What's new

KDZ Claims the reason GF weren't hype was "Major skill gap"

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK so here is TYM hypocrisy 101 for you:

REO and Tom Brady state in an interview that "no one is on our level" (which implies a skill gap) because they reached the GF at an East Coast major a few weeks into the game. Apparently, this is acceptable.

KDZ wins fucking EVO, and we crucify him for a comment that has been greatly misinterpreted.
heck when REO and tom said that, it put a target on their backs obviously, KDZ saying this will obviously just make ppl want to find ways to beat superman. That is why the next evo will obviously be more hype, because everyone will want to know, (who can stop the superman of the world).

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
OK so here is TYM hypocrisy 101 for you:

REO and Tom Brady state in an interview that "no one is on our level" (which implies a skill gap) because they reached the GF at an East Coast major a few weeks into the game. Apparently, this is acceptable.

KDZ wins fucking EVO, and we crucify him for a comment that has been greatly misinterpreted.
REO and Tom were actually blown up for that immediately. I was here for it.

The only difference is that more people here are familiar with Reo and Tom, so there were more people on the other side of the fence to come to their defense. Not a lot of people here know KDZ yet, so they just make willy nilly assumptions about what kind of personality he must have.

I thought the grand finals were rather interesting in terms of how much KDZ used Superman's lasers as a zoning tool. In the first match he used it 41 times. This forced DJT to play more aggressive which isn't how he was playing GL to that point at all. Meanwhile in the 2nd and 3rd matches he only them as a zoning tool 3 times a piece. KDZ actually plays a rather rush down based Superman. He gets most of his damage due to connecting combos in the corner. It's also interesting to note that in most matches that KDZ wins he wins with over 45 seconds left on the clock.

In winners finals, the first match he only used lasers 12 times as a zoning tool because GL was playing defensive with jump back rocket. Then in the second match he used them 3 times in the beginning of the match and 14 more times at the end because DJT clashed and he was left at a point where it would be a bad move to try and rush down GL. 3rd match he used them 10 times as a zoning tool to chip and finish out the match without giving GL a chance to clash.

In contrast you can look at how much DJT zoned out ChrisG. In the first match of the semifinals you can see he used 22 rockets and in the second one he used them 18 times. Each match also lasted quite awhile in that DJT won the first match with 2 seconds left and Chris won the 2nd with 23 seconds left and finally DJT won the final match with 18 seconds left. Ultradavid also made the statement "DJT moving forward as he rarely has done" during the video. This is in response to the amount of zoning that DJT did in the match.

Finally if you look at the losers finals, both matches ended in time outs. I mean I think that's enough evidence to show that DJT is a very defensive minded player with some god like patience. He really plays GL kind of like Guile in SF in terms of picking and choosing when to fight. I just think that maybe people should consider that other characters also use a lot of projectiles to keep people out and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

In regards to nerfing Superman, I think in order to not completely destroy the character they should look into reducing the amount of meter that eye lasers and heat vision build especially on whiff. From rewatching a lot of these matches, it is very rare for a Superman player to be without meter. All the meter he uses can just be generated back rather quickly from some eye laser and heat vision usage. So a Superman player burning his meter really doesn't have quite the same amount of consequence as some of the other characters in the game. Out of all the other Superman players in top 8, KDZ was actually the least reliant on zoning so take that for what it is.

I don't fully agree with what KDZ said, though I like that he's willing to bring some hype into this game.

Kind of reminds me when the east coast in mk9 felt their skill gap was unmatched compared to the west coast and other scenes back in 2012, and they said things way worse than this. The result? Each scene leveled up tremendously, and it was one of the hypest years for mk9.

Don't believe me, read the hype before MLG Anaheim:
http://testyourmight.com/threads/mlg-anaheim-mk9-confirmed-with-16-700-prize-pool.15347/page-2

That is what this game is missing, rivalries. Looking forward to the EVO champ in the future, as well as the run back. This might be a blessing in disguise. This game needs some rivalries, and seeing the west coast mentality (as in how well they did at anaheim, you guys were godlike), it should be good.

I don't fully agree with what KDZ said, though I like that he's willing to bring some hype into this game.

Kind of reminds me when the east coast in mk9 felt their skill gap was unmatched compared to the west coast and other scenes back in 2012, and they said things way worse than this. The result? Each scene leveled up tremendously, and it was one of the hypest years for mk9.

