KDZ Claims the reason GF weren't hype was "Major skill gap"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sami

Noob
Guys.

You guys.

You guize.

The entire top-8 was boring as all fuck. KDZ can only be held accountable for 3/10 of those matches ;).

edit: Superman however can take credit for featuring 8 times in 6 matches.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I'm genuinely surprised at how badly people are misinterpreting KDZ 's post.

1. He said DJT was the one running away and zoning because HE was being accused of doing that. He clarified that he tried to rush in on DJT at one point, but lost because he was zoned out. So naturally, he gave him a taste of his own medicine. He never said GL should be rushing down Superman. He just wanted to make it clear why he played the way he did. By running away, he means walking back and zoning for the majority of many matches.

2. He NEVER called DJT an unskilled player. He simply meant that the grand finals were unhype as people say because at this point in time, he is far and beyond a better player. He was not talking shit. This is literally what we as spectators witnessed: he basically beat DJT 4-0 if you include the Winner's final match. Is REO not more skilled than, say, Maxter when he beats him 6-0 in grand finals? Does this mean Maxter is generally unskilled? No.

This site has a terrible habit of taking things out of context. He was not being arrogant....
This post has too much logic for TYM to handle

no shit, my obvious point was that people saying that F23 is broken while praising something 1 frame slower and hitting low are absolute retards
That's one of many things messed up with Superman. GL has that really good tool where Superman has several more that are better than GLs. So GL needs it and that's why they're praising it. Without it he'd probably be mid tier. Maybe worse.

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk 2

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Ok baby birds, I've let this go on long enough.
Watching people misconstrue what I said to mean more than it did, while fun, needs to be "normalized".

Let's start with:
http://www.gamespot.com/injustice-gods-among-us/videos/kdz-shows-his-dominance-in-the-evo-injustice-gods-among-us-final-6411427/
The gamespot interview MINUTES after the tournament, where I give him the BIGGEST SHOUTOUT because I believe it.
I can name on one hand players in the history of Evo that have been in two grand finals in the same event.

This is so that you can understand that "skill gap" =/= "bad player". He's incredibly talented, especially at Mortal Kombat, and intelligent enough to play in a way that frustrates others into making mistakes.

1) When I say run, there wasn't even a hint of an insult there. But since "run" was read as "pussied out" by some people (I basically mean his brother MITDJT right now), lets go with "zoned". I fired lasers for one reason, and that was because he "zoned" me and chasing him became dangerous. He laid out a gameplan that garnered him amazing results.

2) Here's where it gets tricky. Because he did not prepare for the Superman matchup. Just like how Chris G did not prepare for the highest level Lantern matchup (While DJT defused his GA perfectly), DJT was wholly unprepared for the highest level Superman matchup. I started firing beams because I wanted to gain meter while he "zoned" me, with no intentions of hitting him. Then I saw them start hitting, and realized that he did not know the path through Superman lasers.

3) That's called being outplayed. I know some of you seem to take this as an insult, but it is NOT. He is an incredibly talented person, and is amazing at games as he proved. But he did not adapt with me, and he was outplayed by me. THE SKILL GAP (in Injustice) BETWEEN US WAS LARGE, BECAUSE I WAS PREPARED FOR EVERY MATCHUP IN TOP 8 while he was not. Which made the finals an "unexciting 3-0". I don't believe it was unexciting at all, but this is what people say.

4) I understand having his back, so I understand saying a 3-0 final was "barely beating him". The matches were close, they were not one sided at all. But the end result was 3-0.

I've watched, for the last 48 hours, a large portion of this site backhandedly insult me (or openly, hey) after winning this title.
This meant a lot to me. I gave as many shout outs as I could muster, and was as humble as possible while also jokingly having fun with it, even while people boo'd my entire finals performance. Even after being boo'd while I won, I STILL gave DJT a sick shout out on Gamespot's interview, because he's a genuinely great guy and an amazing competitor.

Unfortunately, what people refuse to be OK with, is that I was, on that day, at that time, on that stage, better.

