What's new

KDZ Claims the reason GF weren't hype was "Major skill gap"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
i cant believe he didnt know gl vs sm is a horrible matchup, superman wins everywhere on the screen.
When i saw the chars in the gf i knew he couldnt win and in fact i would go as far as saying he defeated himself before it even started by picking gl.

Ok baby birds, I've let this go on long enough.
Watching people misconstrue what I said to mean more than it did, while fun, needs to be "normalized".

Let's start with:
http://www.gamespot.com/injustice-gods-among-us/videos/kdz-shows-his-dominance-in-the-evo-injustice-gods-among-us-final-6411427/
The gamespot interview MINUTES after the tournament, where I give him the BIGGEST SHOUTOUT because I believe it.
I can name on one hand players in the history of Evo that have been in two grand finals in the same event.

This is so that you can understand that "skill gap" =/= "bad player". He's incredibly talented, especially at Mortal Kombat, and intelligent enough to play in a way that frustrates others into making mistakes.

1) When I say run, there wasn't even a hint of an insult there. But since "run" was read as "pussied out" by some people (I basically mean his brother MITDJT right now), lets go with "zoned". I fired lasers for one reason, and that was because he "zoned" me and chasing him became dangerous. He laid out a gameplan that garnered him amazing results.

2) Here's where it gets tricky. Because he did not prepare for the Superman matchup. Just like how Chris G did not prepare for the highest level Lantern matchup (While DJT defused his GA perfectly), DJT was wholly unprepared for the highest level Superman matchup. I started firing beams because I wanted to gain meter while he "zoned" me, with no intentions of hitting him. Then I saw them start hitting, and realized that he did not know the path through Superman lasers.

3) That's called being outplayed. I know some of you seem to take this as an insult, but it is NOT. He is an incredibly talented person, and is amazing at games as he proved. But he did not adapt with me, and he was outplayed by me. THE SKILL GAP (in Injustice) BETWEEN US WAS LARGE, BECAUSE I WAS PREPARED FOR EVERY MATCHUP IN TOP 8 while he was not. Which made the finals an "unexciting 3-0". I don't believe it was unexciting at all, but this is what people say.

4) I understand having his back, so I understand saying a 3-0 final was "barely beating him". The matches were close, they were not one sided at all. But the end result was 3-0.

I've watched, for the last 48 hours, a large portion of this site backhandedly insult me (or openly, hey) after winning this title.
This meant a lot to me. I gave as many shout outs as I could muster, and was as humble as possible while also jokingly having fun with it, even while people boo'd my entire finals performance. Even after being boo'd while I won, I STILL gave DJT a sick shout out on Gamespot's interview, because he's a genuinely great guy and an amazing competitor.

Unfortunately, what people refuse to be OK with, is that I was, on that day, at that time, on that stage, better.

This might not be the case next tournament, next major, next weekly.
But for that tournament, at that time and on that stage, I was light-years ahead of my competition.

You're free

IIWade3II

MoldMan

Noob
you mean player charcter gap KDZ? You didnt do anything amazing. You had no streamed comebacks. Youve been beaten several times. I get your mad you didnt get as much props as MVC3 JUSTIN WONG or Flocker. Dont be poor winner

MoldMan

Noob
i watched MVC3 and injustice streams. Gotta say MVC3 was still more entertaining to watch then injustice . Which is kinda sad

Illmatix

if he really thinks theres a skill gap , should have no issues with small nerf to superman.
superman isnt that op, he has matchups where he can get strait boned, but watching an 8-2 matchup in gf should not get superman nerfed......

MetalPete

MACHKAAAAA!!!!!
What seems to be lacking in the FG community is something called sportsmanship. Deal with your* lose and act like the so-called "professional" you* claim to be. Hardly anyone cared to shake hands, look someone in the eyes, or acknowledge that they were beaten by a better player. Were there maybe one too many eye-lasers? Sure, but it's no different than GA's all-day frost arrow or db2 arrow-retreat. Speaking of GA, I really thought Chris G was going to cry after every round he lost; looking at his "corner" and pointing to his pad like buttons were being reconfigured in the middle of the match. Please realize that you* end up looking a fool and a little brat who throws a temper tantrum after losing a video-game fight; it does nothing but reinforce the idea that "professional gaming" is a complete joke.