Don't believe me, read the hype before MLG Anaheim:
http://testyourmight.com/threads/mlg-anaheim-mk9-confirmed-with-16-700-prize-pool.15347/page-2

That is what this game is missing, rivalries. Looking forward to the EVO champ in the future, as well as the run back. This might be a blessing in disguise. This game needs some rivalries, and seeing the west coast mentality (as in how well they did at anaheim, you guys were godlike), it should be good.
rivalries are always hype and cool, West Coast is up for that.

of course, but i dont see it as op, it's just how he fights and if we take this tool from him he'll end up like scorp or strokes. it's good but it isnt brain dead. theres some reading involved. i brought up batgirl because it can be a hard matchup for supes, and alot of people are talking about him like he's a easier kabal. he's not he has weaknesses...

Here I'd have to disagree. He probably has mounds of tech still undiscovered and strings and mixups that are never used simply because f23breath is far superior to anything he has. Taking this away leaves f23 a great tool to use for whiff punishing and keeps you thinking the entirety of the game. As Supes stands now it's incredibly brain dead because any player can go to the lab for 20 minutes and learn a f23 combo and compete. You can't go into a match with a character like Green Arrow for instance and expect to win because of that characters high learning curve. He's a character that's fun to watch because he has so many mixups and so many options that are hype to watch when pulled of, simply because you know that when he utilizes many of his tools he's unsafe. All of this goes for Deathstroke and scorps (and please really don't talk to me about scorps i have enough salt to open a mine when it comes to him). Before low gun shots nerf all you had to do was mindlessly spam special moves. Now you're forced to learn his footsies game which is great, he has a good low, a f3 overhead that's +10 on block, amazing hitboxes on j1, j3 and the list goes on.

As far as Kabal goes I never was able to truly deepdive into MK because i started playing it at the end of his lifespan and dropped it for injustice, however it is clear to see the difference between Reo's Kabal and other Kabals, and it's also clear to see that he is a much more execution heavy character as opposed to supes. It wouldn't be the end of the world for supes if F23 gets nerfed, and I will end with saying that I know i've been picking on superman but that's just because of the OP. Every top tier charcter including him is the same, one safe string and a bunch of safe special moves.

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
Here I'd have to disagree. He probably has mounds of tech still undiscovered and strings and mixups that are never used simply because f23breath is far superior to anything he has. Taking this away leaves f23 a great tool to use for whiff punishing and keeps you thinking the entirety of the game. As Supes stands now it's incredibly brain dead because any player can go to the lab for 20 minutes and learn a f23 combo and compete. You can't go into a match with a character like Green Arrow for instance and expect to win because of that characters high learning curve. He's a character that's fun to watch because he has so many mixups and so many options that are hype to watch when pulled of, simply because you know that when he utilizes many of his tools he's unsafe. All of this goes for Deathstroke and scorps (and please really don't talk to me about scorps i have enough salt to open a mine when it comes to him). Before low gun shots nerf all you had to do was mindlessly spam special moves. Now you're forced to learn his footsies game which is great, he has a good low, a f3 overhead that's +10 on block, amazing hitboxes on j1, j3 and the list goes on.

As far as Kabal goes I never was able to truly deepdive into MK because i started playing it at the end of his lifespan and dropped it for injustice, however it is clear to see the difference between Reo's Kabal and other Kabals, and it's also clear to see that he is a much more execution heavy character as opposed to supes. It wouldn't be the end of the world for supes if F23 gets nerfed, and I will end with saying that I know i've been picking on superman but that's just because of the OP. Every top tier charcter including him is the same, one safe string and a bunch of safe special moves.
when djt gets on wonder woman you will see how unbroken supes really is. people just werent ready for him at that level and didnt understand matchups. id hate for him to get it as bad as sub got it cuz tom was just really good. kdz was really good with supes, all the other supermen didnt stand a chance. lie to me and say his soup wasnt a head above the rest... and that i could have beaten djt with a day 1 super man lol
i just dont believe that you could do that either, and i think djt is going in the right direction with wonder woman and asking kdz about superman.

MoldMan

Noob
Speaking of tom ,his day went to doom when perfect legend came around. REO got zoned out by theo? A supwrman zoner

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
Yea REO has had fall from grace for awhile now.
im not gonna lie, i despised him in mk. but i loved him when i heard he was maining batman.......
he'll come back.... he's not the hero we need right now.... but he's the hero we deserve lulz

Status
Not open for further replies.