What's new

General/Other - Kenshi Kenshi General Discussion Thread

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Kenshi doesn't really need to teleport vs Mileena imo. B1 is great at stuffing regular roll and EX roll simultaneously due to the active frames and double hits. D3 low profiles his D1 but it's pretty minus on block, so she can't mash it.

B1 and D4 work pretty well vs her from mid range. Her jump 1 is really dumb but can be read with njps and jump back 1. She definitely wins but I don't think it's too bad.

I feel like Cassie dominates mid range footsies(her D4 and mid are both faster than Kenshi's) and counterpoking(D3 is only -3 and low profiles Kenshi's D1) in this match up. She doesn't have one thing that beats every teleport option, but between run under 242 and flip kick, she does pretty well. She can react to EX overhead with EX nutpunch.

Smoke is troublesome because of his mobility, low profiling D3, fast mid that can be made safe in the Smoke variation, B21, Kenshi can't really punish Smoke bomb outside of an instant jump 4. I think Smoke is overall just a more solid character and can make reads on Kenshi's dirt(armor and teleport) with okay risk/reward. Could be 5-5 tho.
Surely most characters could use an armoured/invincible move to beat EX Overhead on reaction if they wanted to? Guess the risk reward varies per matchup though.

Cassie's B1 is faster upfront but also risks losing her turn more decisively. Yes B124 is + but not only is that part of the string slow enough to reversal on reaction, even if you do get clipped by it, has to run back in and may lose the sufficient stamina to convert if she proceeds to open you up again.

I don't discount that it could be in Cassie's favour but I don't think it sounds like 3-7 material.

Smoke makes sense. Possessed lacking the reflect for a makeshift Smoke Bomb punish sounds like it's a big deal. Wouldn't disagree with 4-6.

Tweedy

Noob
Kenshi diary post. Doing this to make myself a better player, and to possibly entice others to do the same.

So lately I've been mixing with throw or a 114 hit confirm after a D1 on hit. One problem I've run into, is that when I land a stray hit when they start to jump, I automatically go into S1, which a lot of the times does not connect, since it's shorter than Kenshi's D1. If you watched my KIT set vs Red Raptor, this happened a lot.

Idk why I've just realized how big of a personal problem this is until now.

114 is still the bees knees off of a D1 on hit, so i'm not going to shift to a different normal/string. I just need to get better at confirming my D1 with a different normal, depending on the situation.

Kenshi diary post. Doing this to make myself a better player, and to possibly entice others to do the same.

So lately I've been mixing with throw or a 114 hit confirm after a D1 on hit. One problem I've run into, is that when I land a stray hit when they start to jump, I automatically go into S1, which a lot of the times does not connect, since it's shorter than Kenshi's D1. If you watched my KIT set vs Red Raptor, this happened a lot.

Idk why I've just realized how big of a personal problem this is until now.

114 is still the bees knees off of a D1 on hit, so i'm not going to shift to a different normal/string. I just need to get better at confirming my D1 with a different normal, depending on the situation.
Thanks for sharing your insight. I was wondering were you expecting feedback from your 'diary' posts? Or are you just sharing for its own sake? I find them very informative and hope you keep doing them.

Tweedy

Noob
Thanks for sharing your insight. I was wondering were you expecting feedback from your 'diary' posts? Or are you just sharing for its own sake? I find them very informative and hope you keep doing them.
Doesn't matter I suppose. I often tell myself that I should change or add something, but I don't really stick to the adjustment long enough for it to stick. I figure if I publicly post a bad habit, it'll remind me when i'm looking back at this thread.