This might not be the case next tournament, next major, next weekly.
But for that tournament, at that time and on that stage, I was light-years ahead of my competition.
#Boo

eolson3

Noob
The lack of common courtesy in these forums is just incredible. There is debate, and then there is just ugliness toward your fellow community members. There is far more of the latter.

For as much good that can be derived from TYM, there is a lot of deflating poop throwing. We should all pause a moment before hitting that "Post Reply" button, and read our words out loud. If it is something that you would never, ever say to your offline scene regulars, it probably doesn't contribute much here, either.

E

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
So S tier means unbalanced and/or broken? YOU sir, don't get it twisted.

Actually that is exactly what it means, but people on this site have no idea how tier lists work. S tier is supposed to be for characters that are clearly overpowered and broken. The fact that we have over 10 characters in S tier is laughable.

And no, I do not think anyone in this game is S tier.

eolson3

Noob
Guys.

You guys.

You guize.

The entire top-8 was boring as all fuck. KDZ can only be held accountable for 3/10 of those matches ;).

edit: Superman however can take credit for featuring 8 times in 6 matches.

There were definitely some boring ones, but that one Chris G/Black Adam match that was decided by the last move, after a clash? My brother and I were shouting at the screen. I want to replay that match for people curious about the game.

Thanks for being an active member of the community. Your gamespot interview was quality. Also I think Chris G's green arrow has been the only character I've seen in a long time that hasn't gotten blown up for being OP after winning a tournament. Heck in MK9 we had people complaining about Johnny Cage after a major. The hate is not surprising, it's also easier to fault a character for a loss than it is to fault the players.

KDZ, there wasn't a big skill gap at all and i'll say exactly why. When you look at GL and Superman, it is very clear which character has the better tools. Superman has better mobility, footsies, damage, a better super, rushdown, zoning, and a better trait. So it is very obvious superman is the better character (AND I'M NOT SAYING THAT IS COMPLETELY WHY YOU WON SO DON'T JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS). But when I looked at the grand finals again, you were definitely zoning A LOT and were abusing the fact that GL's mobility is ass and etc., so as a smart player, of course you took advantage of those things. But I saw that you dashed into multiple b1s, were getting impatient at times, and sometimes were so confused, you tried to do multiple grabs to open my bro up (which he tech'd almost all of them). So to conclude it, he didn't lose because he didn't know the matchup or the skill gap was huge, it was as simple as he made some mistakes that led to him getting bopped by big ass superman combos (which happens to anyone who makes a mistake on superman). But good stuff, you are the evo champ and you earned your win, but dnt think for one second he didn't know what he was doing, because I am his brother, I know better than anyone that he knew what he was doing.
But i'll give you props for clearing it up. You obviously have to outplay someone to be able to defeat them. But the real problem stirred form the first post in this thread and it is what caused all this drama in the thread. Now with different wording or clearing up by the person who made this thread, this all could have been avoided.

KDZ

It's amore, BABY.
MITDJT This could all be avoided by knowing what you're talking about, instead of being aggressive.

I dashed into b1's because I was tired of the GOD DAMN BOOING. That's my own weakness, my own failure to just stick with what DJT did not know how to stop. His exceptional reaction time stopped me every time.

I've taught more than one local GL player how to fight Superman, and it was harder than the grand finals match where your brother did NOT know what to do. Once you know what to do it's a 5-5.

1. Your brother is an amazing player.
2. There was a skill gap.
3. If you think he knew exactly what he was doing and exactly how to approach the match, then continue. You're the one's hurting yourselves thinking there's nothing to learn.

If you don't believe that, that's your own issues.

Actually that is exactly what it means, but people on this site have no idea how tier lists work. S tier is supposed to be for characters that are clearly overpowered and broken. The fact that we have over 10 characters in S tier is laughable.

And no, I do not think anyone in this game is S tier.
My understanding is S= Top tier.

nightw0lf

Earthrealm Defender / F23 MAN
Watching people misconstrue what I said to mean more than it did, while fun, needs to be "normalized".

