WROTE the Lili one.

Huge props to all of you for making the Kenshi forum kickass.