What's new

Breakthrough - Kenshi Kenshi Changes apparently 2-1-16 *post any I miss*

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Wait... B1 is now fast enough that you can fix DB1 issues? You made me feel complete now.

And B2 isn't suicidal anymore? Don't play with my feelings please.

3 questions if I may:

Does Kenjutsu have the new properties on parry?

Are the heavy double damage penalties gones?

Do you think there is any use for Kenjutsu to meterburn 22 or having Ex Hold plis the ability to change sides with tele finisher outclasses it?
1. Yes

2. Seems to be

3. Not sure yet but will check

navaroNe

Nobody's afraid of Bruce Wayne
Nrs said as time goes on they will implement nerfs/buffs. For example, lius mb fly kick was reduced to +1, now f213 cancel advantage was reduced. Characters are still changing. Paulo said this kp2 will be the LAST patch we receive so expect a lot more. Said all we MAY get after that are little updates for bug fixes. Hope for kenshi may still be there lol
well they did kinda say that last patch we got would be pretty much what the characters would be like from there on out but luckily for us in the case of some characters *cough*tanya, that doesn't seem to be quite the case. ideally i'm sure they want to make kp2 the last patch, but there's always new little bugs and some new tech that gets discovered that can change things pretty dramatically and with four new characters coming out at once i'm not so sure they're gonna be able to make 100% sure that those four characters are balanced to the community's satisfaction from the get go, but you never know it could happen i suppose.

Pig Of The Hut

as long as they don't make his OH or soul ball completely safe then we cool. good to hear kenshi is finally getting a bit of balance in his variations, i really enjoyed playing possessed when i first started playing but the damage just wasn't enough for me. what does a typical meterless and one bar possessed bnb do now damage wise? and with the balanced meterless parry are you able to interrupt something like tanya's middle rekka gap when she delays and cancel it into RK? or can you only do it if there's a gap at the end of the opponent's string?
33-39%

And yes you can interrupt rekka w parry parry parry RK

It's hype

Pig Of The Hut

I know this has nothing to do with Sub Zero, but Kenshi now has a parry that leads to a full combo that also functions as a reflect with 24 frames of whiff recovery while Unbreakable Sub Zero's parry still has 35 frames of whiff recovery, doesn't reflect, and is one of the only 2 tools the variation gets. Come on man.
Fair complaint

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
well they did kinda say that last patch we got would be pretty much what the characters would be like from there on out but luckily for us in the case of some characters *cough*tanya, that doesn't seem to be quite the case. ideally i'm sure they want to make kp2 the last patch, but there's always new little bugs and some new tech that gets discovered that can change things pretty dramatically and with four new characters coming out at once i'm not so sure they're gonna be able to make 100% sure that those four characters are balanced to the community's satisfaction from the get go, but you never know it could happen i suppose.
Oh yeah definitely bro, paulo said we may get little updates for bug fixes and things like that, but big character patches are over after kp2. But who knows, we shall see lol.

navaroNe

Nobody's afraid of Bruce Wayne
33-39%

And yes you can interrupt rekka w parry parry parry RK

It's hype
oh man that is super cool, i would love to see you master the art of parrying tanya's rekkas and canceling into the RK everytime they go for the delay. the tanyers would not like that too much and that would put a smile on my face :) looking forward to seeing what you're going to be able to do with this new kenshi pig, definitely some potential there and i'm sure you're gonna dive deep into lab mode. i bet zoe will be happy to hear about this too

Pig Of The Hut

oh man that is super cool, i would love to see you master the art of parrying tanya's rekkas and canceling into the RK everytime they go for the delay. the tanyers would not like that too much and that would put a smile on my face :) looking forward to seeing what you're going to be able to do with this new kenshi pig, definitely some potential there and i'm sure you're gonna dive deep into lab mode. i bet zoe will be happy to hear about this too
In fact I'll deliver the news today

Lokheit

Noob
Ok I need to ask this, I would test myself if I could...

Now that the parry works like that, can it parry "falling projectiles" (Kenshi Balanced and Possesed ones, Cassie's missiles, Tremor's rock, etc...) even if it doesn't reflect them?

And given how you can cancel it on hit... can you reflect a projectile and then cancel into long range special to hit with both? That would be hype.

Normally they have plenty of time to block the reflect but this way you keep them in hitstun while the projectile gets there (if this is possible).

Edit: Also, if 2 attacks hit at the same time will you parry both? I know you can reflect multiple bullets. That would be great against hardtoblockables.

Last edited:

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I just tested kenjutsu and he feels waaay better. Full consistent combos, and the new bnb Pig pointed out rocks. No more whiffing d1s after db1.
How is that fixed? Is there a longer window of frames to connect D1 in the combo? I remember before in Kenjutsu trying to do a meterless combo like B32~DB1, D1, 111 EX DB4, etc or something like that and it was nearly impossible to land anything after a meterless DB1. That changed somehow?