Let's start with:
http://www.gamespot.com/injustice-gods-among-us/videos/kdz-shows-his-dominance-in-the-evo-injustice-gods-among-us-final-6411427/
The gamespot interview MINUTES after the tournament, where I give him the BIGGEST SHOUTOUT because I believe it.
I can name on one hand players in the history of Evo that have been in two grand finals in the same event.

This is so that you can understand that "skill gap" =/= "bad player". He's incredibly talented, especially at Mortal Kombat, and intelligent enough to play in a way that frustrates others into making mistakes.

1) When I say run, there wasn't even a hint of an insult there. But since "run" was read as "pussied out" by some people (I basically mean his brother MITDJT right now), lets go with "zoned". I fired lasers for one reason, and that was because he "zoned" me and chasing him became dangerous. He laid out a gameplan that garnered him amazing results.

2) Here's where it gets tricky. Because he did not prepare for the Superman matchup. Just like how Chris G did not prepare for the highest level Lantern matchup (While DJT defused his GA perfectly), DJT was wholly unprepared for the highest level Superman matchup. I started firing beams because I wanted to gain meter while he "zoned" me, with no intentions of hitting him. Then I saw them start hitting, and realized that he did not know the path through Superman lasers.

3) That's called being outplayed. I know some of you seem to take this as an insult, but it is NOT. He is an incredibly talented person, and is amazing at games as he proved. But he did not adapt with me, and he was outplayed by me. THE SKILL GAP (in Injustice) BETWEEN US WAS LARGE, BECAUSE I WAS PREPARED FOR EVERY MATCHUP IN TOP 8 while he was not. Which made the finals an "unexciting 3-0". I don't believe it was unexciting at all, but this is what people say.

4) I understand having his back, so I understand saying a 3-0 final was "barely beating him". The matches were close, they were not one sided at all. But the end result was 3-0.

I've watched, for the last 48 hours, a large portion of this site backhandedly insult me (or openly, hey) after winning this title.
This meant a lot to me. I gave as many shout outs as I could muster, and was as humble as possible while also jokingly having fun with it, even while people boo'd my entire finals performance. Even after being boo'd while I won, I STILL gave DJT a sick shout out on Gamespot's interview, because he's a genuinely great guy and an amazing competitor.

Unfortunately, what people refuse to be OK with, is that I was, on that day, at that time, on that stage, better.

But for that tournament, at that time and on that stage, I was light-years ahead of my competition.
Thanks for saying your piece. You can't blame people for taking what you write at face value though. In the future you may want to be more clear when you post something online that everyone in the world can read. Most people watched your matchup on the stream and only the stream and didn't see your interview, but thanks for bringing everyone's attention to it. As an EVO Injustice champ, you must act like Superman and stand as a role-model to sportsmanship for this game. If you don't feel like doing so that is your own decision. Just know that you will always get backlash from your position. If you have a problem with it, prove everyone wrong. I'd really like to see that.

Let's start with:

It's not your fault man, you were the only one who played supes properly by using different tools instead of f23 breath all the day(hell, the only supes worth watching). Its the other superman players that are making you look like crap, seriously every superman aside you was f23 breath all over the day without even using another string nor a reset what so ever, and having two more superman in the top 8 doesn't help that. You deserved the win man, but don't pay attention to people hating on you because they are hating on that character string used by almost every scrub over and over again. Better concentrate in getting even better because supes is getting nerfed in the next patch (hope is that loop only) and some idiots are saying you didn't deserve your win so show them in their faces that you ain't dropping the character after nerf and you will still be the champ. You dropped some combos kdz (specially that 70% corner combo) so you have to get better at that. Good luck and again don't pay attention to the bitching, just concentrate in the game

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
KDZ is right, as a GL player that loves to play this matchup GL has the tools to counter superman's zoning, while having a great anti air J1. Superman's pressure is better I believe though but it could've been a closer match with DJT's skill, maybe next time he'll know the match up well enough to counter some of these things.