*Anyone claiming to be a pro; not a specific individual.

Illmatix

i disagree his f23 chip is kinda over the top.
uhhhhh.......
alot of characters can escape this easily, but gl just has some of the shittiest mobility in the game. lantern's might is nullified by f2 because it's 10f and unsafe and f2 is 8f and safe. so superman gets to check him for free at this range.
he should of packed a pocket batgirl for this matchup....

eolson3

Noob
What seems to be lacking in the FG community is something called sportsmanship. Deal with your* lose and act like the so-called "professional" you* claim to be. Hardly anyone cared to shake hands, look someone in the eyes, or acknowledge that they were beaten by a better player. Were there maybe one too many eye-lasers? Sure, but it's no different than GA's all-day frost arrow or db2 arrow-retreat. Speaking of GA, I really thought Chris G was going to cry after every round he lost; looking at his "corner" and pointing to his pad like buttons were being reconfigured in the middle of the match. Please realize that you* end up looking a fool and a little brat who throws a temper tantrum after losing a video-game fight; it does nothing but reinforce the idea that "professional gaming" is a complete joke.

*Anyone claiming to be a pro; not a specific individual.

I started watching streamed tourneys this winter, and you pretty much described every one of them.

I watched the finals video 3 times before posting my opinion.

Kdz needs to admit he zoned because he wanted to. At no point during the beginning of the first match did djt "run" in any manner of speaking and as a matter a of fact he teched a throw, got punished for a jump two at which point kdz backdashed and started heat zappi g away. The second match was a f23 fest where kdz used maybe 3 otg setups which were one dive punch and two low lasers. Oh and he did two armored f3s which any character can do.

To say there was a gap in skill (wether it was an insult or not) is a ridiculous statement on any supermans part because f23 and zoning is all any superman player has had to do to win a match since the games release. Superman in spite of the mounds of mixups/setup/tech he might have needs none of it because of his zoning and f23 and this is exactly why the game got booed becausebit gets boring to watch. It had nothing to do with there being a skill gap, it has everything to do with boring zoning and every top tier character doing their one safe string over and over again.

Edit: didn't comment on the doomsday MU cause I believe that its a losing MU for DD because supermans trait nulifies everything DD does.

Yeah, if DJT lost because of a big skill gap then people would have been cheering for KDZ. People don't have a problem watching a guy pick apart and dominate another player.

They booed because Superman is OP as hell

Illmatix

I watched the finals video 3 times before posting my opinion.

Kdz needs to admit he zoned because he wanted to. At no point during the beginning of the first match did djt "run" in any manner of speaking and as a matter a of fact he teched a throw, got punished for a jump two at which point kdz backdashed and started heat zappi g away. The second match was a f23 fest where kdz used maybe 3 otg setups which were one dive punch and two low lasers. Oh and he did two armored f3s which any character can do.

To say there was a gap in skill (wether it was an insult or not) is a ridiculous statement on any supermans part because f23 and zoning is all any superman player has had to do to win a match since the games release. Superman in spite of the mounds of mixups/setup/tech he might have needs none of it because of his zoning and f23 and this is exactly why the game got booed becausebit gets boring to watch. It had nothing to do with there being a skill gap, it has everything to do with boring zoning and every top tier character doing their one safe string over and over again.
he zoned and f23 errday because it's free in this matchup. watch a kabal vs subby and i bet it's all iagb, why? because it's free as hell. can superman spam BA? no BA checks him with BM. Can BA spam GL? no cuz GL can avoid his zoning pressure with a air projectile. f23 is almost useless vs BA because of his mobility.

the point im making is some of supermans best stuff isn't viable in some matchups. but green lantern can't deal with it, and the fact djt held his own and in these horrendous matchups makes him an amazing player. If he had a winning matchup vs supes he would have EASILY taken it.....

Status
Not open for further replies.