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
I've been thinking, what did the beta say for hit advantage on Kenjustu db1? I think it says 59 and the old frame data says 51. No wonder those combos are easier! Can anyone confirm?

xGunShow

Toronto, Canada @GunShowXO
My initial thoughts after playing with all of his variations for hours:

Balanced: The only real change to this var was the damage. Since you can mb 22 now + slightly increased damage on specials, balanced can now get around 36-40% for a bar easily. (Example: jip f32 RK 22 MB f32 TF)

Possessed: The Ji2 off of teleport is a nice addition since you can jail it into 11 or b3. Combine this with b1-tele or the 421 tele tech and you have some solid block pressure and more mixup options.

Kenjutsu: The b1 buff was huge for this var especially. You can now link your combos consistently off of df1 and db1. The b1 also improves his neutral game. From full screen, you can mix it up with run up throw, run up push, run up b1, and bf3.

General:

7f d1
- Great

B1:
- Fast, great recovery
- Only -1 on block so options such as b1, throw / b1, armor / b1, poke / b1 bf2 work really well
- Helps consistency with Kenjutsu combos*
- Helps neutral game
- Quick double hitting = breaks certain armoured attacks
- Builds a good amount of meter if linked to bf2 (jip b1 bf2 builds about half a bar - all vars)

New parry:
- Works like Kotal's > Parry or Multiple Parrys into RK/ EX RK
Needs more labbing.

Damage/ 22 mb:
- Increased damage on specials
- His 2 bar combos are doing around 45-50% in Kenjutsu and Possessed. Not sure about Balanced.
- Balanced increased 1 bar combo damage thanks to 22mb

Overall, some pretty nice improvements. Having a blast playing him again :)

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Kenjutsu has always been one of my favorite variations(the second one I even tried seriously after first getting my hands on MKX, actually) in the game despite Kenshi's faults, so hearing this good news really makes me happy.

Hopefully these buffs stick.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged

Balanced: The only real change to this var was the damage. Since you can mb 22 now + slightly increased damage on specials, balanced can now get around 36-40% for a bar easily. (Example: jip f32 RK 22 MB f32 TF)

Possessed: The Ji2 off of teleport is a nice addition since you can jail it into 11 or b3. Combine this with b1-tele or the 421 tele tech and you have some solid block pressure and more mixup options.

Kenjutsu: The b1 buff was huge for this var especially. You can now link your combos consistently off of df1 and db1. The b1 also improves his neutral game. From full screen, you can mix it up with run up throw, run up push, run up b1, and bf3.

General:

7f d1
- Great

B1:
- Fast, great recovery
- Only -1 on block so options such as b1, throw / b1, armor / b1, poke / b1 bf2 work really well
- Helps neutral game
- Builds a good amount of meter if linked to bf2 (jip b1 bf2 builds about half a bar - all vars)

New parry:
Needs more labbing.

Damage/ 22 mb:
- His 2 bar combos are doing around 45-50% in Kenjutsu and Possessed. Not sure about Balanced.

Is the timing to combo after 22 meterburn very strict? You have to attack immediately after pressing block or something? I only made it work a couple of times :s

Edit: Ok, just checked and saw you have to do it immediately after the meterburn. If you delay it a bit, the combo is over and you go for the reset.

Last edited:

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.

General:

7f d1
- Great

B1:
- Fast, great recovery
- Helps neutral game

New parry:
Needs more labbing.

Damage/ 22 mb:

This makes me very happy to hear! Is it true that db4 has faster startup in balanced? Seems like the opponent can't run under it anymore.

as of now balanced gets

New Strings
Parry
22 MB
D1 7F
B1 13F

im sure these are good and will help him out BUT hes zoning still sucks? i mean his zoner and he still sucks at it? or did they change anything on his specials?

at least what they can do for his zoning is to give him a faster DB4 (around 6-8 frames) at least

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
as of now balanced gets

New Strings
Parry
22 MB
D1 7F
B1 13F

im sure these are good and will help him out BUT hes zoning still sucks? i mean his zoner and he still sucks at it? or did they change anything on his specials?

at least what they can do for his zoning is to give him a faster DB4 (around 6-8 frames) at least
The balanced aspect of zoning leaves much to be desired. I think something that would improve it would be a reduction from 24 frames of start up to 17 frames of start up of Telekinetic Slice would be nice. It's a move that requires a read to connect and use properly it would also be nice if it was +6 on hit.

SOLEdier

IHideBehindIceClones
Is the timing to combo after 22 meterburn very strict? You have to attack immediately after pressing block or something? I only made it work a couple of times :s

Edit: Ok, just checked and saw you have to do it immediately after the meterburn. If you delay it a bit, the combo is over and you go for the reset.
Yes. Do it as if it was a regular combo that links all together.