KDZ, by knowing what i'm talking about? right it isn't like my bro hasn't played superman multiple times and that he hasn't seen superman on stream multiple times, but I guess that doesn't matter. DUH there is always something to learn from a loss, of course I know that. I'm not hurting anyone, you hurt yourself by making that statement without clearing it up right away. Don't even try to lie about my bro not knowing what to do, HE WAS THE ONLY PERSON TO EVEN TAKE A GAME OFF YOU IN THE TOP 8******* (please make sure you dnt forget/miss that). You are delusional if you think he didn't know what he was doing, and dnt make an excuse for yourself dashing into things, the crowd shouldn't have anything to do with your gameplan. If you want to know what killed my bro then i'll just say it:
*He tried to counter the f2's at the wrong time which led to you punishing him
*He got hit by too many interactables
*He did b1,2 too much and should've did b1,3 when you were dashing in more often which would've led to more damage and obviously would've made the fights closer
*Didn't utilize his instant oa missiles enough
*Could've utilize more of GL's setups

It's not KDZ's fault that his excellent character has a couple of effective gameplans that all just happen to be boring as hell to watch. It really isn't.

Good on ya KDZ for winning, and giving props to your opponent. My problem with the Top 8 isn't the players but rather how the upper-tier characters play at these high levels.

KDZ, by knowing what i'm talking about? right it isn't like my bro hasn't played superman multiple times and that he hasn't seen superman on stream multiple times, but I guess that doesn't matter. DUH there is always something to learn from a loss, of course I know that. I'm not hurting anyone, you hurt yourself by making that statement without clearing it up right away. Don't even try to lie about my bro not knowing what to do, HE WAS THE ONLY PERSON TO EVEN TAKE A GAME OFF YOU IN THE TOP 8******* (please make sure you dnt forget/miss that). You are delusional if you think he didn't know what he was doing, and dnt make an excuse for yourself dashing into things, the crowd shouldn't have anything to do with your gameplan. If you want to know what killed my bro then i'll just say it:
*He tried to counter the f2's at the wrong time which led to you punishing him
*He got hit by too many interactables
*He did b1,2 too much and should've did b1,3 when you were dashing in more often which would've led to more damage and obviously would've made the fights closer
*Didn't utilize his instant oa missiles enough
*Could've utilize more of GL's setups
sorry but wtf? i know superman vs gl matchup so fucking well that I can tell you, kdz eating b1 was because your bro spammed his proyectile and KDZ got close with a dash because he wanted to avoid heat zap and heat vision, in a game where no dash-block exist! That happens all the time to people who try to get close to GL while he zones all the day! They either eat b1 or lanterns might into free lantern combos. Most basic tactic ever coming from GL! so what should KDZ do? keep dashing to get that b1 intro free lantern combos or outzone him? when kdz started his zoning your brother didn't stand a chance and you know why? because he didn't do any other thing aside zoning so someone outzoning him was his doom.

KDZ

It's amore, BABY.
MITDJT
It DOESN'T matter.
Just because I've played BA's doesn't mean I've played Rico Suave's.
Just because I've played Sinestros doesn't mean I've played Wound Cowboy's.
Just because I've played Ravens doesn't mean I've played Blind Ducky's.
Just because he's played Supermen doesn't mean he's played mine.

Some players optimize their character beyond standard play. Random character practice will not prepare you for me, or anyone else on that list. And the only game he took off of me was the initial game, please don't forget that. It was the game I tried to rush him down. Then I went 5-0 straight against him, please dont forget that.

Who's making excuses? I'm telling you what happened, and how amazing he was to stop me instantly when I broke from my gameplan.He knew what he was doing with GL. He did NOT know what he was doing AGAINST the highest level Superman in the world.

That list you made of what he did wrong is a list of things I didn't do wrong.
Aka Skill gap.
Aka Outplayed.

There's nothing you can do to change that he won 1 then got 5-0'd. You're making me sound like an asshole having to say it this way, because you're being a stubborn jerk even when I give your brother all the props in the world, EVEN on the damn worldwide interview.

You're causing too much drama MIT.
Time to calm the fuck down and sit in time-out.

In the NRS community yes. In every other community S means broken or overpowered.
Ok well I'm in the NRS community. Just one thing here means something else there doesn't mean we don't what we're talking about.

Regardless I see your point. Moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.