What's new

General/Other - Cybernetic Kano's Cybernetic Variation Discussion Thread

MajinBerserker

My power equals yours!
For example, do a raw B13 1+3 at match start position. That's the push back distance I'm talking about. Kano doesn't get a free B1.
Corner 1+3 restand, he'll get it.

MajinBerserker

My power equals yours!
I like it. In the corner i like doing 32 cause its still -1 does more chip and cnan combo if it hits. This is good though. Me gusta
Yeah, B1 is just like the meta 1 thing to do. Just wanted to cite that example first.
32, Throw, B31, etc I know are all good options. I'm not dead set to just B1. Haha

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
Yeah, B1 is just like the meta 1 thing to do. Just wanted to cite that example first.
32, Throw, B31, etc I know are all good options. I'm not dead set to just B1. Haha
I agree haha. For guaranteed set up b1 and 32 will work. Just that you do have to move forword for 32 to work:(

MajinBerserker

My power equals yours!
I agree haha. For guaranteed set up b1 and 32 will work. Just that you do have to move forword for 32 to work:(
I'm aware of that aspect of 32. A bummer. But, that's kind of why I default with B1. Once they respect that, 32, Throw and B31 are all on the table.

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
was there a recent patch? from midscreen i.e. starting position kano can carry I believe the opponent to the corner and then do restand to guaranteed 11.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
was there a recent patch? from midscreen i.e. starting position kano can carry I believe the opponent to the corner and then do restand to guaranteed 11.
Why do 11? But no patch. Kano has had really good corner carry. Depending on how yiu end it, he can corner carry from a start of a match

MajinBerserker

My power equals yours!
Can you list the exact combo notation?
I'm not saying you're wrong. I'd just like to know b/c it could be better than what I listed in my o.p. My combo just stemmed from a variation to my normal bnb, so there could be room for improvement.

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
on the corner when you do the restand, if you time the 11 exactly after the recovery animation (after kano shakes his head). their only option is to block or get hit. can't be ducked. 112 can be armored. 11 from what I remember is either 0 or +1 and just 1 is +1.

MajinBerserker

My power equals yours!
on the corner when you do the restand, if you time the 11 exactly after the recovery animation (after kano shakes his head). their only option is to block or get hit. can't be ducked. 112 can be armored. 11 from what I remember is either 0 or +1 and just 1 is +1.
I get what you're saying. I've tried this before and can see it's value. 1 and 11 give you good Throw opportunities if the opp. blocks, too. 11 is 0 on block.
You can always check them with 1/11 and then go for more B1 pressure, as well.
The 1/11 option works best when you've done a corner combo ending in the 1+3 restand. Kano is as close as possible then.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
Im pretty sure s1 is 0 and 11 is -1 or 2 so it's like eh. Haha.

Can you list the exact combo notation?
I'm not saying you're wrong. I'd just like to know b/c it could be better than what I listed in my o.p. My combo just stemmed from a variation to my normal bnb, so there could be room for improvement.
Depending on your starter(and ender) doing something like f4 laser b23 ex 2+4 njp b1 b1 b1 b13 1+3 well put them in the corner. B23 will. If you can tell your kinda close to the corner after a njp you can do (after pop up) njp jk4 quick run b1 b1 ender. The jk will push them a lil closer to the corner but they will fall pretty quick if theres no corner to catch them.

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
but.. but.. if you mess up and opponent has a slow standing armor move you can break it :D
yeah its string/throw/11EXknives11EXknives fun. I prefer it, everybody armors like always.

11 is hit confirmable to 112 combo offline. got it a few(only if in the "zone"). to each their own. I don't like the spot B13 leaves kano on block. too close for my game.

MajinBerserker

My power equals yours!
That's true about 11 armor breaking.
Another option the opp. has to think about. No one can react to everything.

There are cons to every option after the restand, but there just as many, if not more, pros. Always have to factor in how good an opponent's armor is, too. Even B13 can break some moves. And some players won't react in time.
Also, Kano can always just block and full combo punish if you know the opponent wants to mash armor.

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
before that. if you mess up the timing on restand then 11 and they have a slow/average speed armor move, you can break that armor with 11. e.g. kotals OH sword ex maybe reptiles ex OH as well I think. just guessed the reptile now based on animation.

yeah 11exknives is a true blockstring. its fun when ending a game. usually they move on the 2nd rep then you can get something like 20%+

MajinBerserker

My power equals yours!
I've just recently implemented 32-EX Knives into my gameplan. Seems to catch my training partners pretty frequently. But they're used to B13/B1-EX Knives.
Need moar 32-Knives, 11-Knives.

11-EX Knives is great because of that 112 gap. Trying be cute with that armor? Get fuqd.

MajinBerserker

My power equals yours!
Update to my combo in OP****

If you're player 1, Kano must start the combo at the player 2 position (at match start) for the 1+3 restand to leave the opponent in the corner, guaranteeing the full +13 and B1/pressure. Vice versa if Kano starts the match on player 2 side.

Tested again to clarify on my accurate "midscreen position" point.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
I've just recently implemented 32-EX Knives into my gameplan. Seems to catch my training partners pretty frequently. But they're used to B13/B1-EX Knives.
Need moar 32-Knives, 11-Knives.

11-EX Knives is great because of that 112 gap. Trying be cute with that armor? Get fuqd.
11 into ex knives is a true block string. So if they try to armor nothing will come out. It itll catch if they tried to back dash it though cause im pretty sure you can't option select a back dash

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I've been getting mroe into MKX lately, and been appreciating cyber more and more. MKX is an adjustment from IGAU for me (Block button wtf), but I'm getting it. Cyber has been really interesting, because when I meet a better opponent, I've often been able to keep them away just by knives. I don't do it the entire match, as I do try to practice combos and love me some kano balls...but last resort, knives. It works well too...I'm guessing few people play cyber, and most people seem inexperienced with the matchup. The salt is too real.
There's actually quite a few Cybers, just not many that turn up to many widely-seen tournaments :p Some people are inexperienced in the matchup, you can usually tell when they say Cybernetic has the best projectile in the game :DOGE Online does help him though.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
I've been getting mroe into MKX lately, and been appreciating cyber more and more. MKX is an adjustment from IGAU for me (Block button wtf), but I'm getting it. Cyber has been really interesting, because when I meet a better opponent, I've often been able to keep them away just by knives. I don't do it the entire match, as I do try to practice combos and love me some kano balls...but last resort, knives. It works well too...I'm guessing few people play cyber, and most people seem inexperienced with the matchup. The salt is too real.
Mirror me dawg. Ill show you how much of a pain it can be